Why do gay people think they can say whatever they want?

Comments

• Danimal wrote:
    You were at a pub right? You should have asked him if you could push in his stool.

(Sorry couldn't help myself.)
    :D he would have loved that... they were already making enough jokes about having pork for dinner :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • That's true of any people who are members of a marginalised group: black people, Asian, disabled, gay...
    I do not agree with this
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I agree with what harmless little f**k said to a certain extent. I think undoubtedly some people from marginalised groups can, and do play the card of blaming people's resentment of them on their belonging to a certain group ie, gay, black etc, when in a lot of cases the resentment is just as a result of them simply being arseholes.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu gee wrote:
    I agree with what harmless little f**k said to a certain extent. I think undoubtedly some people from marginalised groups can, and do play the card of blaming people's resentment of them on their belonging to a certain group ie, gay, black etc, when in a lot of cases the resentment is just as a result of them simply being arseholes.
    but also they may GET a lot of shit as a result of being in a marginalised group so to a certain extent it's easy to justify GIVING some shit in return and failing to see that you're just doing the same thing that hurts you so much :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Have you been watching 'Meet Karl Pilkington'? Lol
    yeah thats what i was reminded of when reading this thread, just creases me up.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    but also they may GET a lot of shit as a result of being in a marginalised group so to a certain extent it's easy to justify GIVING some shit in return and failing to see that you're just doing the same thing that hurts you so much :(

Well then maybe this addresses the issue of the thread title? We should just put up with shit from gays as they get it so hard in the first place. Perhaps i should rephrase...
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu gee wrote:
    Well then maybe this addresses the issue of the thread title? We should just put up with shit from gays as they get it so hard in the first place. Perhaps i should rephrase...
    hmm... perhaps, but then you're also participating in a vicious circle :o

Could also the reason people take less offense is because people take them less seriously? :o And perhaps think 'ah he's just looking for attention but he obviously doesn't think I'm really fat' :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    it's not something people really learn... and even if it's something you never had to 'learn' it's something you may notice.

i tend to be pretty oblivious to the world around me. very absent-minded.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    And it not be offensive? I was in the pub Saturday night and we were chatting to a gay couple (she kinda knows one of them) and my friend went to the toilet, came back and sat down and one of them said 'no honey, YOU look better standing up' :eek:

If he said it to me I would have thought it was open season to say whatever I want but she took it well and laughed and that was the end of it. But I've seen it so much with gay friends. They really CAN get away with saying absolutely anything and people just laugh... but actually listen too :confused: I don't get it.

what's the problem helen? lord knows i look better standing up than sitting down. now....when it comes to lying down...that my dear is a whole other kettle of fish. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i tend to be pretty oblivious to the world around me. very absent-minded.
    :confused: so you're NOT that shallow after all? :p I knew it was all an act :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • what's the problem helen? lord knows i look better standing up than sitting down. now....when it comes to lying down...that my dear is a whole other kettle of fish. :D:p
    :D well she did reply that lying down is her best :D Nah, it was just that he singled her out of the three of us. Would you not be a bit 'what the fuck?' :eek: ?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :confused: so you're NOT that shallow after all? :p I knew it was all an act :)

how does one relate to the other? i'm just aware that whatever is going on in my head or my life is undoubtedly far more interesting than whatever the assholes around me are doing at any given moment. thus, i don't notice people trying to suck in guts or whatever cos i'm probly not looking at them to begin with.
    :D well she did reply that lying down is her best :D Nah, it was just that he singled her out of the three of us. Would you not be a bit 'what the fuck?' :eek: ?

me? i'd simply tell him to fuck off and continue drinking. :D people say stupid shit sometimes, tis no big thang. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • me? i'd simply tell him to fuck off and continue drinking. :D people say stupid shit sometimes, tis no big thang. :D
    well I'm not trying to make a thread out of that ONE thing... just in general gay men can tend to say much bitchier things than everyone else and people just laugh it off. I'm just wondering why that is.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    well I'm not trying to make a thread out of that ONE thing... just in general gay men can tend to say much bitchier things than everyone else and people just laugh it off. I'm just wondering why that is.

in general guys are stupid. ;):p:D

gay or straight... it makes no difference. do you think cause they can accessorise their thought processes when it comes to chicks is somehow superior?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • in general guys are stupid. ;) ;p :D

gay or straight... it makes no difference. do you think cause they can accessorise their thought processes when it comes to chicks is somehow superior?
    :D I dunno, I have to give most straight men I know a wee bit of credit... most of them would know better than to say something like that to a girl in their company :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :D I dunno, I have to give most straight men I know a wee bit of credit... most of them would know better than to say something like that to a girl in their company :eek:

most straight guys are so cuckolded they wouldn't dare say anything for fear of being frozen out. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • most straight guys are so cuckolded they wouldn't dare say anything for fear of being frozen out. :)
    Hmm... actually yeh, I suppose gay men have no reason to be afraid of women. Straight men would be more inclined to be polite cos at some stage, if they don't want to shag you, they're going to want to shag your friend :D gay men know they're never gonna be in that situation.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Hmm... actually yeh, I suppose gay men have no reason to be afraid of women. Straight men would be more inclined to be polite cos at some stage, if they don't want to shag you, they're going to want to shag your friend :D gay men know they're never gonna be in that situation.

oh no gay guys totally want to be friends. but shagging chicks....eewwwww!!! uh uh girlfriend they dont go there. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 1. what the hell does that even mean?
    i'm glad i wasn't the only one who missed out on what it meant!

i dunno, gay or not, if someone said something catty to me i'd just throw it right back at 'em. i don't discriminate :p
  • Turn the tables on the gay men. Just say "Next time will you please call me BEFORE you start sucking cock."
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,815
    dunkman wrote:
    ... i grabbed his nuts and said "technically you dont need these..."

that is fookin hilarious!
  • The same as Blondes can get away with saying ditzy things I suppose?

Flamboyant and off the cuff is pretty much gay-speak for guys anyways.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    oh yeh, there's them people too... who like having friends from different minorities to make themselves look good... or maybe they really do like them?

well, then it would be a different story; if they actually liked them, I mean. That is their choice and then not my business........

and I know neither is the people who were just trying to look cool, but I think there is a point in life when we become too old to try to look cool, because (as for me), there is NO point in trying...............
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    im not sure what that second paragraph proves. but as to the first, isn't being able to call you close-minded bigots the same as you wanting to be able to call people faggots? the only difference is society has deemed one worse than the other and you're still living in the stone age and can't accept it.

It's fine to have a different---way different opinion than me, or others who think like me, but I personally do NOT call people faggots, not to them, not behind their backs..........nothing. I do not approve of their lifestyle but that IS the thing; it is THEIR lifestyle and it ends there with me not having it be mine if I so disagree..................and to that end, I can chose to not have people in my life that are gay. Right or wrong, that is as much my decision as is their way to live and maybe THEY chose not to be around people like ME. Just because I said that I don't want to be around them, doesn't mean I am superior to them at all. I maybe am more rare than the other people who may share my views on certain things, because I have always pointed out anytime here I have posted or anytime in my life where someone has asked me a question that I answered with a direct answer that came from my personal convictions, that I can say my truth, and then just agree to disagree without needing to be "right" or "wrong". Neither is true as in this is a black picture or this is a white poster........views are just that; views.......personal views. If I have to make someone else agree, then I must not be so secure in them to need that.

But the original question was asking why "gays" were so rude to say things that straight people would get reamed for and no one corrects them. I answered that as I did as everyone else did here as well.

My second paragraph has a lot to do with the subject because I said there is that possibilty that they are allowed that by people who just want them around to make themselves look more evolved.

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    writersu wrote:
    It's fine to have a different---way different opinion than me, or others who think like me, but I personally do NOT call people faggots, not to them, not behind their backs..........nothing. I do not approve of their lifestyle but that IS the thing; it is THEIR lifestyle and it ends there with me not having it be mine if I so disagree..................and to that end, I can chose to not have people in my life that are gay. Right or wrong, that is as much my decision as is their way to live and maybe THEY chose not to be around people like ME. Just because I said that I don't want to be around them, doesn't mean I am superior to them at all. I maybe am more rare than the other people who may share my views on certain things, because I have always pointed out anytime here I have posted or anytime in my life where someone has asked me a question that I answered with a direct answer that came from my personal convictions, that I can say my truth, and then just agree to disagree without needing to be "right" or "wrong". Neither is true as in this is a black picture or this is a white poster........views are just that; views.......personal views. If I have to make someone else agree, then I must not be so secure in them to need that.

But the original question was asking why "gays" were so rude to say things that straight people would get reamed for and no one corrects them. I answered that as I did as everyone else did here as well.

My second paragraph has a lot to do with the subject because I said there is that possibilty that they are allowed that by people who just want them around to make themselves look more evolved.

or maybe they just like the people and enjoy spending time with them and don't feel compelled to shut a good friend out of their lives just becos they're gay? what, pray tell, would you do if your child told you he was gay? no longer associate with them? just curious.

you are finally wising up!
    or maybe they just like the people and enjoy spending time with them and don't feel compelled to shut a good friend out of their lives just becos they're gay? what, pray tell, would you do if your child told you he was gay? no longer associate with them? just curious.

And, in my fault of prejudice of arrogant people I guess I have a hard time weeding those people out from the others because it is hard for me to see if some of them are sincere. I am (or try to be and hope I am) polite but yet not phony and I do not trust people who treat everyone with that, "oh, my God! You are so awesome!" attitude. That said, I do talk to all kinds of people as if I know them, in a friendly manner, but to stroke someone's feathers just to make yourself part of the show and to hell with making them feel better, then that misses the point. Do you know the point I am trying to make? Do you know those kinds of people who do that, like shmooze others? That is what I mean. And thanks for reminding me that there are times I need to look deeper at people before I make assessments on their intentions regardless of their stature of wealth. Unfortuneately, I have not seen nor known too many people who were wealthy and kind.

As for your question of my kids, well that is really a hard one.

Right now, I can say, well, of course I would NOT approve, and I would let them know I didn't, and all that would follow with that conviction, like their "partner" not being included in family things, whatever. But that is coming from THIS place I stand, the one that is answering a hypothetical question. If that were my reality, I can't say what my thoughts would be because my children are in my soul too deeply to say they would be cut off, you know?

Just like my views on the war, which I know is not a popular one, my views will always change when they apply directly to me. Like in the latter case, I can say this war is needed. But change it up and put one of MY boys there, and I am sure that my stance would need to change in order to accomodate the emotional pull of it.

I have had enough go on in my life to know there are no absolutes that I can stand on forever, just for now. And I do always admit that.

writersu wrote:
    And, in my fault of prejudice of arrogant people I guess I have a hard time weeding those people out from the others because it is hard for me to see if some of them are sincere. I am (or try to be and hope I am) polite but yet not phony and I do not trust people who treat everyone with that, "oh, my God! You are so awesome!" attitude. That said, I do talk to all kinds of people as if I know them, in a friendly manner, but to stroke someone's feathers just to make yourself part of the show and to hell with making them feel better, then that misses the point. Do you know the point I am trying to make? Do you know those kinds of people who do that, like shmooze others? That is what I mean. And thanks for reminding me that there are times I need to look deeper at people before I make assessments on their intentions regardless of their stature of wealth. Unfortuneately, I have not seen nor known too many people who were wealthy and kind.

As for your question of my kids, well that is really a hard one.

Right now, I can say, well, of course I would NOT approve, and I would let them know I didn't, and all that would follow with that conviction, like their "partner" not being included in family things, whatever. But that is coming from THIS place I stand, the one that is answering a hypothetical question. If that were my reality, I can't say what my thoughts would be because my children are in my soul too deeply to say they would be cut off, you know?

Just like my views on the war, which I know is not a popular one, my views will always change when they apply directly to me. Like in the latter case, I can say this war is needed. But change it up and put one of MY boys there, and I am sure that my stance would need to change in order to accomodate the emotional pull of it.

I have had enough go on in my life to know there are no absolutes that I can stand on forever, just for now. And I do always admit that.

i'm impressed by your candor.

i think you need a certain hardness or aggressiveness to get rich, so there may be something to what you say. and i do know the people you refer to, though i think their intentions are usually good and not consciously selfish.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Helenoidium, you are quite delightful, but your views are terribly unsound.

Are all inclinations to be 'polite' just self-regarding?