xbox or ps3?

1235»

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Is is worth the extra $20????

As far as paying the extra 20 for the expansion pack, it is a big expansion and if you look around you might be able to get it used. If I had a choice I'd probably have gotten them altogether instead of the standalone game (I know I said I haven't played it yet).
    And you'd have to look at the xbox forums cause I seem to remember there possibly being a system screw up as a result of the new content...but I don't know for sure.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Rygar wrote:
    Despite the fact that skating while playing d is vastly improved over the 07 version.
    i agree but its still not there yet
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    i agree but its still not there yet

Agreed.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Rygar wrote:
    I have a slight interest in the PSP but know nothing about the new one (is it silver?)

The main problem with it for me (well right now money) is games. I know nothing about the game selection for it. Any recommendations?

I think the base color is silver, but I think you can get in a few different colors.
    I don't have one yet, but am really considering it.
    mca47 wrote:
    I think the base color is silver, but I think you can get in a few different colors.
    I don't have one yet, but am really considering it.

Well let me know when you have some good games, as the best use for it that I can honestly come up with at the moment is for a rearviewmirror in F1 (when the controller retains it's signal, that is) :P
  • Well bought an XBox 360 yesterday evening....took many days of humming over all options with the 360 and PS3...finally decided I want the 360 because the extras that the PS3 offers (WIFI/Blu-Ray) are not important to me and right now only gaming is.....plus I realized the only thing that wanted me to get a PS3 was the FF series....however that is IMHO a poor reason to buy the PS3.....so now hopefuly mine does not crap out....:)
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Well bought an XBox 360 yesterday evening....took many days of humming over all options with the 360 and PS3...finally decided I want the 360 because the extras that the PS3 offers (WIFI/Blu-Ray) are not important to me and right now only gaming is.....plus I realized the only thing that wanted me to get a PS3 was the FF series....however that is IMHO a poor reason to buy the PS3.....so now hopefuly mine does not crap out....:)

I was in the same spot as you but went with the PS3 and am incredibly please with it, the blu ray thing is a pretty much non factor for me, the more games for 360 was really all it had going for it, having to pay for xbox live and buy batteries or a cord to charge your controllers is weak since the PS3 has the usb cord to charge it (which is fucking brilliant) and with the whole thing about them getting way more games in the near future for the ps3 it looks like a better idea each time I think about it, plus MLB the Show is going to be sweet
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I was in the same spot as you but went with the PS3 and am incredibly please with it, the blu ray thing is a pretty much non factor for me, the more games for 360 was really all it had going for it, having to pay for xbox live and buy batteries or a cord to charge your controllers is weak since the PS3 has the usb cord to charge it (which is fucking brilliant) and with the whole thing about them getting way more games in the near future for the ps3 it looks like a better idea each time I think about it, plus MLB the Show is going to be sweet

I've been reading pre-views of '08 The Show and downloaded the trailer from PSN today. Oh man, I need this game!! The last two years were good, but this year is looking to be amazing!

I love my PS3! It has a handful of great games, and this year has a bunch of blockbuster games coming out. It is really my central entertainment "box" in my living room. Blu-ray is really nice on my 50" HDTV! Also, the functionality of the PS3 with the PSP is incredible. The Remote Play (where you can access the PS3 from any WIFI/hotspot) is great. Can play games, stream all my music and videos from my PS3 remotely. I went into work today and took my PSP...I was the only one there so who's gonna know? :D I listened to a couple of PJ shows and played a couple games off my PS3 from work! Hehehe!

The 360 is a nice system, no question...but I really dig my PS3!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    thanks for the info everyone. i think i'll go with the xbox 360 elite version.

i have to buy something separate to play hd-dvd though?

PS3: blu-ray included, internet included, online play included all for just at least $400.

XBox 360: hd-dvd player=$100, online play=$100. Total cost for what you could get for a PS3: $550.

Would you rather pay $550 or $400?

My cousin has all three major systems (PS3, XBox, Wii) and he says by far PS3 is the best. The only thing the XBox has over the PS3 is Halo, but he says Call of Duty 4 is better than it anyways.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I just bought a blu-ray player that happened to play video games!

Sweet deal, PS3 all the way!

:D

If you're a big gamer and want a bigger selection now you might consider the 360.
    PS3: blu-ray included, internet included, online play included all for just at least $400.

XBox 360: hd-dvd player=$100, online play=$100. Total cost for what you could get for a PS3: $550.

Would you rather pay $550 or $400?

My cousin has all three major systems (PS3, XBox, Wii) and he says by far PS3 is the best. The only thing the XBox has over the PS3 is Halo, but he says Call of Duty 4 is better than it anyways.
    Where do you get 100 bucks for online? You overshot by 40....

Anyway I have a PS3 and 360 and 360's game catalogue gets most of my time. I do recommend warhawk and uncharted if you have a ps3, however.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Rygar wrote:
    Where do you get 100 bucks for online? You overshot by 40....

Anyway I have a PS3 and 360 and 360's game catalogue gets most of my time. I do recommend warhawk and uncharted if you have a ps3, however.

i was thinking the same thing...and $50 a year for the quality of online is nothing.

just bought another 360...

couldn't live without it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    #freehalfpint