The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Why does everyone say they are .500. They have 10 wins and 11 losses.
    The standings that I am looking at has them at 11-11-1.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yup....11-11-1
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Holy Hell thats ridiculous! What a joke. I guess he got a couple extra for wearing a Flyers jersey.

NEWS UPDATE: Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk has been suspended four games by the NHL.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... id=nhl-twt

i agree it was a bad hit. 4 games....i dunno
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    Holy Hell thats ridiculous! What a joke. I guess he got a couple extra for wearing a Flyers jersey.

NEWS UPDATE: Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk has been suspended four games by the NHL.

Should have been 2 games max. Zero consistency with Shanahandjobs rulings.

I disagree with the charging call. He did not charge him at all. Watch Z gliding for several feet before the hit.
    I agree, he did launch into the check.
    Shanahan is basically admitting that the result of the hit had a factor in his ruling.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    81 wrote:

Should have been 2 games max. Zero consistency with Shanahandjobs rulings.

I disagree with the charging call. He did not charge him at all. Watch Z gliding for several feet before the hit.
    I agree, he did launch into the check.
    Shanahan is basically admitting that the result of the hit had a factor in his ruling.

A star player isn't getting 4 games and just like in the playoffs, it should be the action and not the result of the action that determines the suspension.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Just landed seats for thursday vs the ice chickens :thumbup:

future is bright fellas

Flyers 2012 first round pick Scott Laughton, who opened the NHL season with the big club and played five games before returning to the OHL's Oshawa Generals, has played with sky-high confidence ever since returning to the Ontario League. Last night, he racked up three assists in Oshawa's 4-2 win over Kingston. For the OHL season, the shutdown defensive center has posted 54 points (22 goals, 32 assists) in 46 games, to go along with a plus-22 rating.

Nick Cousins is still serving a four-game suspension for a checking from behind incident. He is eligible to return to the lineup on March 7. The controversial center has dropped to a tie for second in the league scoring race with 98 points (26 goals, 72 assists in 58 games).

Cant wait to see this guy rip someone's head off

Peterborough Petes' forward Derek Mathers is widely regarded as the toughest fighter in the OHL. Last night against Sault Ste. Marie, he had a fight and an instigator penalty. With a partial crackdown on fighting this season, Mathers has had to pick his spots for fighting a little more carefully. He has 125 penalty minutes this season in 63 games, down from 177 in 62 games a year ago.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    This is a tough week of action with us playing the ranagers, Pens and also boston.

still waiting for Ilya to stop giving up bad rebounds.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    fife wrote:
    This is a tough week of action with us playing the ranagers, Pens and also boston.

The bigger question ... when will the flyers actually get themselves a real good goalie? Hearing there's a possibly that Vancouver might trade Schneider ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

The bigger question ... when will the flyers actually get themselves a real good goalie? Hearing there's a possibly that Vancouver might trade Schneider ...

there is no way Vancouver will trade Schneider unless they lost all there senses.

Ilya is still a good goalie but makes simple mistakes but he is playing better this year.
    fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

there is no way Vancouver will trade Schneider unless they lost all there senses.

Ilya is still a good goalie but makes simple mistakes but he is playing better this year.

yeah, he's been pretty solid. I don't think you can fairly criticize the guy. He's night and day from last year's bryzaster

you could argue that he's been their best player
    fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

Don't count on that ... Schneider will bring a lot more back to Vancouver than Lu will, and it's obvious no team is willing to part with much for Lu ... and Vancouver needs to recognize that the opening for them to win a cup is closing and closing fast ... it still makes me laugh at how many people blame Lu for the Canucks failure to win a cup ... Lu got them to game 7 of the finals, yes he had some shaky games in the finals but he still back stopped them top game 7. I still think the Sedin twins are more the reason for Vancouver struggles ...

Ilya will never win a cup
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

When people say crap like this I just shake my head. Niemi just won a cup a few years ago. JS gigure. etc

I'm not saying that bryz is great or anything. Plenty of goalies with less talent have won cups.

The flyers problem is their defense. patrick roy in his prime wouldn't win a cup with this group of dmen
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

When people say crap like this I just shake my head. Niemi just won a cup a few years ago. JS gigure. etc

I'm not saying that bryz is great or anything. Plenty of goalies with less talent have won cups.

The flyers problem is their defense. patrick roy in his prime wouldn't win a cup with this group of dmen

if you say so ...

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    81 wrote:
    Why does everyone say they are .500. They have 10 wins and 11 losses.
    The standings that I am looking at has them at 11-11-1.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yup....11-11-1

Point is the same. 11 wins and 12 losses is BELOW .500.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Nick Cousins is still serving a four-game suspension for a checking from behind incident. He is eligible to return to the lineup on March 7. The controversial center has dropped to a tie for second in the league scoring race with 98 points (26 goals, 72 assists in 58 games).

Cant wait to see this guy rip someone's head off
    Cant wait until Cousins makes the jump to the NHL. He has some legal issues to deal with first.

He may turn out to be a good, gritty 3rd line forward with solid scoring ability and a great agitator.
    High Ceiling is a second line player.
    Pic of Tye McGinns broken Orbital bone:
    wmSfyuk.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    Pic of Tye McGinns broken Orbital bone:
    wmSfyuk.jpg

:shock: would almost be perfect for the Walking Dead now though. Just need some extra make-up :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    At what point does Laviolette get put under the gun?
    Continuously off to poor starts...
    Two goals were a direct result of bad line changes.

Can no longer seem to beat the Rangers after owning them for several years in a row.

Hip flexor injury for Grossmann
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    was Briere playing?
    I didnt hear Sam Rosen call his name once.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    what was up with the stupid beam that kept coming into camera view as the play went into the offensive zones (on flyers comcast broadcast)? that was terrible.

still surprised more guys don't wear visors. that was a scary play.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    pjhawks wrote:
    still surprised more guys don't wear visors. that was a scary play.

That was awful. Completely agree with the visor thing....I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes mandatory at some point in the next few years.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    It's all on the defense with this team. Once Grossmann left we were severely undermanned. On Callahan's 2nd goal near the end of the 1st, on the radio someone said that Bryz said his skate wasn't against the post so he couldn't push off and lead to the restricted poke check we saw. BS. He's got to poke that puck out of there. That was awful and he is awful with his stickwork.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited March 2013
    At what point does Laviolette get put under the gun?
    Continuously off to poor starts...
    Two goals were a direct result of bad line changes.

Can no longer seem to beat the Rangers after owning them for several years in a row.

Hip flexor injury for Grossmann

I think it would be dumb to get rid of laviolette. Young team, shitty defense, weird season, lot of injuries. Just throw this year out and improve the roster in the offseason (keep in mind that they got shut out last offseason with FAs).

people need to be patient with this team. they have a quality young core group...roster isn't a finished product at this point.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    was Briere playing?

seriously. they better amnesty his ass this offseason. he stinks
    The Fixer wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    was Briere playing?

He dominates the playoffs but that might not be an issue this year.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think it would be dumb to get rid of laviolette. Young team, shitty defense, weird season, lot of injuries. Just throw this year out and improve the roster in the offseason (keep in mind that they got shut out last offseason with FAs).

people need to be patient with this team. they have a quality young core group...roster isn't a finished product at this point.
    If they fail to make the playoffs, I think they will start fresh next year with a new coach to lead these young guys.
    Many of the vets will be gone. They need a new system. The guys Holmgren keeps getting do not fit into Lavioletts system of play.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    was Briere playing?

He dominates the playoffs but that might not be an issue this year.
    The Fixer wrote:

If they fail to make the playoffs, I think they will start fresh next year with a new coach to lead these young guys.
    Many of the vets will be gone. They need a new system. The guys Holmgren keeps getting do not fit into Lavioletts system of play.

I don't think it has much to do with the style of play. some of the vets they have brought in just aren't good...fedotenko, knuble, foster, gervais, etc

briere had a nice run here (esp in playoffs). he's done though. I don't think he has won a battle along the boards all season. They gotta take advantage of the amnesty clause and get rid of him and his contract (including his no trade clause) while they can.
    this team is too small with not enough speed.

they suck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Blues scouts have been seen at the last couple of Flyers games.
    Apparently they are interested in Briere or Talbot.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't think it has much to do with the style of play. some of the vets they have brought in just aren't good...fedotenko, knuble, foster, gervais, etc

briere had a nice run here (esp in playoffs). he's done though. I don't think he has won a battle along the boards all season. They gotta take advantage of the amnesty clause and get rid of him and his contract (including his no trade clause) while they can.

fyi: check who is currently 2nd in the league in goals with 15, and 1st in game winning goals.
    Blues scouts have been seen at the last couple of Flyers games.
    Apparently they are interested in Briere or Talbot.

briere has already said he won't waive his no trade. bunch of young kids in school and involved in youth hockey in the philly area
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

fyi: check who is currently 2nd in the league in goals with 15, and 1st in game winning goals.

ok, let me make this as easy as possible for you since you have such a difficult time understanding things...

carter has 17 points...voracek/couturier have 34 points. which is better?

one of these days you will realize that there is more to sports than hitting HRs or scoring goals