Options

Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    This game isn't over yet, but i'm loving it. Seeminly down and out in the bottom of the 8th, one out and down 5-2(and with little life in the players and fans) ...8 runs later it's 10-5 jays and counting. Talk about a team that can bat!

Go Jays Go!

you've got to be fucking kidding me... the tigers blew it again?
  • Options
    TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    2 games back of Boston and 11/2 back of NY.. and we know we own the Sox the last two years.

Look out AL East.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Options
    Went to the game tonight. After what seemed like a long 3 game losing streak, Doc started a different streak, i hope. It's nice to have a guy in the rotation who's almost a guaranteed win every 5 games, and a sure stopper of any losing streak. He pitched very well, the bats were alive and we got a much needed win. Now, let's start a nice lil winning streak.

Go Jays Go!

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,142
    Went to the game tonight. After what seemed like a long 3 game losing streak, Doc started a different streak, i hope. It's nice to have a guy in the rotation who's almost a guaranteed win every 5 games, and a sure stopper of any losing streak. He pitched very well, the bats were alive and we got a much needed win. Now, let's start a nice lil winning streak.

Go Jays Go!

Only saw the end of the game Doc looked in excellent form good to see him but the Jays back on the right track!!!

By the way how did Lowen look tonight for the O's???
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Lowen got rocked tonight, lots of hits

needed that win, now is the time to go on a roll, florida marlins here we come

liked the banner @ SKYDOME tonight "smells like 92"
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Only saw the end of the game Doc looked in excellent form good to see him but the Jays back on the right track!!!

By the way how did Lowen look tonight for the O's???

You know, he got hit and gave up runs, but my friend and I were commenting that he'll be a very good pitcher one day soon. He did have a stretch of 11 straight outs and besides a few lapses (wild pitch, walks) he was a solid pitcher. I think he has a chance to be a dominant lefty. There aren't alot of big hard throwing lefties in the game. Being Canadian, I wish him well.

• Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    until justin speier learns to not walk in runs, this team will not show the consistency it needs to in the AL ...

need AJ and Chacin to be out there every 5 days
  • Options
    reditalianreditalian Posts: 327
    3 in a row with a series in Florida sounds damn good to me guys. The Tigers and Jays the top two teams in AL going into the All Star break?
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    reditalian wrote:
    3 in a row with a series in Florida sounds damn good to me guys. The Tigers and Jays the top two teams in AL going into the All Star break?

yeah you'd think so, what the hell just happened
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    wrong side of the sweep, brutal

at least aj is back this week, that should give the club a big boost, cant seem to win those damn inter-league games

• Options
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    yeah you'd think so, what the hell just happened

Yeah no shit, here comes the inconsistancy again. Now they win two in a row against Atl........wierd.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    Get out your brooms.............SSWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP!!!

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    back on track w/ a win this afternoon

nice standing O for carlos delgado last night

• Options
    Jays have won five in a row now. Sit four games back of the Red Sox, tied with the Yankees and, believe it or not, would be leading 4 of the divisions in baseball; not too bad. I think they have a chance at that wildcard spot if they keep getting the pitching from Roy through Chacin and avoid long bouts on the DL. Speaking of which, let's hope Rios is back soon and Wells only misses another day or so.

8 of the last 10 and a streak to continue...

Go Jays Go!

• Options
    how's about all those all stars? Rios, Glaus, Wells, Doc and BJ? that's fucking rad not to mention Gibbions on the bench looks like the jays are getting respect around the league
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    oh yeah, yanks are going nowhere, and the sox are gonna fall off in the second half once they start playing some real competition again. Jays can do it!!!
    "Science has proof without certainty... Religion has certainty without proof"
    -Ashley Montagu
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Jays have won five in a row now. Sit four games back of the Red Sox, tied with the Yankees and, believe it or not, would be leading 4 of the divisions in baseball; not too bad. I think they have a chance at that wildcard spot if they keep getting the pitching from Roy through Chacin and avoid long bouts on the DL. Speaking of which, let's hope Rios is back soon and Wells only misses another day or so.

8 of the last 10 and a streak to continue...

Go Jays Go!

There's no way their going to make the playoffs with the wild card spot. The only way their going to make it is if they win the divison. The wild card is going to come out of the central. Detroit looks like their for real, and the ChiSox aren't going to be losing a ton of games any time soon...
  • Options
    There's no way their going to make the playoffs with the wild card spot. The only way their going to make it is if they win the divison. The wild card is going to come out of the central. Detroit looks like their for real, and the ChiSox aren't going to be losing a ton of games any time soon...

You never know, stranger things have happened in baseball. Like I said above though, the season is only half over, the jays are fully capable of picking up 5 games on the sox.

can you imagine where we'd be if A.J. hadn't gotten hurt? they could have given up on tower much sooner, and we might be 6 or 7 games better than we are and cruising...
    "Science has proof without certainty... Religion has certainty without proof"
    -Ashley Montagu
  • Options
    You never know, stranger things have happened in baseball. Like I said above though, the season is only half over, the jays are fully capable of picking up 5 games on the sox.

can you imagine where we'd be if A.J. hadn't gotten hurt? they could have given up on tower much sooner, and we might be 6 or 7 games better than we are and cruising...

true that, the huge difference between this team and prior ones is last year or any other year really if we had lost our starting right fielder we could be fucked but now we can put in one of two players who are batting at least .330 and if Reed Johnson gets enough AB during the time Rios is out he could lead the league in average. steal needs to play everyday for a while and I don't see that happening but I mean between him, Cat and Hinske these jays have the deepest bench I've ever seen since maybe 93
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    well the screwed the pooch again today but the brightside is that the Eric Hinske right field experiment has been amazing that's three retarded good diving catches he's made in the last few weeks
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    ok guys I love how this is basically turning into "Walker's blog about the Jays" anyways they sure rebounded well on sat/sun and if Rios remains hurt it looks like Reed might get enough ABs to officially be amongst the league leaders in batting average. the real question that I've been keeping my eye on is whether the team can bat .300
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    dear diary

Jays been lighting it up of late let's see if they can scorch texas again. Reed Johnson is the shit
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    2-0 lead in the 7th and looking to extend the streak to 4. Shaun Marcum did a heckuva job in his brief start. One hit ball through five was great to see. If we can continue to get wins from 4 and 5 in the rotation, the rest of the season looks good.

• Options
    ....and then the middle relief implodes. Marcum deserved a better fate.

• Options
    ....and then the middle relief implodes. Marcum deserved a better fate.

I thought this was in the bad. also your thoughts on what to do when rios gets back as he will be the everyday right fielder, should they platoon the other three(!) guys or deal someone? I think trading hillenbrand for a pitcher would be best as Hinske has too big a deal and looks like a defensive gem in right, Johnson is going to win the batting title if he gets enough ABS and the Cat is too hard an out for a lefty.
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    I'm not sure what to do when Rios gets back other than play him in right. At least they now have some extra bats to use as bait. I'm thinking Hinske has increased his value enough to see him part of a deal. If that doesn't happen, Hillebrand is the next logical bat to leave. The only problem is the apparent lack of quality pitchers available. I'm not as keen on the NL pitchers people are throwing around. If they can't perform that consistently in the NL, what makes people think they can get the tough AL hitters out. Oh well, time to see.

• Options
    the point about the NL pitchers is valid but I think using Hillenbrand who has been a .300 hitter the last two years and has shown he has solid power we could acquire a decent middle relief guy, maybe even a good 4 or 5 starter if we throw in Pat Borders or something
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    seeing the other baseball thread is up time to revive the Jays one for 07
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    pureoc wrote:
    One of your new acquisitions is a HUGE PJ fan. Lyle Overbay is a huge PJ fan. I'm a Cubs fan but have gone to many Cubs - Brewers games in Milwaukee and everytime he would come to the plate they would play PJ, usually "Leash" and "Porch".

defilite bump for this thread...saw them play a few tiems last year and everytime Overbay came up to bat, they played Evenflow, my friend and I kept looking at each otehr and singing when he came to bat..

Lets go Jays!!!
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Blue11 wrote:
    defilite bump for this thread...saw them play a few tiems last year and everytime Overbay came up to bat, they played Evenflow, my friend and I kept looking at each otehr and singing when he came to bat..

Lets go Jays!!!

Well Overbay gave a little shout out to the band today on espn.com.

He was being interviewed by Buster Olney.

(Olney) What music do you download in your I-Pod?
    (Overbay) I have a couple of I-Pods and they both have a lot of Pearl Jam. I'm a huge fan of them -- great guys from top to bottom.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13