xbox or ps3?

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I know this is at Xbox 360 or PS3 thread, but I just read this article on the new PSP.

Turns out it is selling more then any other hardware unit in Japan...just after release. More then DS, Wii, PS3, PS2, and XBox360!
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6179738.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;story;2
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    360 failure rate is over 30%
    PS3 failure rate is under 1%

If you want more than just a game console, get a PS3
    If you only want games & you want them now, get a 360

I'm not into first person shooters so I don't own a 360
    & as you probably already know, I'm very happy w/ my PS3 ;)
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    The PS3 is like a 10 inch limp dick. Looks impressive but you're not gonna get much out of it.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    PJ Habit wrote:
    I'm not into first person shooters so I don't own a 360
    & as you probably already know, I'm very happy w/ my PS3 ;)

Contrary to popular belief, the majority of games available for the 360 are not FPS shooters.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Contrary to popular belief, the majority of games available for the 360 are not FPS shooters.

Just the ones that are talked about the most.:p
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Just the ones that are talked about the most.:p

True.
    However I'll point out that when Tiger is your 'killer title' you've got a problem.
  • Rygar wrote:
    True.
    However I'll point out that when Tiger is your 'killer title' you've got a problem.

No matter which console people go for I've got to reccomend Assassins Creed this game is looking awesome and coming to both formats for EVERYONE to enjoy not whine about which is better.:)
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    i would say heavenly sword and warhawk showcase the ps3 right now
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

Heavenly Sword is pretty awesome, really enjoying the game.
    No matter which console people go for I've got to reccomend Assassins Creed this game is looking awesome and coming to both formats for EVERYONE to enjoy not whine about which is better.:)

Agreed. The game looks quite good.
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

Warhawk looks good, I wish they'd put out a demo. I'm wary of a MP-only game...
    Heavenly Sword is good, agreed, but it's just God of War with a different story and characters. (Kind of like Mass Effect is Jade Empire with a different story and characters. No, wait, not JE...Knights of the old republic...no! Kotor2!!..you see what I'm getting at).
  • I heard Heavenly Sword is really short?
    Rygar wrote:
    Warhawk looks good, I wish they'd put out a demo. I'm wary of a MP-only game...
    Heavenly Sword is good, agreed, but it's just God of War with a different story and characters. (Kind of like Mass Effect is Jade Empire with a different story and characters. No, wait, not JE...Knights of the old republic...no! Kotor2!!..you see what I'm getting at).
    wow every review ive read (and i own the game as well)

says and i agree that its nothing like god of war
    I heard Heavenly Sword is really short?
    10 hrs is industry standard

HS clocks in at 8
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wow every review ive read (and i own the game as well)

says and i agree that its nothing like god of war

Really? I played the demo and found it to be so. Obviously the characters, weapons and moves are different, but found the gameplay, fight style, and environments to be quite GoW-like.
    Ah well.

I don't mind the game, I just don't think it is particularly special for the above reason. I'll play it and if I find it cheap I'd probably buy it, but it's not on my full price list.

Speaking of, played the demos for Jericho and NHL2K8 today and they both blow. They love Jericho on the forums though.
  • Is right to assume that NHL 08 is better than NHL2K08...????
    Is right to assume that NHL 08 is better than NHL2K08...????

Definitely.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Definitely.

How are the controls in NHL 08....the whole deking option and all that.....
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Rygar wrote:
    Definitely.

I think so too.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    How are the controls in NHL 08....the whole deking option and all that.....

I find them to be similar to 07, although I haven't figured out the ability to push the puck through someone's skates on the demo yet...
    Rygar wrote:
    I find them to be similar to 07, although I haven't figured out the ability to push the puck through someone's skates on the demo yet...
    its hard to play d/checking on nhl 08

as evidenced by every review
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    its hard to play d/checking on nhl 08

as evidenced by every review

Despite the fact that skating while playing d is vastly improved over the 07 version.
  • Question what is the difference between Oblivion (regular edition I guess) and the Oblivion Game of the Year Edition for X-Box 360? GOTYE have the expansion pack, is that it?

Sorry I would look on my own but "games" are censored here at work.
    Question what is the difference between Oblivion (regular edition I guess) and the Oblivion Game of the Year Edition for X-Box 360? GOTYE have the expansion pack, is that it?

Sorry I would look on my own but "games" are censored here at work.

Yeah it's got the expansions. Comes with two discs. First is the game, second is the expansions you load onto the HDD.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Yeah it's got the expansions. Comes with two discs. First is the game, second is the expansions you load onto the HDD.

Is is worth the extra $20????
    Is is worth the extra $20????

I dunno, I never got around to installing the expansion or finishing the game...
  • Again sorry for all the questions...what is the difference between Xbox Live Gold and Silver???

Also do these cooling shelter units that you can buy as an add-on for the Xbox really work well???
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    So, nobody had any comments on the success of the new PSP? Oh well, I think in the next month or so I'm going to pick one up. I'm going to be doing a lot more traveling for work and I think it would be great!
    Again sorry for all the questions...what is the difference between Xbox Live Gold and Silver???

Also do these cooling shelter units that you can buy as an add-on for the Xbox really work well???

Gold = play online.
    Silver = look online ;)

I don't think you can download demos and trailers with a silver membership either.

Don't put an external cooling device (that Nyco or interwhatever garbage) on your 360, as it'll just melt on there and fuck it up even more.
    Buy a real household fan, stronger the better I guess, and sit it positioned aiming at the back of the machine if you want a fan.

You're fine with a well ventilated area though. I've never put a fan on mine and it's still fine. The PS3 is right next to it and hasn't managed to murder it yet either.
    mca47 wrote:
    So, nobody had any comments on the success of the new PSP? Oh well, I think in the next month or so I'm going to pick one up. I'm going to be doing a lot more traveling for work and I think it would be great!

I have a slight interest in the PSP but know nothing about the new one (is it silver?)

The main problem with it for me (well right now money) is games. I know nothing about the game selection for it. Any recommendations?