The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    giroux out until after xmas break. probably not playing in the classic

smart, make sure he takes his time with this. games in dec/jan don't mean anything
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

smart, make sure he takes his time with this. games in dec/jan don't mean anything

they said he skated with the team today..... :D

didn't realize he had a concussion his rookie year :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they said he skated with the team today..... :D

didn't realize he had a concussion his rookie year :x

Yea, just found out about both of those things. 2nd concussion is not good.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    finally watched 24/7 last night. show makes me like laviolette even more. he's the man
    I really want to see sestito fight. He is enormous.
    The Fixer wrote:

i really want to see claude back out there....offense once again looks like crap without him
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i really want to see claude back out there....offense once again looks like crap without him

eh, no rush. these games don't mean anything. let him get healthy and make sure he's ready.

sestito is a monster. I hope he's in the lineup on friday night
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

eh, no rush. these games don't mean anything. let him get healthy and make sure he's ready.

sestito is a monster. I hope he's in the lineup on friday night

i'm not suggesting he be rushed back just for the sake of being...just that he gets back asap @ 100%
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I think giroux is gonna be out a few more weeks.

Seems like it's been a while since briere scored. Would be nice to see him tie this thing up

EDIT: jvr too. these two really need to step up with all these injuries
    The Fixer wrote:
    Seems like it's been a while since briere scored. Would be nice to see him tie this thing up

Bang.

Let's see if this works twice. It would be nice if I won the lottery :D
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    DANNY BRIERE!!!! :mrgreen: OT here we come
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I'd go jagr, simmonds, briere
    that move by jvr was disgusting. what a shot.

bryzgalov got abused
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'd go jagr, simmonds, briere

Jagr don't do shoot outs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think giroux is gonna be out a few more weeks.

EDIT: jvr too. these two really need to step up with all these injuries

Giroux skated again today...good sign that he isn't going to be out for months on end

i agree about JVR stepping up. I want to see the JVR of last years playoffs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I didn't make it to the end of the game last night, but I'm glad they fought back and got the point. I really don't give a shit that they lost the farce that is the shootout.

Hope the good news keeps coming on Giroux.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I didn't make it to the end of the game last night, but I'm glad they fought back and got the point. I really don't give a shit that they lost the farce that is the shootout.

Hope the good news keeps coming on Giroux.

I was nodding off when my kid ran in the room so I got to see the end and OT. Colorado is a fast team. JVR's shootout goal was nice and Read beat the goalie but it hit the post.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Looks like Claude Giroux is back today. i don't know if i agree with this as i would let him come back in the new year but if he is ready than that great news
    fife wrote:
    Looks like Claude Giroux is back today. i don't know if i agree with this as i would let him come back in the new year but if he is ready than that great news

if he is healthy and 100% recovered....i'm all for him being back out there....i just hope he is 100%
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

if he is healthy and 100% recovered....i'm all for him being back out there....i just hope he is 100%

I'm sure we can trust the judgment of the team... :?

81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

I'm sure we can trust the judgment of the team... :?

bobby isn't in charge, so that's a positive
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

I agree 100%. If a guy is medically cleared and feels fine, then there is no reason to keep him from playing.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    G money!!!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    fife wrote:

yeah, I think this is dumb. they just lost their best player for the year with a concussion. why rush the 2nd best player back? especially with the xmas break coming up.

I completely disagree with him being in the lineup tonight.
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

yeah, I think this is dumb. they just lost their best player for the year with a concussion. why rush the 2nd best player back? especially with the xmas break coming up.

Why?? What will keeping him in the press box for 6 more days accomplish??
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

pretty sure there is less chance of him taking a head shot in the press box than there is if he's on the ice.
    The Fixer wrote:
    chromiam wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

pretty sure there is less chance of him taking a head shot in the press box than there is if he's on the ice.

I don't know about that. A poor previously concussed player could take any little bump to the head and due to their frail nature be concussed again.

I mean why even have doctors whose job it is to clear these players to return to work. Crosby "rested" over 10 months and now look at him.... where's the cutoff?

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

I don't know about that. A poor previously concussed player could take any little bump to the head and due to their frail nature be concussed again.

I mean why even have doctors whose job it is to clear these players to return to work. Crosby "rested" over 10 months and now look at him.... where's the cutoff?

I hear you man. Even these docs have no idea how to deal with these head injuries. I'd sit him until the end of january, but that's just me. Why risk him being out there at all?? These games don't mean a damn thing in dec/jan.

Anyway, doesn't matter what I think. He's playing so I guess we just hope for the best.

Really hope I get to see Sesito fight tonight. I'd love to see him and Ott go at it.
    The Fixer wrote:
    chromiam wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I hear you man. Even these docs have no idea how to deal with these head injuries. I'd sit him until the end of january, but that's just me. Why risk him being out there at all?? These games don't mean a damn thing in dec/jan.

Anyway, doesn't matter what I think. He's playing so I guess we just hope for the best.

Really hope I get to see Sesito fight tonight. I'd love to see him and Ott go at it.

It would be nice to see Sesito drop the gloves. And I gotta say one of the bright spots from the Avs game was the Phantoms line clicking nicely.

Admin

If he's cleared to play then play him. Any day he comes back could be his last. Get busy living or get busy dying. There are different types of concussions and everyone reacts differently. How can you put a time table on that? Giroux has balls unlike Crosby so he should be ok. Just kidding about Sid. I'd rather see him playing.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer