The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/2 ... b=facebook

becasue i know u cats respect the game i will take time out to share this
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Bad. Ass.

6a0120a6dde087970b015438b533ec970c-800wi

6a0120a6dde087970b0162fe366278970d-800wi

LOOOOOOVVEEE the HK sticker. that is fucking awesome
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Now Briere's injured.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Now Briere's injured.

hand issue...headed back to philly.

injuries are getting silly now.

i've lost count how many players have missed games due to injury

hopefully, it's not too serious
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Now Briere's injured.

hand issue...headed back to philly.

injuries are getting silly now.

i've lost count how many players have missed games due to injury

hopefully, it's not too serious

yeah, he got whacked twice vs dallas. they showed his hand during the game...didn't look good.

I just want to see sestito fight tonight.
    ready girls??
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ready girls??

I hope we get sestito v rupp. two monsters...that would be a good one. set the tone for the WC

I hate the rangers way more than the pens. Love watching these teams go at it
    The Fixer wrote:
    ready girls??

I hope we get sestito v rupp. two monsters...that would be a good one. set the tone for the WC

good chance we will see some fights

big stu bickel will oblige i'm sure
    The Fixer wrote:
    ready girls??

I'd also like to see rinaldo go after one of the punk asses dubinsky/avery (if he's in the lineup). someone needs to shut dubinsky's mouth for him. that dude talks too much
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd also like to see rinaldo go after one of the punk asses dubinsky/avery (if he's in the lineup). someone needs to shut dubinsky's mouth for him. that dude talks too much

now now ..shame dubi can't break richards ass anymore
    im sure dubi or prust will be more than happy

forget avery...we won't be seeing him anymore
    heading up now.....enjoy the game ..(well hopefully you don't enjoy that much ) :lol:
    what the hell is comcast doing? anyone else's feed keep going in and out?

glad they didn't call a penalty there...that was a good hit
  • Coming up small vs Bruins & Rangers. :x
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Coming up small vs Bruins & Rangers. :x

yeah, this one was ugly. I know the flyers have more shots, but other than the jagr semi-breakaway, it doesn't seem like lunqvist has had to make many tough saves. And the rangers hit the post at least twice. score probably should be worse at this point.

torterello is annoying. lavy should try to push him going to the locker room. then beat the stupid look off his face
    :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

good game guys....loved every minute 8-)

KNOCK KNOCK....

WHO'S THERE..

1ST PLACE.....

1ST PLACE WHO???

NEW YORK RANGERS!!!! :lol:

you guys had a rough night so i told that lame knock knock joke...enjoy christmas my friends

in all seriousness ......all the best to you and your family guys MERRY CHRISTMAS ...love neily
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The Fixer wrote:
    torterello is annoying. lavy should try to push him going to the locker room. then beat the stupid look off his face

I watched Torts play minor league hockey growing up. My Dad was part owner of a hockey team where I grew up in Utica. It was the Mohawk Valley Stars, then the Comets, and eventually sold and transfromed into the Utica Devils. Torts was tough as hell playing in a very tough league (ACHL). I'm not sure Laviolette would take him to be honest with you. :D
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I watched Torts play minor league hockey growing up. My Dad was part owner of a hockey team where I grew up in Utica. It was the Mohawk Valley Stars, then the Comets, and eventually sold and transfromed into the Utica Devils. Torts was tough as hell playing in a very tough league (ACHL). I'm not sure Laviolette would take him to be honest with you. :D

no way ..torts breaks his ass
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

no way ..torts breaks his ass

he looks like the kind of guy that would cry if you said mean words to him

even rangers fans have to admit he looks like an ass hole with those dumb faces and all the whining
    Nobody wishes me a merry Christmas back.... :evil:

You guys suck
  • Nobody wishes me a merry Christmas back.... :evil:

You guys suck

Hope you had a great Christmas. I've been busy (see the Phillies thread). ;) Hope you enjoyed the win the other night - you guys outplayed us and got a few good bounces.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Nobody wishes me a merry Christmas back.... :evil:

You guys suck

Hope you had a great Christmas. I've been busy (see the Phillies thread). ;) Hope you enjoyed the win the other night - you guys outplayed us and got a few good bounces.

:mrgreen:

it was great ..hope you enjoyed yours also...

it seems like its gonna be a dog fight till the end
    Schenn back tonight. Hopefully he can start showing signs of the player we were told he was when the trade was announced.

Also, some trade rumors are starting to pop up...I don't know anything about this guy

Still, it will be interesting to keep tabs on a few names that could be potential targets for the Flyers as they try and determine whether or not they will be buying before Feb. 27.

One name that has popped up recently is Carolina’s Tim Gleason. There likely isn’t a piece on the Hurricanes’ roster that general manager Jim Rutherford would not consider moving - and Gleason is included on that list.

Gleason, 28, is interesting for a few reasons. He has played 162 games under the watchful eye of Peter Laviolette in Carolina. He is a steady (and over the last 2 seasons, durable) defender who is not flashy but brings a lunchpail to the rink every night. And Gleason is affordable. He is playing out the last year of a 4-year, $11 million deal, which carries a pro-rated salary cap hit of $2.75 million for the rest of the season.

With Chris Pronger slated to be off the roster for the rest of the season, that would give the Flyers about $4.9 million to spend for a replacement - depending on who is on the active roster at the given time.

In Carolina, Gleason plays a solid No. 3 role behind Joni Pitkanen and Jaroslav Spacek. He plays big minutes (averages 20:31 this season) and is even on a bad Hurricanes team who has given up 28 goals more than they have scored. With the Flyers, Gleason would be the perfect No. 5.

Gleason is the type of player who may not end up being strictly a rental for a playoff run, since he is still young and would likely not require a large raise to stay for following season.

The Flyers have definitely kept an eye on Gleason. They had a scout present in Carolina on Dec. 21 for their game against the Panthers. Carolina plays in Pittsburgh tonight, preceding the Flyers into the Steel City. They could get a glimpse of him first-hand on Jan. 10 in Raleigh.

What kind of timeline are we talking about for a move? The Flyers are clearly in no rush. They are 7-2-1 over their last 10 games in what has been a hellacious month with both travel and injuries. We get the feeling that Paul Holmgren would like to analyze his team further before pulling the trigger on a move.
    Tampa annoucers are mocking the flyers for the skating in circles in the d zone :lol:

Fuckin soft goals are becoming annoying, every friggen game seems to have one
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    That game was awful. Simmonds fight was the best part. The guy couldn't skate afterward without help. G's assist was amazing. 1 stinking goal vs. who?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Bryz is lost in his humongous big forrest again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

very good goalie = yes

superstar goalie= not even close
    JK_Livin wrote:

very good goalie = yes

i'm not even sure about this....i've not been impressed yet
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

very good goalie = yes

seriously. he has been average at best.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

very good goalie = yes

seriously. he has been average at best.

i was trying to be kind :lol:

at least the flyers gave him a small contract in case it doesn't work out ..... :o:mrgreen:
    awesome. how can people want this banned??

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/108171
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    The Fixer wrote:
    awesome. how can people want this banned??

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/108171

it was a real momentum shifter :roll:

and how the heck does the tampa trainers let him back in the game after staggering off the ice like that?

my favorite part of the game was the dbag sitting in about the 5th row near the penalty box with the carcillo jersey. hundreds of miles away at a road game in a carcillo jersey - dear lord.

anyone have a JVR siting recently? and to think some on here thought he was going to score 35 goals this year.