My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Only given up 1 goal in 2 games you'd think they would be 2-0

:roll:

tough one last night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Source: Devils acquire Kovalchuk
    Comment Email Print Share
    By Pierre LeBrun
    ESPN.com
    Archive

Kovalchuk
    Kovalchuk

The New Jersey Devils have won the Ilya Kovalchuk sweepstakes, acquiring from the superstar winger from the Atlanta Thrashers on Thursday night, a source close to the deal told ESPN.com.

The Devils have struggled of late, especially scoring goals. Veteran Devils GM Lou Lamoriello didn't hesitate, swooping in and acquiring the biggest rental player available on this year's trade market.

Kovalchuk will be an unrestricted free agent July 1 and contracts talks with the Thrashers hit a stalemate recently.
    This sucks big time balls.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    that does suck..too bad we couldn't afford him....errrrr...fit him under the cap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    as if we didn't have enough to deal with in the division
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    looks like we got jobbed again on Scottie's goal last night. Ok, so maybe it was difficult to tell if it was across the line, but that was a goal. no doubt about it. even the NJ annoucers thought it was.

nice to see them win back to back agaist Jersey....even with Jersey playing like crap lately.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    :|

I know

I can't keep this thread alive by myself !

:P ;):)

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Alright....let the season resume !!

Hopefully Richards and Pronger are not too hungover

:twisted:

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,766
    I'll try to bump this from time to time. Let's hope we can extend this winning streak that we all forgot about.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    and kimo and that other D guy. Belrus or something like that. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    come on Flyers. i like that at the beginning the Games, Carter, Pronger and Richard all went out for Dinner. hopefully they all gain respect for each other as the 3 main guys in our cup run. now, do the flyers trade for a goalie or not. Emery is gone for the season. hopefully Montreal is still shopping Halak
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Just want you Flyers fans to know Crosby is HOME now

prepare for your ass kickings
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    come on Flyers. i like that at the beginning the Games, Carter, Pronger and Richard all went out for Dinner. hopefully they all gain respect for each other as the 3 main guys in our cup run. now, do the flyers trade for a goalie or not. Emery is gone for the season. hopefully Montreal is still shopping Halak

Yeah I heard that about Emery

I think they have to trade for one...Leighton has been really good but I don't think they head into the playoffs with him and Booooch

Not sure how much it would take to get Halak but Im not trading JVR or Giroux

• Options
    no high end goalie in philly, say it ain't so. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

Don't know much about him ?

Stay at home guy or puck mover ?

I think Parent is out for the year with back surgery...not sure the severity of it though

• Options
    81 wrote:
    no high end goalie in philly, say it ain't so. :lol:

I know right !

How many top draft picks of "can't miss goalies" that were busts!

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:

Don't know much about him ?

Stay at home guy or puck mover ?

I think Parent is out for the year with back surgery...not sure the severity of it though
    Don't know much about him either, have heard good things but not specifics.
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:

snap!! :lol:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    why didn't you guys tell me Tollefsen was traded. :lol:

i completely missed that one. i liked ol number 55.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    nice way to come out of the break....and to beat down martin st louis to boot. i dislike that little twerp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    sucks about EMery being done, but not much we can do. Played well tonight with Leighton. :thumbup:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    fife wrote:

I think they have to trade for one...Leighton has been really good but I don't think they head into the playoffs with him and Booooch

what motreal needs is toughness. I think putting someone like Hartnell and maybe a 3rd rounder might get you Halak. while if i was going to give up one of those 2 players you mentioned it would be Giroux. I really like JVR and think you is going to be a top 2 line player for many years to come. don't know if Giroux is going to be. ofcourse he did play very well yesterday.
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:

right now pitt would play buffalo which would be a hard series for Pitt. not saying they won't win but you never know the way Miller is playing. the flyers would play ottawa which is a good series for us. Big trade deadline day
  • Options
    sucks about EMery being done, but not much we can do. Played well tonight with Leighton. :thumbup:

Real Nice win

Richie was everywhere !

Leighton has looked really good...hes so calm almost too calm sometimes in his movements

Can't argue though he's getting the job done

• Options
    fife wrote:
    fife wrote:

what motreal needs is toughness. I think putting someone like Hartnell and maybe a 3rd rounder might get you Halak. while if i was going to give up one of those 2 players you mentioned it would be Giroux. I really like JVR and think you is going to be a top 2 line player for many years to come. don't know if Giroux is going to be. ofcourse he did play very well yesterday.

I do Hartnell and a pick in millisecond !!

I think Giroux's career can go either way kinda like Briere...a guy who blossoms or a guy who bounces around and never truly dominates..Giroux is an excellent passer

What I like about JVR is his size..once he gets more mature he's gonna be tough around the net

• Options
    The trade deadline was so much more fun without the salary cap :lol:

• Options
    The trade deadline was so much more fun without the salary cap :lol:

yup...Philly is so far up agaist the cap, don't expect anything to exciting to happen.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

I do Hartnell and a pick in millisecond !!

I think Giroux's career can go either way kinda like Briere...a guy who blossoms or a guy who bounces around and never truly dominates..Giroux is an excellent passer

What I like about JVR is his size..once he gets more mature he's gonna be tough around the net

i think anybody would trade Hartnell for something decent. he can't skate and has rocks for hands.

Giroux can skate and has good hands. hopefully, he will continue to improve. JVR is going to be a beast. He has nice size and decent hands. He just needs to park himself in front of the net and put away all the rebounds.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg