The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    awesome. how can people want this banned??

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/108171

it was a real momentum shifter :roll:

and how the heck does the tampa trainers let him back in the game after staggering off the ice like that?

my favorite part of the game was the dbag sitting in about the 5th row near the penalty box with the carcillo jersey. hundreds of miles away at a road game in a carcillo jersey - dear lord.

anyone have a JVR siting recently? and to think some on here thought he was going to score 35 goals this year.

the fight last night didn't help, but can you admit that fighting can be used as a strategic tool?

carcillo jersey is awful

JVR apparently has a hip injury...he's been playing thru it.
    shea weber to flyers trade rumors floating around. that would be unbelievable. he is a beast
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    shea weber to flyers trade rumors floating around. that would be unbelievable. he is a beast

he has concussion
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

he has concussion

he's already fitting in then
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he has concussion

:lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he has concussion

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JVR has been an ok player, but defiantly is not having the break out season we all thought he would...

Read has gone cold

it's back to beign first line or bust. can't win a cup with one line scoring and medicore goaltending.

:x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,968
    81 wrote:
    JVR has been an ok player, but defiantly is not having the break out season we all thought he would...

Read has gone cold

it's back to beign first line or bust. can't win a cup with one line scoring and medicore goaltending.

Dude got hot in the playoffs. I don't expect a lot out of him as if he's Giroux #2.
    81 wrote:

Read has gone cold

Dude got hot in the playoffs. I don't expect a lot out of him as if he's Giroux #2.

G got hot in the playoffs two years ago....hence the comparison...but yeah, put me in the dissapointed camp.

i expected more. dude needs to become more physical.....beat up the defesnese, camp out in front of the net...he plays softer than what he should, in my book....and it's frustrating
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Read has gone cold

G got hot in the playoffs two years ago....hence the comparison...but yeah, put me in the dissapointed camp.

i expected more. dude needs to become more physical.....beat up the defesnese, camp out in front of the net...he plays softer than what he should, in my book....and it's frustrating

Yeah, that's what I meant. And, yes, definitely correct - incredibly soft for his size.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    playing well tonight so far against the Pens. Good to see Jagr score against his former team :) Let's hope they can keep the momentum on Jan. 2 against the Rangers
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Solid, solid, win.

Irrelevant things I'd like to see at the game on Monday - The Phanatic in Flyers gear, Phils players drunk in the stands, multiple fights in the stands.

And Bob should start in net.
    Bob has outplayed Iyla....

Flyers may regret that goalie signing...and send him to the minors some day to hide his contract.

interesting stats in the box score...

ice time was generally well balanced from top to bottom.....which i like.....but the low two guys in ice time? Harry Z with the least, and JVR was the second least...and only 13 shifts for JVR.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Bob has outplayed Iyla....

Flyers may regret that goalie signing...and send him to the minors some day to hide his contract.

interesting stats in the box score...

ice time was generally well balanced from top to bottom.....which i like.....but the low two guys in ice time? Harry Z with the least, and JVR was the second least...and only 13 shifts for JVR.

JVR is hurt dude. Hip injury

I think both of their goalies stink. Bryzgalov has been disappointing for sure
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    a video tribute for max talbot? really pittsburgh?

Jagr's salute to the fans was tremendous. as disappointing as some others have been Jagr has been so much more than i expected. what a good pickup.

and isn't it sad that we can't find anyone better than Patti LaBelle to sing the national anthem at the Winter Classic? been there done that. should be a cool game to watch though.

have a safe and happy new year everyone.
    pjhawks wrote:

Jagr's salute to the fans was tremendous. as disappointing as some others have been Jagr has been so much more than i expected. what a good pickup.

and isn't it sad that we can't find anyone better than Patti LaBelle to sing the national anthem at the Winter Classic? been there done that. should be a cool game to watch though.

HE SINGLE HANDLY WON GAME 7 OF THE CUP FOR THEM
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    edited December 2011
    pjhawks wrote:

Don't mind him. Most of us don't.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    pjhawks wrote:

Don't him. Most of us don't.

seriously. the phils just put juan samuel in their wall of fame or whatever the fuck it's called. we have no business ripping any city for honoring players. especially those that were clutch in a game 7, like neily said of talbot.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

seriously. the phils just put juan samuel in their wall of fame or whatever the fuck it's called. we have no business ripping any city for honoring players. especially those that were clutch in a game 7, like neily said of talbot.

he won the game by himself...

even federtenko...went back to tampa and got booed..... um game 7 of the cup,he scored both goals in their 2-1 victory :? :? :? :?

even federtenko...went back to tampa and got booed..... um game 7 of the cup,he scored both goals in their 2-1 victory :? :? :? :?

well, philly is the city that booed cole hamels after he singlehandedly won a title here. jayson werth too. soooo, yeah nothing surprises me with the fans here
    The Fixer wrote:

well, philly is the city that booed cole hamels after he singlehandedly won a title here. jayson werth too. soooo, yeah nothing surprises me with the fans here

never ever boo a champion!!!!!!!!!

on that note...HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL MY FLYERS FREINDS
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    The Fixer wrote:

never ever boo a champion!!!!!!!!!

on that note...HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL MY FLYERS FREINDS

it's like the phillies having a video tribute for pedro felix because he got the game winning hit. not saying the fans shouldn't cheer max talbot but a video tribute? come on. thats a stretch.

and clarkie won 2 Cups and id boo his ass in the supermarket for his treatment of lindros and don't get me started on charlie manual...so the whole don't boo a champion is a crock of shit.
    pjhawks wrote:
    it's like the phillies having a video tribute for pedro felix because he got the game winning hit. not saying the fans shouldn't cheer max talbot but a video tribute? come on. thats a stretch.

and clarkie won 2 Cups and id boo his ass in the supermarket for his treatment of lindros and don't get me started on charlie manual...so the whole don't boo a champion is a crock of shit.

eh, I think the talbot thing would be more like lidge than feliz. If I was a pens fan I would love talbot. his fight vs carcillo helped the pens win that playoff series against the flyers :shock: (that fight and carter getting stoned 28,258 times by fleury in that series were two biggest reasons the flyers lost)
    Hahahhaha, this is the fucking funniest and, at the same time, coolest thing.

Seeing all these retired Rangers players getting booed. Pretty funny to see Greschner play along.

And pretty friggin cool to see The Bank coated in orange.
    Hahahhaha, this is the fucking funniest and, at the same time, coolest thing.

Seeing all these retired Rangers players getting booed. Pretty funny to see Greschner play along.

And pretty friggin cool to see The Bank coated in orange.

I'm just excited to see mark laforest in action
    A 66 year-old man with a staunch save in net by an unbelievable howitzer of a slap shot by Duguay...
    Hahahahaha, this is so fuckin' stupid.

I turned it off already. some of the fb posts of people in attendance = hilarity.
    The Fixer wrote:

I turned it off already. some of the fb posts of people in attendance = hilarity.

Some dude posted his ticket stub. Ohhhh, you're ohhhh soooo lucky to be there.

Lindros to LeClair with Recchi layin a big hit - not gonna lie, that was cool.
    The Fixer wrote:

Some dude posted his ticket stub. Ohhhh, you're ohhhh soooo lucky to be there.

Lindros to LeClair with Recchi layin a big hit - not gonna lie, that was cool.

you're not jealous of people watching 50 year olds skate around outside??

recchi and lindros are probably my two all time favorite flyers