Options

Toronto Blue Jays Thread

reditalianreditalian Posts: 327
edited October 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I believe if the players J.P. brought in play like they should we can finally compete for the east title, or least the wild card.

Any thoughts, good or bad?
There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Raider917Raider917 Posts: 73
    i hope so. 90-95 wins are good enough for me if their in the playoffs or not though.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    didnt the franchise fold when montreal did?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    didnt the franchise fold when montreal did?

HAHAHA.....I'm going to take that as a joke since you're Canadian.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    all I've got to say is..... "REDITALIAN where the heck have you been?"
    it's nice to see your name on here again.. missed ya buddy. :)
    hope you're doing great. ;)
  • Options
    Raider917 wrote:
    i hope so. 90-95 wins are good enough for me if their in the playoffs or not though.

95 wins would be great, it would also be nice to be in the hunt late in the season, I'm sick of the season being over in August.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    reditalian wrote:
    95 wins would be great, it would also be nice to be in the hunt late in the season, I'm sick of the season being over in August.
    Me too. Hopefully, this Jays' team can remain competitive right up until the end.

*crosses fingers*
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    well since i don't cheer on the raptors and the leafs are (*gasp*) starting to lose my support, i'll need a new t-dot team to root for. looks like it'll be the jays.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    One of your new acquisitions is a HUGE PJ fan. Lyle Overbay is a huge PJ fan. I'm a Cubs fan but have gone to many Cubs - Brewers games in Milwaukee and everytime he would come to the plate they would play PJ, usually "Leash" and "Porch".
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Brandon League has some nasty stuff
  • Options
    They've got a rock solid lineup this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they turn some heads.

Contenders in my book.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    i think they need one more year- for the jays, for the bosox pitching to get even older, and for the yanks to suck again.

jays should be in it mathmatically til oh, about september 20th, but i dont see them making the playoffs.

in 2007 though, look out
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    They need to get rid of their weak link in right field. (hinske) I've heard from inside scources that J.P. found someone to take his salary. should be gone before Opening day.
  • Options
    They need to get rid of their weak link in right field. (hinske) I've heard from inside scources that J.P. found someone to take his salary. should be gone before Opening day.

lol umm last I checked Hinske isn't an outfielder. He is first and third base my friend.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    lol umm last I checked Hinske isn't an outfielder. He is first and third base my friend.

Well i am forced to watch every spring training game and so far he's been trackin fly's out in right. You might want to double check before you second guess me.
  • Options

ACC's right, he plays the corners...but maybe he's been playin in the field ACC.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Well i am forced to watch every spring training game and so far he's been trackin fly's out in right. You might want to double check before you second guess me.

Dude up to the end of last season he was first and third base...so cut the attitude cause we're BOTH right in this case. JP is prob trying to find a place for him I guess. I can't see it being in the OF though...since we already have Catalanato (sp) Johnson, Vernon, and Rios lined up for the OF.
    For the record I don't give a damn what they do in Spring Training...its what happens from April to October that I care about.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    i think they need one more year- for the jays, for the bosox pitching to get even older, and for the yanks to suck again.

Suck again? You mean like they did in 1992 again?
  • Options
    Dont worry theres no attitude here. Just thought I'd throw in two cents and maybe provide some information. If you don't want it, thats fine by me.
  • Options
    hinske is now a right fielder. he was moved to the outfield this season because they have far too many corner players that are better than him. they are gonna use him and rios in right and johnson and catalanotto in left with wells in centre.
    now they have too many good outfielders to shuffle! these are the types of problems i like to see :)
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    my former boss is their new advance scout. AND he likes pearl jam, since i turned him onto them. :D
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    BritneyJam wrote:
    hinske is now a right fielder. he was moved to the outfield this season because they have far too many corner players that are better than him.
    now they have too many good outfielders to shuffle! these are the types of problems i like to see :)

Hinske may shed some weight from actually having to run. :) I would like to see him get back into the form from a couple of years back when he was the next big thing as a rookie.

It is nice to see management spend a little and not invest a lot to try and jump start life back into the team again. A good sign, indeed.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Dude up to the end of last season he was first and third base...so cut the attitude cause we're BOTH right in this case. JP is prob trying to find a place for him I guess. I can't see it being in the OF though...since we already have Catalanato (sp) Johnson, Vernon, and Rios lined up for the OF.
    For the record I don't give a damn what they do in Spring Training...its what happens from April to October that I care about.
    That was 2005. This is 2006. Like Deadman said, he's a rightfielder now. A lot of things changed in the off season. The Jays have made several acquisitions (which is the reason the Jays should make some noise this season and the reason for this thread). With these acquisitions, there is no room for Hinske in the infield. The Jays now have players who can actually play first and third. And if Hinske continues to play like he has in the past and Rios steps up, he'll be riding the bench, and won't be playing anywhere.

Sure, Spring Training doesn't matter when it comes to standings and stats (it's what they do between April to October that counts), but where the players are playing is very relevant. Unless there's an injury or something goes really bad in the infield, Hinske is in right field, my friend.
    even flow? wrote:
    Hinske may shed some weight from actually having to run. I would like to see him get back into the form from a couple of years back when he was the next big thing as a rookie.
    Man, what a one year wonder he's been. I thought the sophmore jinx only lasted one year. :)
  • Options
    Oops.

Double post.
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    One of your new acquisitions is a HUGE PJ fan. Lyle Overbay is a huge PJ fan. I'm a Cubs fan but have gone to many Cubs - Brewers games in Milwaukee and everytime he would come to the plate they would play PJ, usually "Leash" and "Porch".

I always liked Lyle but never really knew why, I finally understand..hahaha

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    That was 2005. This is 2006. Like Deadman said, he's a rightfielder now. A lot of things changed in the off season. The Jays have made several acquisitions (which is the reason the Jays should make some noise this season and the reason for this thread). With these acquisitions, there is no room for Hinske in the infield. The Jays now have players who can actually play first and third. And if Hinske continues to play like he has in the past and Rios steps up, he'll be riding the bench, and won't be playing anywhere.

Sure, Spring Training doesn't matter when it comes to standings and stats (it's what they do between April to October that counts), but where the players are playing is very relevant. Unless there's an injury or something goes really bad in the infield, Hinske is in right field, my friend.

Man, what a one year wonder he's been. I thought the sophmore jinx only lasted one year. :)

If Hinske doesn't produce at the start of the season he should be let go and forgotten about. I know he's been injuried all the time but you can only wait so long to let the young guys develope. I do like Hinske so I hope the "jinx" is over but I'm thinking it's never doing to be.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    all I've got to say is..... "REDITALIAN where the heck have you been?"
    it's nice to see your name on here again.. missed ya buddy. :)
    hope you're doing great. ;)

I'm doing great!! The Jay's look good, PJ 's touring all around me and a new album.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

How you doin?

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    reditalian wrote:

well thats not bad im a pirates fan and our season is already over
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Bump ...
    I pay attention to the Jays on days when the Flames don't play. :)

Nice to see that there's other Jays fans on here, though. I have to say, I am fairly happy so far. Winning 2 series against the Red Sox, an incredible offense that can fight back into any game ... It would be nice if Burnett stayed healthy and found his groove, but hey, the season is young.
  • Options
    Bump ...
    I pay attention to the Jays on days when the Flames don't play. :)

Nice to see that there's other Jays fans on here, though. I have to say, I am fairly happy so far. Winning 2 series against the Red Sox, an incredible offense that can fight back into any game ... It would be nice if Burnett stayed healthy and found his groove, but hey, the season is young.

Thanks for the bump, I gave up on this thread because no one seemed to care. They looked good last Chacin is 4-0 and man can they hit.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    reditalian wrote:
    Thanks for the bump, I gave up on this thread because no one seemed to care. They looked good last Chacin is 4-0 and man can they hit.

Chacin is just ... solid. He's not dominating, but you know he's going to go 6 or 7 and probably give up 2 or 3 runs. Which for the Jays offense is plenty enough room to win.

Glaus and Vernon Wells are just scary. What a pair to have in the same line-up. I am impressed by Rios so far this year, too ... I hope that continues, because I am tired of everyone talking about his unrealized potential. :)