The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pjhawks wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    carter is the luckiest stiff in hockey history...totally one dimensional, cant pass, cant create his own shot/space, cant stick handle, cant play D, can only skate up the wing and let go a wrist shot or take a pass and release the wrister. not a good player to me and his numbers speak for themselves.

why are u so in love with him? you must be from sea isle...

last night just may turns things around here, bryz playing ufb... another goal against that nobody would have saved, id guess half of his goals against are those type.

not good... sestitov scoring both

not cool...rinaldo continuing to throw when he connected to the jaw,
    totally not cool... lecavalier punching talbot while down on his back

bryz quote when asked, whats his mindset and confidence like when he has been flyers most consistent player
    "im not to tell you.............you wouldnt believe me anyway"

how many guys on this team and franchise have averaged 30 goals a season for more than 3 seasons? not a whole lot. if you're going to be one dimensional scoring 30+ goals is a good dimension to be in. sorry if i'm a different type of flyers fan who actually values goals (you know only the most important thing in the game) over fights.

oh and don't look now but JVR is in the top 10 in goals in the NHL right now. another trade by homer that is looking great so far...for the other team.

agree though that Bryz has been outstanding this year. hopefully he can keep it up. since this team can't score he is going to have to play like this for this team to make the playoffs.

I agree with you about a 30 goal scorer but i do still think the Carter trade was good because it allowed the team to have more flexibility. when you look at both the Richard and Carter trade, we got younger and on top of that we are not stuck with the long term contracts.

Yes JVR is looking good right now but so has Luke. I really think that trade will work out for both teams as both players needed a change.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    JC29856 wrote:
    What? Rinaldo did nothing wrong.Yeah, he punched him while he was on the way down, but he was finishing the fight. Crombeen wasnt on the ice yet.
    Lecavalier on the other hand, punched Talbot when both guys were down on the ice and after a linesman was already between the two players. NO NO.

fife wrote:

Yes JVR is looking good right now but so has Luke. I really think that trade will work out for both teams as both players needed a change.
    Absolutely.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Sea Isle Hawk... Carter is done, he wont sniff 30 goals for the rest of his short lived career... i will answer your question this way... I will take every top 3 line forwards on the flyers now than the Orange now Silver Cone, since you're a real Flyers fan then you know who Im talking about.

you mention JVR, i can see you like players that tend to at times.... disappear. jvr is a good player and has alot of potential. remember thou you cant compare jvr on the flyers to jvr on the leafs, he is one of their top forwards behind kessel so the roles are different. put courtsey on the leafs and tell me how he performs there as compared to the flyers. having said that, enjoy these jvr goals now bec since he has little support teams will key on him and gameplan around him and shut him down (how many teams gameplan around Jeff Carter?), he still young. i didnt mind the trade bec the flyers need Dmen and of all the guys they could have traded, read, court, schenn, he was the one i would have chosen, he needed a change anyway.

anyway whats your deal with fighting? funny that you mention rinaldo last night before he to quote coach "brought a jolt of enery to the building" with that fight. if you dont think fighting is relevant than ok. i think it is relevant but im just a fan like you so ask the players and coaches. (toughness and fighting sure is helping the sabres this year!)

btw your GM comments were dumb...your bashing a GM that tried to elevate an expansion team, signing good affordable players, then you bash a GM that took over for a guy asleep at the wheel and saw his team in the cup with an AHL goalie...i wont comment on your "drunk" comments for obvious reasons.

im here for ya..
    JC29856 wrote:
    What? Rinaldo did nothing wrong.Yeah, he punched him while he was on the way down, but he was finishing the fight. Crombeen wasnt on the ice yet.
    Lecavalier on the other hand, punched Talbot when both guys were down on the ice and after a linesman was already between the two players. NO NO.

usually when you hit a guy on the button you stop throwing, maybe he didnt know he landed one on the chin but i think he threw 3 more after he connected solidly and the last was when crombeen was on the ice, yes not flat laid out but he was on the ice...it doesnt matter bec fighting is irrelevant
    I agree with you..fighting absolutely has its place in the game.
    Let's use last night for example. The Rinaldo fight did in fact amp this team up.
    Let's remember, the previous game vs TB in which Crombeen was following our Captain, our most skilled player, around the ice for an entire shift, cheap- shotting him the entire time. Crombeen was doing his job, trying to get Giroux off his game and even into the box. Rinaldo did his job and taught him a lesson...dont mess with our best player.
    I agree with you..fighting absolutely has its place in the game.
    Let's use last night for example. The Rinaldo fight did in fact amp this team up.
    Let's remember, the previous game vs TB in which Crombeen was following our Captain, our most skilled player, around the ice for an entire shift, cheap- shotting him the entire time. Crombeen was doing his job, trying to get Giroux off his game and even into the box. Rinaldo did his job and taught him a lesson...dont mess with our best player.

and dont think the rest of the league doesnt watch kathryn tappen on nhl ch, zachary sent a message to the entire league, "mess with my top players and you risk getting KTFO!"

yeah sea isle hawk thinks carter is hated bec he dont fight and is a puzzy, yes he is a puzzy but thats not why he is hated. he is hated bec he is a waste of talent stiff

funny the SIH mentions homer as a drunk, and brags about richards and carter, both could be considered drunks, guess he hasnt been to the OD or lacosta

funny that SIH says fighting is irrelevant yet you have a guy like vinny lec dropping the gloves in both games, obviously a stanley cup champion captain doesnt think fighting is irrelevant
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    JC29856 wrote:
    Sea Isle Hawk... Carter is done, he wont sniff 30 goals for the rest of his short lived career... i will answer your question this way... I will take every top 3 line forwards on the flyers now than the Orange now Silver Cone, since you're a real Flyers fan then you know who Im talking about.

you mention JVR, i can see you like players that tend to at times.... disappear. jvr is a good player and has alot of potential. remember thou you cant compare jvr on the flyers to jvr on the leafs, he is one of their top forwards behind kessel so the roles are different. put courtsey on the leafs and tell me how he performs there as compared to the flyers. having said that, enjoy these jvr goals now bec since he has little support teams will key on him and gameplan around him and shut him down (how many teams gameplan around Jeff Carter?), he still young. i didnt mind the trade bec the flyers need Dmen and of all the guys they could have traded, read, court, schenn, he was the one i would have chosen, he needed a change anyway.

anyway whats your deal with fighting? funny that you mention rinaldo last night before he to quote coach "brought a jolt of enery to the building" with that fight. if you dont think fighting is relevant than ok. i think it is relevant but im just a fan like you so ask the players and coaches. (toughness and fighting sure is helping the sabres this year!)

btw your GM comments were dumb...your bashing a GM that tried to elevate an expansion team, signing good affordable players, then you bash a GM that took over for a guy asleep at the wheel and saw his team in the cup with an AHL goalie...i wont comment on your "drunk" comments for obvious reasons.

im here for ya..

have only been to sea isle about 3x in the past 20 years so yeah good call on that one :fp:

and you do realize carter has more goals than any Flyer does in 2 less games so far this season right? and that he is on a 24 goal pace over a 48 game schedule which would be a 41 goal pace when broken out of a full season's schedule? i'm guessing not by your comments.

fighting in anger has a place in the game. fighthing because that is all you can do to me is a waste. i dislike goons who have no discernible hockey ability like most of them do.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Rob Zombie is at tonights game. He is in town starting preliminary work on his Broad Street Bullies movie.

:D I think he was there for a few reasons. Mainly for his movie "The Broad Street Bullies" which I guess he's finally gonna do. Also to promote his upcoming film "Lords Of Salem" and his upcoming album

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbbP--B7UCtz3cRn_Hdnu7tJzMTgt9o3QT18EBhza9aiH3tJQMDQ
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Flyers apparently have resigned Timmonen to a 1 yr deal.

Some saying its for $6M... which is high, but there are no good FA D-men this coming summer.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I guess the Flyers won in OT last night.

Leighton put on IR, the infamous Boucher recalled for goalie backup.
    Big game against the Laffs tonight.
    leafs just posted a 6 spot in mont
    dreading the jvd schenn pre game talk tonight
    Brutal effort tonight. The D had no coverage, and the offense stinks.

What happened to Giroux? Somethings gotta be wrong with him or he is just void of confidence.
    This season is starting to remind me of the last time there was a lockout and the flyers just played like crap and finished last in the NHL.
    A Flyers beat writer was saying that Bryz was having a lengthy conversation with an old Leafs fan and signing autographs after he was pulled.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    A Flyers beat writer was saying that Bryz was having a lengthy conversation with an old Leafs fan and signing autographs after he was pulled.
    The Flyers beat writers are all idiots.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Flyers beat writers are all idiots.
    They're also off to a slow start because of the lockout.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    my fav was watching JVR blow by Luke Schenn hehe :D
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:

you know its bad when leafs fan are talking smack. well to be fair they have had 8 years of coming up with good things to say since they have not been busy watching leaf playoff hockey.
    kenshunt wrote:
    Good for him. I still have no problem with the trade. Schenn has played well.

Just wait until JVR gets hurt or stops playing hard. Im sure the back of the Sun will look a lot different.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    fife wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

you know its bad when leafs fan are talking smack. well to be fair they have had 8 years of coming up with good things to say since they have not been busy watching leaf playoff hockey.
    They've been talking smack without anything to back it up for 46 years, I'm surprised they aren't even more belligerent now that they've won a few games ;)
    flyers are in serious trouble... they arent doing the basic things that are needed to win...like, not turning puck over in own end (basic), not getting the puck in deep (most basic), no transition D. not having a offensive minded Dman hurts (Mez out) and not having hartnell hurts bigtime. no heart no soul...
    This team is a giant question mark. Never know what to expect.
    Blow a 2 goal lead tonight. Timonen is now injured.
    Getting nothing from our top guys(Briere, Giroux)

Total suckfest.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Glad i decided to sit out this season. #fuckyoulockout
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • This team blows. Like I said before trade Coutier and picks for Bobby ryan. Couts isn't as good as everyone thought. This team needs a sniper and Ryan is just that.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    can you guys please stop Tavares ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    This team blows. Like I said before trade Coutier and picks for Bobby ryan. Couts isn't as good as everyone thought. This team needs a sniper and Ryan is just that.

let's examine facts vs. myth with the stats of player A and player B over the last 3 years.
    Player A:
    2012 - 31 goals, 57 points in 82 games (.37 goals per game, .70 pts per game)
    2011 - 34 goals, 71 points in 82 games (.41 goals per game, .87 pts per game)
    2010 - 35 goals, 64 points in 81 games (.43 goals per game, .79 pts per game)

Player B:
    2012 - 21 goals, 34 points in 55 games (.38 goals per game, .62 pts per game)
    2011 - 36 goals, 66 points in 80 games (.45 goals per game, .83 pts per game)
    2010 - 33 goals, 61 points in 74 games (.45 goals per game, .82 pts per game)

can you guess which the 2 players are? hints: one is considered a sniper here, the other is routinely disliked in these parts.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    can you guys please stop Tavares ?
    Not this team. 5-1 Isles today.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    the ship has sailed on the Bobby Ryan trade. Anaheim isnt in the basement anymore. In fact, they are the 2nd best team in the NHL right now and Ryan is one of their best players.
    Top teams dont trade their stars to bottom-feeders. If it didnt happen last year, its not happening.

Maybe, after the season if they really want to sign both Perry and Getzlaf, but I would think they may rather keep Ryan and his somewhat reasonable cap hit. They have Selanne/Koivu too possibly retiring/coming off the books.... and I wouldnt put it past those 2 to just give a huge discount for another run.

But Ryan for, say Couturier would put the Flyers over the cap anyways, and next season, the cap is diving a bit.

The soup de jour is Ryan O'Reilly, but, like B Ryan, there are like 5 teams going for him and the price is too high.