The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    i would throw in that playoff success for the flyers has been dictated by 2 things of which no forward is involved ... that is goaltending and chris pronger ... if pronger was healthy either of the last 2 playoff runs ... you're likely to have a parade ...
    Gotta disagree. The '11 run against the Bruins, Pronger would have helped for sure, but no way was the tandem of Bobrovsky and Boucher going to take them to the Cup.

Last year, the club was way too young/inexperienced. They used all they had to beat the Penguins, then had nothing left against the Devils. Pronger again would not have made a difference.

I think he absolutely would have made a diff last year. He was a guy who ate up 30 mins a game and brought such a calming presence. PLus he would have kept kubina and lilja off the ice

Not meant to be. Now they need to find a replacement.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    i would throw in that playoff success for the flyers has been dictated by 2 things of which no forward is involved ... that is goaltending and chris pronger ... if pronger was healthy either of the last 2 playoff runs ... you're likely to have a parade ...
    Gotta disagree. The '11 run against the Bruins, Pronger would have helped for sure, but no way was the tandem of Bobrovsky and Boucher going to take them to the Cup.

Last year, the club was way too young/inexperienced. They used all they had to beat the Penguins, then had nothing left against the Devils. Pronger again would not have made a difference.

I think he absolutely would have made a diff last year. He was a guy who ate up 30 mins a game and brought such a calming presence. PLus he would have kept kubina and lilja off the ice

Not meant to be. Now they need to find a replacement.
    My bad wording. Of course he would have made a big difference, but he still wasnt taking them to a SC either year. Plus Bryzgalov was playing like a complete sieve in net last year/1st round of playoffs.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    So, Tye Mcginn has a broken orbital bone from his 1st period fight with Brown last night.
    The team then sends him out for the 2nd and 3rd periods last night. Hell of a medical staff!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    So, Tye Mcginn has a broken orbital bone from his 1st period fight with Brown last night.
    The team then sends him out for the 2nd and 3rd periods last night. Hell of a medical staff!

broken orbit?
    ouch !
    And, it basically holds the eyeball inside the head.
    Not a good idea for any more hockey.
    maybe the needed a CaT Scan to find it ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

broken orbit?
    ouch !
    And, it basically holds the eyeball inside the head.
    Not a good idea for any more hockey.
    maybe the needed a CaT Scan to find it ?
    Its the Flyers doctors/medical staff. They are notorious for this kind of crap. Not recognizing injuries/concussions.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    My bad wording. Of course he would have made a big difference, but he still wasnt taking them to a SC either year. Plus Bryzgalov was playing like a complete sieve in net last year/1st round of playoffs.

yeah ... i said 2 things as goaltending was the other ... but pronger is huge ... it's why D-men go high in drafts and someone like schenn who barely scores gets traded for someone who does ...

pronger was a rock back there and he anchored the pp ... huge loss in your last 2 playoff runs ...
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Gagne gets his first of the year tonight ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

^^^^

This guy is a genius
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793

^^^^

This guy is a genius

nice call :thumbup:

Wonder where StevieG is? :think:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The dreaded Saturday matinee game next to try and get to .500.
    Not gonna be easy.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    where is stevie hiding?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Pierre Mcguire crying over that hit by Harry Z is hilarious. It was NOTHING like the knee job by Taylor Hall last week. Nothing.

This league is so awful. I'm willing to bet he gets a game for that to from Shanahan. Laughable.
    Ovechkin sucked (luckily), nice win.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Well that was an embarrasing effort. They showed up with 2 minutes to go.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    ovechkinfail.0_standard_709.0.gif
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    ovechkinfail.0_standard_709.0.gif
    What a dog he is. Did you see the embellished fall he took?

Welcome back Gags.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Solid game yesterday but Ilya has to control his rebounds better. that goal should not happen.

I really don't know what happen to Ovi. I have never seen a guy fall so far down from being the best player in the world to being what we are seeing now.

Anyway great game and hopefully we can some more wins in a row soon. Luke Schenn was great yesterday.
    Schenn had a Monster game vs Craps.

McKenzie on Briere... Flyers "unhappy with his production", was said pre-game last night; he also said that he is on the block, fwiw.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428

McKenzie on Briere... Flyers "unhappy with his production", was said pre-game last night; he also said that he is on the block, fwiw.

Briere already said there is no chance he is waiving his no trade clause. he loves the area and has 3 teenages in school who play hockey in the area. he isn't going anywhere until after the season.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pjhawks wrote:

Briere already said there is no chance he is waiving his no trade clause. he loves the area and has 3 teenages in school who play hockey in the area. he isn't going anywhere until after the season.

Unless they buy him out he is not going anywhere since he a no movement clause on his contract. I don't think they should get rid of him. we need some veteran players on this team and Briere is great for the young players just ask Claude who lived with him for a while.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Didn't Couturier live with Briere too? I remember seeing something on TV about it and it was really really weird. The dude looked so young that he had more in common with Briere's kids.
    .500 team.
    Actually won an afternoon game.
    .500 team.
    Actually won an afternoon game.

Actually scored the first goal. Two games in a row, now that I think about it. Hope they keep it up
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I fully expect Z to get a game or two from Shanahan.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    caught the last puck drop. :fp: :lol:

was out running errands, trying to make the sick woman feel better. nice to see them back at 500.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    caught the last puck drop. :fp: :lol:

was out running errands, trying to make the sick woman feel better. nice to see them back at 500.

i was taking a nap :oops: Good o see them back at 500. Hopefully they can sneak in the playoffs :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I fully expect Z to get a game or two from Shanahan.

congrats for being able to look through the Keith Jones propaganda machine. He was somehow flabbergast that they even called a penalty on that.

Wasnt the worst thing ever, but definitely fits the description of launching toward the player's head. Even if he didnt do that, it would have probably still resulted in a concussion. He was zoned in and the player was looking at the pass as he cut towards the middle.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Why does everyone say they are .500. They have 10 wins and 11 losses. That is below .500. I love hockey, but the NHL regular season is fucking stupid giving these points to losing teams and having these dumbass shootouts.

Anyways after all is said and done I'm sure this team will be in the playoffs and they just need to be relatively healthy and get hot at that point.

Read through everything real fast, but I think I saw pjhawks say that Voracek & Simmonds would never be all-stars or something like that. Real hockey scout here... :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Why does everyone say they are .500. They have 10 wins and 11 losses.
    The standings that I am looking at has them at 11-11-1.
    edited March 2013
    Holy Hell thats ridiculous! What a joke. I guess he got a couple extra for wearing a Flyers jersey.

NEWS UPDATE: Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk has been suspended four games by the NHL.