The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:
    You gotta remember that these players are still pretty young. Schenn still only has about a full year under his belt.
    Voracek is another story, but the whole team is struggling.
    Giroux looks like he never played a game before in his life.

This is how bad it is right now: T. McGinn, a call up from a couple weeks ago, is now on the top scoring line.

Will be interesting to see how many games Erskine gets for his elbow on Simmonds last night.

Amazing how much hartnell being out has hurt giroux. That hairy bastard really helps create space on the ice.

Never thought I'd say that the flyers 'miss' hartnell.

Voracek really sucks.

Simmonds hurts being out, but he has hands of stone. Some of the worst stickhandling I've ever seen from an NHL player. He does have a nice commanding physical presence.

I didn't see last night's game. I thought Luke Schenn had looked good, but sounds like he didn't have a good game vs. the Caps...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Fixer wrote:
    You gotta remember that these players are still pretty young. Schenn still only has about a full year under his belt.

This is how bad it is right now: T. McGinn, a call up from a couple weeks ago, is now on the top scoring line.

Will be interesting to see how many games Erskine gets for his elbow on Simmonds last night.

Amazing how much hartnell being out has hurt giroux. That hairy bastard really helps create space on the ice.

I hear ya.

Funny thing is, they finally get Bryz playing well and then the whole team shits the bed or is hurt. I dont think these guys will all be healthy at the same time ever.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Voracek really sucks.

Simmonds hurts being out, but he has hands of stone. Some of the worst stickhandling I've ever seen from an NHL player. He does have a nice commanding physical presence.

I didn't see last night's game. I thought Luke Schenn had looked good, but sounds like he didn't have a good game vs. the Caps...

They got some decent chances last night, just can't finish. You know youre in trouble when matt read is your second best forward.

Still real early though. They just need to get healthy
    The Fixer wrote:

Last night was his worst game by far. He has played really well prior to that effort. Like I said tho, the whole team has sucked.
    Shit...they won.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Shit...they won.

:lol:

who's "they"?
    :?:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Shit...they won.

:lol:

who's "they"?
    :?:
    The Flyers.
    oh so you were surprised, ?

i see they went 3-3 on PP and had 5 different scorers.

that doesnt happen often .
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    pjhawks wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    StevieG wrote:
    For the first time in a long while, I can honestly say that I'm embarassed to be a Caps fan.
    Really? You haven't been paying enough attention.

gotta love guys from ontario and halifax having an argument in a philly sports thread :D - welcome although we usually do mighty fine arguing amongst ourselves. ;)
    Always a good time!
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I was.

Rags trade Rupp to Minnesota
    You guys got ex Flyer Powe.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... the phillies thread got shut down ... they should retire the :corn: emoticon with it ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:

seriously. this troll was absent last year with the carter nonsense. now he chirps after 2 weeks.

:roll:

you must have forgotten my posts during the Stanley Cup finals when Carter was scoring 2 game winners and raising the cup with Richards. ;)

in all seriousness those trades have not worked out for the Flyers so far. It's really all depends on how far Schenn can progress. Simmonds and Voracek are what they are.
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I was.

Rags trade Rupp to Minnesota
    You guys got ex Flyer Powe.

On a sidenote, cool avatar change.
    platessmall.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Big game tonight. we need to start off better. we have had to many slow starts this year.

The Lightning are looking good.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

seriously. this troll was absent last year with the carter nonsense. now he chirps after 2 weeks.

you must have forgotten my posts during the Stanley Cup finals when Carter was scoring 2 game winners and raising the cup with Richards. ;)

in all seriousness those trades have not worked out for the Flyers so far. It's really all depends on how far Schenn can progress. Simmonds and Voracek are what they are.

id rather throw an orange cone on the ice than have carter out there... guy does the best disappearing act during the playoffs, maybe im still mad about stanley cup flyers hawks game 6 with 1:31 left in the 3rd
    JC29856 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

id rather throw an orange cone on the ice than have carter out there... guy does the best disappearing act during the playoffs, maybe im still mad about stanley cup flyers hawks game 6 with 1:31 left in the 3rd

2 game winning goals in the stanley cup finals last year would seem to render that argument incorrect ;)
    fife wrote:
    Big game tonight. we need to start off better. we have had to many slow starts this year.

The Lightning are looking good.
    Lightning always have our number.
    JC29856 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I will never forgive him for not elevating that puck over Niemi in Game 6. What a dick.
    I will never forgive him for not elevating that puck over Niemi in Game 6. What a dick.

wasn't a good moment no doubt. i tend to blame the ridiculous piss poor goaltending for that loss though. ahole leighton still doesn't know where the game winner is. and the next night he was yucking it up the phillies game...that always pissed me off about leighton...well that and he totally sucks. so glad he is back :fp:
    pjhawks wrote:

wasn't a good moment no doubt. i tend to blame the ridiculous piss poor goaltending for that loss though. ahole leighton still doesn't know where the game winner is. and the next night he was yucking it up the phillies game...that always pissed me off about leighton...well that and he totally sucks. so glad he is back :fp:
    Very true. It's really sad. If this team would have gotten just average goaltending against the Hawks that series, they would have been Stanley Cup champions.

There is no doubt about that.
    carter, game on his stick with niemi down and out falling forward...carter shoots off the mask!

playoffs games goals ast +/_
    2006 6 0 0 -4 disappeared orange cone
    2008 17 6 5 0 nuetral carter
    2009 6 1 0 -2 disappeared orange cone
    2010 12 5 2 -5 disappeared orange cone
    2011 6 1 1 -3 disappeared orange cone
    2012 20 8 5 0 cup champion carter

playoff summary 67 games 34 points, 21 goals and minus -14
    traded to colm then traded to lak... at least two gms like me prefer an orange cone
    edited February 2013
    JC29856 wrote:
    carter, game on his stick with niemi down and out falling forward...carter shoots off the mask!

playoffs games goals ast +/_
    2006 6 0 0 -4 disappeared orange cone
    2008 17 6 5 0 nuetral carter
    2009 6 1 0 -2 disappeared orange cone
    2010 12 5 2 -5 disappeared orange cone
    2011 6 1 1 -3 disappeared orange cone
    2012 20 8 5 0 cup champion carter

playoff summary 67 games 34 points, 21 goals and minus -14
    traded to colm then traded to lak... at least two gms like me prefer an orange cone

one of those GMs had the worst team in the NHL last year and the other is a drunk who will be on the firing block if/when his team doesn't make the playoffs this year. not 2 great guys to hang your hat with dude.

one GM traded for him and won the Cup. Carter and Richards have been in two Stanley Cup finals in 3 years.
    are there any other players in the league who can say the same?

a player who can score 30 goals in the regular season will help you get to the playoffs. don't you think this current team could use a 30 goal scorer?

let me guess you still think fighting is relevant and love guys like zac rinaldo. :?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Rob Zombie is at tonights game. He is in town starting preliminary work on his Broad Street Bullies movie.
    Rinaldo absolutely tuned up Crombeen in that fight.
  • Bryz is a beast.
    Go Birds!!!!
    tumblr_m2yvz04ttO1qfhdrpo1_500.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Nice win last night. I didn't get to see much of the 3rd but they looked really good in the 2nd period.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Great game yesterday. Defesnce played great on the PK.

Ilya played great when he needed to. made some great saves.

Giroux kind of reminded me of Toews yesterday.

now that we have some homes games this is the Flyers opportunity to climb back into the play off race.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    woman told me the game was on...i was like meh....

this lock out sucked the hockey right out of me. :x :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    carter is the luckiest stiff in hockey history...totally one dimensional, cant pass, cant create his own shot/space, cant stick handle, cant play D, can only skate up the wing and let go a wrist shot or take a pass and release the wrister. not a good player to me and his numbers speak for themselves.

why are u so in love with him? you must be from sea isle...

last night just may turns things around here, bryz playing ufb... another goal against that nobody would have saved, id guess half of his goals against are those type.

not good... sestitov scoring both

not cool...rinaldo continuing to throw when he connected to the jaw,
    totally not cool... lecavalier punching talbot while down on his back

bryz quote when asked, whats his mindset and confidence like when he has been flyers most consistent player
    "im not to tell you.............you wouldnt believe me anyway"
    JC29856 wrote:
    carter is the luckiest stiff in hockey history...totally one dimensional, cant pass, cant create his own shot/space, cant stick handle, cant play D, can only skate up the wing and let go a wrist shot or take a pass and release the wrister. not a good player to me and his numbers speak for themselves.

why are u so in love with him? you must be from sea isle...

last night just may turns things around here, bryz playing ufb... another goal against that nobody would have saved, id guess half of his goals against are those type.

not good... sestitov scoring both

not cool...rinaldo continuing to throw when he connected to the jaw,
    totally not cool... lecavalier punching talbot while down on his back

bryz quote when asked, whats his mindset and confidence like when he has been flyers most consistent player
    "im not to tell you.............you wouldnt believe me anyway"

how many guys on this team and franchise have averaged 30 goals a season for more than 3 seasons? not a whole lot. if you're going to be one dimensional scoring 30+ goals is a good dimension to be in. sorry if i'm a different type of flyers fan who actually values goals (you know only the most important thing in the game) over fights.

oh and don't look now but JVR is in the top 10 in goals in the NHL right now. another trade by homer that is looking great so far...for the other team.

agree though that Bryz has been outstanding this year. hopefully he can keep it up. since this team can't score he is going to have to play like this for this team to make the playoffs.