The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• CSNPhilly.com is reporting #flyer GM Paul Holmgren hospitalized after serious bike accident

Broken ribs, broken shoulders, and other injuries requiring stitches. :o OUCH. Hope that's not me anytime soon.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    CSNPhilly.com is reporting #flyer GM Paul Holmgren hospitalized after serious bike accident

Broken ribs, broken shoulders, and other injuries requiring stitches. :o OUCH. Hope that's not me anytime soon.

:shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    tough story on holmgren.

just curious

whats the general concencus in Phillytown concerning the Jagr aquisition ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    tough story on holmgren.

just curious

whats the general concencus in Phillytown concerning the Jagr aquisition ?

only one year. low risk, high reward. much, much, much better than caving into leino's ridiculous demands...buffalo is gonna regret giving him that deal

can't believe training camp is less than 2 weeks away
  • My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Moment of Silence before the Rookie game tonight for Brad

Camp opens Tomorrow !

:o
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

• 24/7 at our rink past 2 days 8-)

thats gonna be sick
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • When does that air ? I wanna get HBO for that

probably end novemberish....last year it was that time leading up to the winter classic

it's def. going down though

p.s....if u don't get hbo for these 2 months YOU ARE FUCKIN CRAZY :mrgreen:

2 TEAMS I HATE LAST YEAR and it was unbelievable....really great look at life behind the scenes
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

probably end novemberish....last year it was that time leading up to the winter classic

2 TEAMS I HATE LAST YEAR and it was unbelievable....really great look at life behind the scenes

I'm definitely getting HBO no doubt

Just seeing when I should call Crap-Cast to get it

I agree..2 teams I can't stand but it was great

I'm definitely getting HBO no doubt

Just seeing when I should call Crap-Cast to get it

I agree..2 teams I can't stand but it was great

dates haven't been anounced but it has to be that time frame

probably gonna need november dec and jan
  • Jay, you gonna come down for the Winter Classic? It's going to be facking sweet.
    bump for the opening of training camp tommorrow. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

81...I'm confused. Bears fan and Flyers fan? How does that work?
    81 wrote:

81...I'm confused. Bears fan and Flyers fan? How does that work?

:lol:

i get asked this alot....i'm a fraud....

but seriously...

grew up in NW ohio. We had both the Fort Wayne and Toledo tv networks. Toledo carries the browns and lions, fort wayne had the bears and colts. getting into sports in the late 80's which team would you have gravitated towards? :lol:

while we had great NFL coverage, there was zero NHL coverage. but you see the highlights on espn and a few national games. at the time Hextall was playing goal for the Flyers. he was bad ass. rookie of the year, had a solid career going, he scored goals...and he was willing to fight. it was an easy choice.

now on to the NBA and the Bulls. back then, all the games were on WGN and at the same time, we didn't get detroit, cleveland or pacers games.

you would have thought WGN would have made me a cubs fan as well, since i did watch a bunch of cubs games as a kid during the summer. It didn't. I jumped on the Pirates. they were in the middle of their run with bonds and all those guys. so i guess you can call me a front runner. :lol: that little short term success cost in the long run. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jay, you gonna come down for the Winter Classic? It's going to be facking sweet.

yea we are coming 10 strong 8-) ..baseball bats and all ;):lol:
  • 81 wrote:
    i get asked this alot....i'm a fraud....

but seriously...

grew up in NW ohio. We had both the Fort Wayne and Toledo tv networks. Toledo carries the browns and lions, fort wayne had the bears and colts. getting into sports in the late 80's which team would you have gravitated towards? :lol:

while we had great NFL coverage, there was zero NHL coverage. but you see the highlights on espn and a few national games. at the time Hextall was playing goal for the Flyers. he was bad ass. rookie of the year, had a solid career going, he scored goals...and he was willing to fight. it was an easy choice.

now on to the NBA and the Bulls. back then, all the games were on WGN and at the same time, we didn't get detroit, cleveland or pacers games.

you would have thought WGN would have made me a cubs fan as well, since i did watch a bunch of cubs games as a kid during the summer. It didn't. I jumped on the Pirates. they were in the middle of their run with bonds and all those guys. so i guess you can call me a front runner. :lol: that little short term success cost in the long run. :lol:

Good call going w/ the Bears in the late 80s.

At least you're not a Cubs fan.
    Love me some pre season hockey. :?

I need a program
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Shut out? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Shut out!!!!!!

Wooooooooo :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    Shut out!!!!!!

i know eh? all last season not one. this year one in the first game. of course it was against the leafs. flyers look good last night. apartment they are 11-1 favorites to win the cup. not bad odds
  • 81 wrote:
    Shut out!!!!!!

HAHA. That's 'cause we got "the Breeze."
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • What did Shelley do ? i didnt see the game

i'm hearing a suspension is coming

• i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

• Eh.... I got nothin'...
    What did Shelley do ? i didnt see the game

i'm hearing a suspension is coming
    Crunched a doudes face into the end boards
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

at least he has a good attitude about it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg