O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    percocet in the hospital, darvocet at home. And Motrin
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Is the Motrin for inflamation?
    Percocet eh?
    I wonder why they choose that instead of another upper/painkiller.

Thanks for the info.

How long are you off work for?
    I assume you took some time off to help at home.
    Hubby is planning on taking the first two weeks
    after I deliver. I hope things go well enough that
    he can even go into work a bit and we can save
    some holiday days in case I need him another time.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    the motrin, yes I believe it's for inflammation. I am disabled, so I'll be home with Jack. Long story short, I got hurt at work a few years ago, which led to major neck surgery, left shoulder surgery (which is next Monday, good timing,huh?) and a bad back. You'll definately need him home in the beginning. Right now, I'm staying up late and handling the 1:30 to 3:00 AM feeding, and she gets up with him at 5:30 to 7:00 to do the morning feeding. This allows each to get at least 6 solid hours of sleep. That is until next Monday, when I go into a sling for a month or 2
  • Options
    Oh wow that sucks.
    Who will take care of you both?
  • Options
    we're hoping Jack will soon
  • Options
    we're hoping Jack will soon

does he do tricks?
    hehehe
    Im picturing a tiny baby juggling...
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    just saying hello to my fellow soon-to-be-mommys out there!! :D

hope y'all had a good weekend.
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    just saying hello to my fellow soon-to-be-mommys out there!! :D

hope y'all had a good weekend.

I had an appointment on friday and my midwife said the baby is "fully engaged" :D
    Did some more house renos and painted some baseboards. Fun times! Alls well though. How bout the rest of you?
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I had an appointment on friday and my midwife said the baby is "fully engaged" :D
    Did some more house renos and painted some baseboards. Fun times! Alls well though. How bout the rest of you?

All is well here ~ my next appointment is May 1st. Then i've got to get that glucose blood sugar test thingy done....ugh!!! :( i'm REALLY bad w/ getting my blood drawn & they have to do it twice! Its not till May 1st ~ but i'm already dreading it!!!
    I had a good weekend ~ spring is on the way here..so it was a beautiful weekend..i went for a walk both Saturday & Sunday...i went on a major cleaning spree on Sunday & did some grocery shopping...fun fun ;) now i'm off to lunch ~ a cheeseburger is soundin pretttty yummy right about now! :D
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    I am about 11 and a half weeks and I have not yet thrown up once. I don't know anyone who hasn't thrown up with morning sickness while pregnant, some even for a majority of the pregnancy. I've actually felt not too bad for the most part, sometimes a little quesy but even that is beginning to fade, do you think the worst of the morning sickness is still to come, or am I one of the lucky ones? My nana tells me that she never had morning sickness at all and that she felt great when pregnant, but she has a bit of dementia so I'm not sure how well she remembers it. Mum said that she had it a bit but not too bad, and my sister has had it pretty bad (they all had three kids each). I feel very lucky and say that I have willed the mornings sickness off because I really really can't handle throwing up :)

I have my first ultra sound on tuesday 18th. very exciting.

Also how big did your belly get when you were around 11 weeks? Last week my belly was just poking out a little more than normal down the bottom, this week it looks like it is starting to poke out from about my ribcage (just a little). My other half is in a bit of shock over it, he thinks I must be pushing it out and keeps saying how huge my belly is (it's only "huge" compared to normal, for anyone looking at me they probably just think I'm a bit fatter than I am, not pregnant). I think it scares him a little because it makes it all the more real and this is just the start, it really will be huge soon.
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    If you haven't had bad morning sickness by now, you're probably in the clear! :) I had mild symptoms from about week 8 until about week 11. I remember reading that it starts to ease up for most women around week 13 or 14. On this pregnancy board I read sometimes, there are a few women who have had it the entire time... (They, like me, are due in June.) Can you imagine?? I hate throwing up, so I was really relieved that I only had very mild symptoms. I lived in fear was throwing up on the train on the way to work! :D

I have my next ultrasound on Friday. I can't wait. :) It's the only thing that makes all of these extra doctor appointments tollerable!
    pacifier wrote:
    I am about 11 and a half weeks and I have not yet thrown up once. I don't know anyone who hasn't thrown up with morning sickness while pregnant, some even for a majority of the pregnancy. I've actually felt not too bad for the most part, sometimes a little quesy but even that is beginning to fade, do you think the worst of the morning sickness is still to come, or am I one of the lucky ones? My nana tells me that she never had morning sickness at all and that she felt great when pregnant, but she has a bit of dementia so I'm not sure how well she remembers it. Mum said that she had it a bit but not too bad, and my sister has had it pretty bad (they all had three kids each). I feel very lucky and say that I have willed the mornings sickness off because I really really can't handle throwing up :)

Also how big did your belly get when you were around 11 weeks? Last week my belly was just poking out a little more than normal down the bottom, this week it looks like it is starting to poke out from about my ribcage (just a little). My other half is in a bit of shock over it, he thinks I must be pushing it out and keeps saying how huge my belly is (it's only "huge" compared to normal, for anyone looking at me they probably just think I'm a bit fatter than I am, not pregnant). I think it scares him a little because it makes it all the more real and this is just the start, it really will be huge soon.
  • Options
    If you haven't had bad morning sickness by now, you're probably in the clear! :) I had mild symptoms from about week 8 until about week 11. I remember reading that it starts to ease up for most women around week 13 or 14. On this pregnancy board I read sometimes, there are a few women who have had it the entire time... (They, like me, are due in June.) Can you imagine?? I hate throwing up, so I was really relieved that I only had very mild symptoms. I lived in fear was throwing up on the train on the way to work! :D

I have my next ultrasound on Friday. I can't wait. :) It's the only thing that makes all of these extra doctor appointments tollerable!

oh...regarding the belly: I had only gained about 2 lbs at my 12 week appointment, but I remember that none of my pants fit me anymore and it felt like I had gained about 10 lbs. It was all below the belly button, though. I didn't start popping out from my ribs down until a few weeks after that. Now, at 30 weeks and 3 days, I feel like I can't possibly get any bigger...but I know I'm going to! :D
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:

I never had morning sickness at all. Nothing. Couldnt tell you what its like to save my life.
    My sister on the other hand had horrible morning sickness for both her kids. This sorta makes me happy.
    My sister hasnt been too terribly nice about my smooth sailing pregnancy.

Dont worry about weight gain. I have gained like 35lbs. Im due in 5 weeks.
    But I know lotsa people who gained like 60lbs. I remember my pants feeling
    tight early on. But the way Im carrying I can actually still fit my old jeans.
    They just dig when I sit so I have put them on the shelf. Remember though
    posture is important during pregnancy so try to suck your gut in and keep
    your shoulders straight. Start this early on and it will help when you are
    much bigger. Also go get a yoga ball if you dont already have one to sit on
    and stretch on while watching TV or even take it to work as a chair for your
    desk. It really does feel good when your hips get sore.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:

I just don't understand that attitude! I felt like everytime someone asked about morning sickness, and I told them I was doing pretty good, they were disappointed...and then they would say, well just wait until the end of your pregnancy! It's like they're not happy unless you're as miserable as they were or something! Well, I'm pretty far along and despite the fact that my blood pressure was a little high, I still feel damn good. :D
  • Options
    I just don't understand that attitude! I felt like everytime someone asked about morning sickness, and I told them I was doing pretty good, they were disappointed...and then they would say, well just wait until the end of your pregnancy! It's like they're not happy unless you're as miserable as they were or something! Well, I'm pretty far along and despite the fact that my blood pressure was a little high, I still feel damn good. :D

I know. People would ask and still do "How are you feeling?"
    To which I say " Geeze I dont know... fine!"
    They always seem to be looking for goary detailes.
    At work I put up a calendar for people to bet on what day I will "pop"
    The head vet picked a week late cause she had to be induced for both
    of hers. Geeze thanks Sue! How bout a week early instead!
  • Options

my goodness! amen sista! same here...i'm 24wks & haven't been sick once thru-out this pregnancy. i know i'm lucky & i'm very thankful for that...but like you said ~its like some people seem disapointed when i tell them this! especially all the snotty women that i work with. they all say ~ "well - just wait till the end..you'll soooo uncomfortable & you'll probably get sick then" and its just like - hello!!! i'm a female too..i thought females are supossed to stick together during this! they've all had children & its like they looove to see me miserable!! bitches! i would never tell a young mom to be this stuff! i am 22, almost 23, never had a baby before & its like it is just killing them knowing that i'm younger than they were when they had their first & that i'm having a better pregnancy than they did. i swear to God that i will NEVER be like that!

and Gen ~ i never heard that about those yoga balls ~ but i've been wanting to get one for a while now..my hips ache every morning sooo bad. especially in my job, i deliever faxes & mail first thing in the morning (at like 8:30) & it kills me w/ every step! i'm gonna have to get one! but i really dont know any "stretches" that you can do on them?....

and ladies ~ do you all have a body pillow? i dont have one yet, but i've heard they are great to sleep with....i sleep on my left side & i wake up w/ my left hip KILLING me...would a body pillow help w/ this? and how are up supossed to sleep with it?
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    lamperti77lamperti77 Posts: 365
    Wife is pregnant with our first and is due May 17th as well. We're having a boy and can't wait!
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    Yoga ball.
    Theres a thread started by Jamaniac. Its called crunching on the ball.
    Theres a link she posted for me with stuff. But I just like to sit on it and
    swivel my hips and stuff. Really helps.

Pillow
    I dont have one. I just sleep with a regular pillow between my legs.
  • Options
    lamperti77 wrote:
    Wife is pregnant with our first and is due May 17th as well. We're having a boy and can't wait!

aww! yay! congrats! thats close to my birthday...my birthday is May 11th - its a great day! ;)

do you guys have a name picked out?
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    lamperti77 wrote:

Yay mee too!!!
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Yoga ball.
    Theres a thread started by Jamaniac. Its called crunching on the ball.
    Theres a link she posted for me with stuff. But I just like to sit on it and
    swivel my hips and stuff. Really helps.

Pillow
    I dont have one. I just sleep with a regular pillow between my legs.

yea..thats what i do w/ a feather pillow that i have...and its not bad at all. its pretty comfy actually.

and that makes sense about what you said about just swiveling your hips around on that ball..im sure it does help! i might go get one this weekend....hmmmm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

• Options
    I love sleeping with a body pillow. I'm normally a stomach/back sleeper, but both of those are out for now! ;) I sleep with it next to me, and I wrap my arm around it and lean into it. That way my back is supported, my belly rests on it, and it almost feels like I'm on my stomach (if that makes any sense!) I can put my top leg over it too, which is good.
  • Options
    EddiesGurl wrote:
    yea..thats what i do w/ a feather pillow that i have...and its not bad at all. its pretty comfy actually.

and that makes sense about what you said about just swiveling your hips around on that ball..im sure it does help! i might go get one this weekend....hmmmm

They arent very expensive.
    Just make sure you get one thats big enough.
    I think even Wal Mart sells them.
  • Options
    oh...regarding the belly: I had only gained about 2 lbs at my 12 week appointment, but I remember that none of my pants fit me anymore and it felt like I had gained about 10 lbs. It was all below the belly button, though. I didn't start popping out from my ribs down until a few weeks after that. Now, at 30 weeks and 3 days, I feel like I can't possibly get any bigger...but I know I'm going to! :D

Well as of a week ago I hadn't gained any weight from my pre-pregnancy weight (maybe half a kilo, but its hard to tell on those old doctors scales, and I was wearing shoes so they wrote me down as the same weight that I weighed last time I visited which is actually one kilo less than before I was pregnant). But I think that I am a little bit bigger than most people at my stage of pregnancy (only guessing, because this is my first time I don't really know), I think either it is because I am overweight to begin with or maybe I'm a little further along than I think because for the last 6 months or so before I got pregnant my period wasn't regular like it used to be. Oh well, I will have a better idea of exactly how far I am after they do the ultrasound.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I never had morning sickness at all. Nothing. Couldnt tell you what its like to save my life.
    My sister on the other hand had horrible morning sickness for both her kids. This sorta makes me happy.

Dont worry about weight gain. I have gained like 35lbs. Im due in 5 weeks.
    But I know lotsa people who gained like 60lbs. I remember my pants feeling
    tight early on. But the way Im carrying I can actually still fit my old jeans.
    They just dig when I sit so I have put them on the shelf. Remember though
    posture is important during pregnancy so try to suck your gut in and keep
    your shoulders straight. Start this early on and it will help when you are
    much bigger. Also go get a yoga ball if you dont already have one to sit on
    and stretch on while watching TV or even take it to work as a chair for your
    desk. It really does feel good when your hips get sore.

I don't think anyone is too upset that I am not having morning sickness. Maybe my sister is secretly jealous or something, but I doubt it because she has had all her kids now so there will be no more morning sickness for her. I think they are more surprised, I know I certainly am.

With the weight gain, as I said in another post, I haven't actually gained weight yet, just size, and I've been eating like a pig so I don't know where it's all going.

My posture is something I really should watch. My posture has never been particularly good, but now I guess I should really try to get it right. I have tried sucking my belly in gently, but I can only do it for about a minute before it becomes to hard to do and just starts to poke out agian.
  • Options

The only one who has said "just wait, your not out of the clear yet" was a 'friend' who I don't like. Not really a friendship at all, pretty much she uses me for what ever she thinks she can get out of me and I helped her out for a long time until I realised what was happening and now I'm trying to back out of that "friendship" as much as possible. That's one less thing I need to deal with while I'm pregnant and studying and trying to organise a wedding from the opposite side of the country.

My sister-in-law has also said something similar, but she didn't say it in a way that made me think she was wishing it on me, she is just basing her opinion on her experince (and she has plenty of experience, she is currently pregnant with her 5th child)

High blood pressure is another thing I am trying to will off because high blood pressure for me means extra damage to my kidneys and I want to stay healthy not just to see this baby grow up but to hopefully have a few more, so I'm definately afraid of having high blood pressure. so far, so good, but I know it's early days yet.
  • Options
    I went out and bought some nursing bras yesterday.
    I wear a G 34 usually. And spend like $150 on a bra.
    Needless to say I wasnt looking forward to some expensive purchasing.
    So after going to as many stores as i could find that sold my size I
    found some. Medela (breastpump maker) brand. I bpought one in white
    one in cream and have a black one on order. And they have support.
    Only $58 each!!! Im so happy.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I went out and bought some nursing bras yesterday.
    I wear a G 34 usually. And spend like $150 on a bra.
    Needless to say I wasnt looking forward to some expensive purchasing.
    So after going to as many stores as i could find that sold my size I
    found some. Medela (breastpump maker) brand. I bpought one in white
    one in cream and have a black one on order. And they have support.
    Only $58 each!!! Im so happy.

I need to pick up some nursing bras...but unfortunately I'll have to order them online. Not the best way to "try" bras, ya know? But I'll figure it out! That's a good price for decent bras. I'll have to look around online for them.

I just had another excellent dr. visit! My blood pressure was perfect, and the doctor thinks I'll have no problem carrying to term! :) I can't wait to start my childbirth classes next week! :D
  • Options
    A good check up!!!
    Yay!!!

Yeah look at the Medela website.
    Im someone who needs support so I had a hard time
    finding one that fit well and had underwire.
    But I would at least try to go to a store that specialises
    in lingerie or bras. And get fitted properly so you know
    for sure what size to buy. You will need them to be comfy.