The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    why does atlanta even have a hockey team?
    www.myspace.com
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    I read something in the paper today that the Flyers have some in house fighting at the moment involving Pronger and Giroux, any truth to this?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I read something in the paper today that the Flyers have some in house fighting at the moment involving Pronger and Giroux, any truth to this?

yeah, pronger called out giroux after the edmonton game last week because giroux kept turning the puck over. they had a screaming match in the locker room.

Jeags, atlanta shouldn't have any sports teams. That is probably the worst sports city in America.

The flyers need to get thier shit in gear. Saturday's 3rd period was pathetic.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    The Fixer wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

yeah, pronger called out giroux after the edmonton game last week because giroux kept turning the puck over. they had a screaming match in the locker room.

Jeags, atlanta shouldn't have any sports teams. That is probably the worst sports city in America.

maybe claude should have asked prongs when he was getting his ass back in the lineup. i find it a bit odd that prongs would pick on probably the best all around player. maybe he should focus on the miserable sob of a captain. i love pronger but not sure giroux is the right player to be going after. and once again our goalies suck. gotta be Boucher in the playoffs i think. i just don't trust Bob. too many bad goals. i think laviolette will get them straightened out before the playoffs but doubt starting to creep in a bit for sure.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

maybe claude should have asked prongs when he was getting his ass back in the lineup. i find it a bit odd that prongs would pick on probably the best all around player. maybe he should focus on the miserable sob of a captain. i love pronger but not sure giroux is the right player to be going after. and once again our goalies suck. gotta be Boucher in the playoffs i think. i just don't trust Bob. too many bad goals. i think laviolette will get them straightened out before the playoffs but doubt starting to creep in a bit for sure.

pronger is hurt. rushing him back for meaningless march games would be pretty dumb

I love giroux, but he does get careless in his own zone/neutral zone. he makes some sick passes, but he also makes some really stupid ones too

Is briere still on the team?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    The Fixer wrote:
    pronger is hurt. rushing him back for meaningless march games would be pretty dumb

I love giroux, but he does get careless in his own zone/neutral zone. he makes some sick passes, but he also makes some really stupid ones too

agree rushing back pronger back would be dumb but if i was guy in the lineup playing and someone not playing called me out i'd be a little pissed. i'd have to tell him to shut his trap until he gets back on the ice, but that's just me.

yes briere has totally disappeared which he has been known to do at times. remember last year he wasn't really good until the playoffs. i wonder if the long season last year is starting to catch up with their legs a little bit or is it just a case of being bored for lack of a better term. they know they are going to be in the playoffs and these games are usually bigger for these other teams.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

agree rushing back pronger back would be dumb but if i was guy in the lineup playing and someone not playing called me out i'd be a little pissed. i'd have to tell him to shut his trap until he gets back on the ice, but that's just me.

yes briere has totally disappeared which he has been known to do at times. remember last year he wasn't really good until the playoffs. i wonder if the long season last year is starting to catch up with their legs a little bit or is it just a case of being bored for lack of a better term. they know they are going to be in the playoffs and these games are usually bigger for these other teams.

I think pronger is a smart MF'er. I think doing something like getting in giroux's face...in the locker room so others could hear...was a calculated move on his part. He's been around the block a few times...I don't think he would just pop off on someone just to be a dick. I'm sure he has his reasons for going after giroux. Remember last year during the finals when he was a media whore? that took a lot of pressure off of the team. The guy knows what he's doing. I'd guess that giroux was in the wrong...or pronger was just trying to light a fire under someone's ass.

I've never been a big briere fan. He takes more penalties in the offensive zone than any player in NHL history. He was ridiculous in the playoffs last year though.

Hopefully this slump is mental like you said. They're still relatively healthy, so that's a possibility.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Pronger out 3-4 weeks..hand surgery

Gustafsson called up
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Gustafsson called up

surgery isn't until thursday....do it today damn it.

back just in time for hte playoffs if all goes well.

maybe the pain is why he was cranky with claude
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Gustafsson called up

I think the next talk has to be with Versteeg

That dude is a turnover machine lately in the defensive zone

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:

Gustafsson called up

I think the next talk has to be with Versteeg

That dude is a turnover machine lately in the defensive zone

Versteeg just needs some time to remember that he is not playing with the leafs and i think he will be ok.
    they gotta change that stupid high sticking rule. so dumb
    played better....at times
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Jeff Carter!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    can't say the win was great as we should be beating teams like the panthers but a win is a win. atleast we stayed 1 point over the Caps.
    fife wrote:
    can't say the win was great as we should be beating teams like the panthers but a win is a win. atleast we stayed 1 point over the Caps.
    I know... have you ever seen a team look so bad over a 3-0-1 stretch?

shit, briere is still on the team. nice
    The Fixer wrote:

Gotta beat this team

No excuses

The Fixer wrote:

Gotta beat this team

No excuses

big PP to start the 3rd. awful call, leino took a dive
    Painful to watch the flyers right now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Indeed

81 wrote:

Indeed

so sloppy...careless turnovers, dumb penalties, hartnell missing open nets

mezaros just got hit with a missle. ouch
    Huge. Hopefully he gets back on a roll.

Now richards needs to bury the game winner and get his ass going
    Little Danny

1 point anyway

:roll:

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    It just looks like this team is just trying to finish out the season playing at as a low minimum amount of effort as possible while still trying to win a game.
    It just looks like this team is just trying to finish out the season playing at as a low minimum amount of effort as possible while still trying to win a game.

I agree..they seem like they dont care about the reg season anymore

They have had a playoff spot locked up for awhile in their minds...just playing out the string

Problem is if they drop from outta 1st theyre 4th in the conference..just holding on to home ice barely

They have had a playoff spot locked up for awhile in their minds...just playing out the string

Problem is if they drop from outta 1st theyre 4th in the conference..just holding on to home ice barely

I agree that this team looks bored. I don't think home ice matters much (last year proved that).

The pens are still 4 points back and the flyers have a game in hand. Gonna be tough for those queers to catch up. I'm more worried about the way they're playing than the seed they end up with. They need to build some momentum going into april. Still time for that...just stay healthy
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979

Yeah, I know. What do they have, two in the hole compared to DC?

And not exactly an easy go of it the rest of the way. Gotta come up big in those games against the Caps and Pitt. Gotta go 2-1 in those at least.

Yeah, I know. What do they have, two in the hole compared to DC?

And not exactly an easy go of it the rest of the way. Gotta come up big in those games against the Caps and Pitt. Gotta go 2-1 in those at least.

Yeah, two in hand on the craps. The fans down here are such tools. Like they want to be relevant. The caps ads on the radio are hysterical. come out and see the best team in the NHL. really? when did that happen?

EDIT: the two games vs pitt are gonna be huge. especially if the Crier is back. Like I said two months ago...I want no part of the pens in the playoffs