Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    well shit yea girl! if you can do it w/ only 6wks left ~ i can definitely do it in June!! I dont know about standing for 3 hrs...good luck w/ that...but i'd be in an Arena w/ seats...so i could sit & just jam...:cool:

You'll probaby be fine to go to a show in June, but just to give you another perspective: I'm 29 weeks and 5 days, and thanking my lucky stars that I didn't buy pj tickets for the May 16th/17th shows, since I'm now on modified bed rest! :(
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    You'll probaby be fine to go to a show in June, but just to give you another perspective: I'm 29 weeks and 5 days, and thanking my lucky stars that I didn't buy pj tickets for the May 16th/17th shows, since I'm now on modified bed rest! :(

You could get wheeled in on a guerney! :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    You could get wheeled in on a guerney! :D

lol :D That reminds me of what my husband said when Conan O'Brien announced that they were bringing the show to Chicago for a few days in May. He said "bed rest or no bed rest, we're going! I'll carry you in on a mattress!" :D

And then I actually got put on bed rest and he realized that might not be realistic. ;)
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I have a question....when you get reallllly pregnant and your belly is starting to get HUGE, you wouldn't be able to wax your own bikini line would you?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options

Why is it necessary to go on bed rest? What does that mean? How long can you stay out of bed each day?
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Why is it necessary to go on bed rest? What does that mean? How long can you stay out of bed each day?

I have high blood pressure, and they usually treat that with rest when you are pregnant. They can treat it with drugs, if it's really high, but mine is not *that* high.

I'm technically on "modified" bed rest, meaning I just can't do anything but lay around or sit around and relax. (It sounds easier than it is, trust me. ;)) Sometimes women have to go on full bed rest, and they can't even get out of bed to shower or get meals, but that's not the case for me. It's just really important that I take it extremely easy to keep my blood pressure down.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I have a question....when you get reallllly pregnant and your belly is starting to get HUGE, you wouldn't be able to wax your own bikini line would you?

lol, no. and actually you probably wouldn't want to wax at that time... when you are pregnant, the blood flow to that area is increased and, supposedly, it's a hell of a lot more painful.
  • Options
    lol, no. and actually you probably wouldn't want to wax at that time... when you are pregnant, the blood flow to that area is increased and, supposedly, it's a hell of a lot more painful.

I know that sounds like a weird question but if I'm going in for a **don't shoot me** caesarean, I'm going to want to be appropriately groomed down there....now I'm wondering how I'm going to manage it since I do it myself and have never gone to someone to get it done.

I might have to get my boyfriend Leigh in some training! So many things to think about when one considers having children in the next 18 months to 2 years! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm feeling great. Getting tired. Camille (my wife) was much better today than yesterday. Off the epidural, and out of bed. She was in bed all day yesterday, with the epidural hooked up. The whole thing was relatively smooth. It took about 45 minutes beginning to end. After everything was done, it took about an hour for Jack to be warmed up enough to be released to us. It took Camille a little longer. We had him all day yesterday, and today. He is unbelievably well tempered. Very rarely cries, and when he does, all I have to do is talk to him, and he stops. Today he was awake quite a bit, and had his eyes wide open. Started to eat well today too. yesterday he just ate 1/2 ounce or so every 4 hours. Today he ate a full 2 ounce bottle, and then 1 1/2 ounces a few hours later. He's like clockwork with the diapers. 15 - 20 minutes after he starts eating, he starts pooping. Beware, the first several diapers are very, well, odd. Thick, black, nasty. There will be a few new pics up on the website tonight.

CONGRATULATIONS....I'm looking at your website now! He's beautiful!

So your wife had a caesarean? What was it like? How is she? Was she in a lot of pain when she got out of bed and started moving?

Sorry for all the questions -- I just want to have a caesarean myself!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    good luck to everyone!!!
  • Options
    Cuntified CCuntified C Posts: 114
    I haven't read everything up here, but I have to say it makes me broody hearing all this baby talk! But what I want to know, is for the fathers on this board, what is it like to actually see your wife/girlfriend give birth to YOUR child? To see it's head popping out and taking it's first gulp of air. Do you insist on being with your partner when she is about to give birth?
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    I have high blood pressure, and they usually treat that with rest when you are pregnant. They can treat it with drugs, if it's really high, but mine is not *that* high.

I'm technically on "modified" bed rest, meaning I just can't do anything but lay around or sit around and relax. (It sounds easier than it is, trust me. ;)) Sometimes women have to go on full bed rest, and they can't even get out of bed to shower or get meals, but that's not the case for me. It's just really important that I take it extremely easy to keep my blood pressure down.
    I was on *full* bed rest on an Intensive Care Unit for two months..talk about being in LOCK down!!
    Take it slow ladies!! ;)
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    well~ i decided that i am just going to risk it & buy the tickets & hope that I will be good to go on June 24th ~ i really think i'll be ok...i HOPE anyway. I'm excited!!! :D:D I bet the baby will be kicking all over during the show from the loud music!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    I was on *full* bed rest on an Intensive Care Unit for two months..talk about being in LOCK down!!
    Take it slow ladies!! ;)

That is hardcore! I don't know how you ladies do it.
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    well~ i decided that i am just going to risk it & buy the tickets & hope that I will be good to go on June 24th ~ i really think i'll be ok...i HOPE anyway. I'm excited!!! :D:D I bet the baby will be kicking all over during the show from the loud music!

:D That's the cutest thing, when the baby is "dancing" to music you're listening to! My baby had a great reaction to the new Morrissey record last night. I told my husband, who looooves Morrissey, that meant she's "daddy's girl" and he grinned so hard I thought his face was going to break! :D
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    My friend is due the second week in May...she's planning on attending Boston with me, May 24 and 25...she thinks she'll be fine:eek:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    My friend is due the second week in May...she's planning on attending Boston with me, May 24 and 25...she thinks she'll be fine:eek:

I would be going too if they were somewhere close.
    Im going to a concert the first week in May and
    hubby said I better just hold it in till then. :D

Deftones was awsome last night and baby was a rockin!
    But even when we go to Oilers games baby get all wiggly.
  • Options
    I went for my weekly testing this morning, and all was well...and something really cool happened. We were able to see on the ultrasound that the baby has hair!! :D It was so cute... I've been calling everyone I know so I thought I'd share that on here, too. ;)
  • Options
    I went for my weekly testing this morning, and all was well...and something really cool happened. We were able to see on the ultrasound that the baby has hair!! :D It was so cute... I've been calling everyone I know so I thought I'd share that on here, too. ;)

thats great! :) Congrats on a healthy, hairy baby! ;) i had a head FULL of thick dark hair when i was born...and i still do :) i looked like a baby monkey!

and aren't we supossed to be posting this at babycenter.com b/c some people are sick of reading it......;)

i mean ~ is it really that hard to NOT click on a thread?!?! haahah..some people amaze me...
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options

Aww hair!
    I wonder what color it will be.
    Do both of you have dark or light hair?

I already know my kid will have light hair when its little and it will darken.
    I was bleach blonde when little. And so was hubby. Now I have dirty blonde
    and hubby is brown haired. I just want to see if it has my blue eyes or his
    brown eyes.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Aww hair!

brown eyes.

i was the same & i have dark brown hair, my boyfriend Chris was the same too..he was BLOND as a little boy & now his hair is dark. We both have big brown eyes too...so i can pretty much guess the coloring of our child. :) but i cant wait to see!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    thats great! :) Congrats on a healthy, hairy baby! ;) i had a head FULL of thick dark hair when i was born...and i still do :) i looked like a baby monkey!

and aren't we supossed to be posting this at babycenter.com b/c some people are sick of reading it......;)

i mean ~ is it really that hard to NOT click on a thread?!?! haahah..some people amaze me...

Hey this is a pretty harmless thread.
    If they dont want to read it nobody is forcing them.
    There are some threads Ive come accross in the past that
    are related to things Im not interested in ie: sports.
    I just skip over them. Everyone is happy.
  • Options
    I've been imagining that she'll pop out with a head full of dark hair because both my husband and I have dark hair. (Well, his is much darker brown, while mine is dark with a lot of natural blonde highlights.) I was totally bald when I was born but he was a little hairy guy, so it looks like she's taking after daddy. :)

It's just so cool to get a glimpse of something like that, because it helps me form a more "real" picture of her! I'm getting so anxious, I don't know if I'll make it 10 more weeks!!

The other cool thing is that, at least during the ultrasound, she was in a head-down position! (During my previous ultrasounds she was always transverse.) I know she has plenty of time and room to move before delivery, but it gave me a little more hope that, if we should have to deliver early, a vaginal birth can still happen! :D

My appologies to Duffy, who will both likely be offended by and will likely still read this post. ;)
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Hey this is a pretty harmless thread.
    If they dont want to read it nobody is forcing them.
    There are some threads Ive come accross in the past that
    are related to things Im not interested in ie: sports.
    I just skip over them. Everyone is happy.

i totally agree w/ you...its just annoying to read people bitching about our happiness!
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    My appologies to Duffy, who will both likely be offended by and will likely still read this post. ;)

Is this because someone doesnt want to know what you are having? :D
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Aww hair!

brown eyes.

I'm all portuguese, (dark hair & olive skin)
    Hubby is Finnish, (blonde & blue eyes)

All three of my children are blonde & blue eyes...I look like the babysitter when I out with the kids!!
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    I'm all portuguese, (dark hair & olive skin)
    Hubby is Finnish, (blonde & blue eyes)

All three of my children are blonde & blue eyes...I look like the babysitter when I out with the kids!!

:O
    Are you supposed to be sleeping with your boss??? ;)
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    :O
    Are you supposed to be sleeping with your boss??? ;)
    ha ha...trust me I would've loved to have a mini imspinnin!!!:)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    CONGRATULATIONS....I'm looking at your website now! He's beautiful!

So your wife had a caesarean? What was it like? How is she? Was she in a lot of pain when she got out of bed and started moving?

Sorry for all the questions -- I just want to have a caesarean myself!

The ceasarian was ok. I think the toughest part was that the room was very cold, and just knowing that youre being cut open and a baby is being removed from you. She's doing good now. Still moving slow, but each day is an improvement. The pain wasn't too bad, but only because of the meds. You could definately tell when sh was due for a painkiller.. They took the epidural out the next day, and that is when she gout of bed. with a section, you don't have a choice.

Jack is with me, and he says: nmn b
  • Options
    The ceasarian was ok. I think the toughest part was that the room was very cold, and just knowing that youre being cut open and a baby is being removed from you. She's doing good now. Still moving slow, but each day is an improvement. The pain wasn't too bad, but only because of the meds. You could definately tell when sh was due for a painkiller.. They took the epidural out the next day, and that is when she gout of bed. with a section, you don't have a choice.

Jack is with me, and he says: nmn b

Glad to hear everything is still going well.
    What is the pain medication?