Why do gay people think they can say whatever they want?

124»

Comments

• yosi wrote:
    Maybe because those people are homophobic and try and overcompensate for their homophobia by allowing gay people to get away with being insulting.

It may not be that the person who points that the comment is offensive, is homophobic. It could be they are afraid of being accused of being homophobic, and incurring a kind of reverse margalization. I lived in SF for many years, and saw this scene played out many times. Gay person makes offensive comment. Person the comment is directed at points out the comment is offensive. Gay person accuses the person who points out their own rude behavior of being a prude, homophobic, etc. Mind you, this social interaction is more general, as someone pointed out, than just being limited to the gay community. For example, when I was younger, I worked in an office where one of my co-workers thought it was funny to draw pictures on birthday cards of the birthday person having sex with animal, utensils, being gangbanged, etc. If anyone in the office pointed out that this was really inappropriate, the rest of the office would isolate that person.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • elmer wrote:
    Helenoidium, you are quite delightful, but your views are terribly unsound.

Are all inclinations to be 'polite' just self-regarding?
    no, they're not... but I've been listening to the men on this board for FAR too long! :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    i'm impressed by your candor.

i think you need a certain hardness or aggressiveness to get rich, so there may be something to what you say. and i do know the people you refer to, though i think their intentions are usually good and not consciously selfish.

Thanks; I certainly take that as a complement. I hope I always have a conscious view of my own shortcomings as well as my strengths because I don't think a person can really add anything to life or the world if they live in a way that sees themself as either too important or too insignificant.

There are probably a lot of good people out there, like you say but unfortuneately, it's the assholes in the world that stick out.

Today I thought that while (believe it or not) while I was listening to Moody radio. I like to listen to this black pastor, Tony Evans because he is a straight shooter. Anyway, after there was a talk show (and I was cleaning) so I kept it on. Well, the guy was talking to some "hollywood" movie expert discussing "faith in Hollywood", and they brought up Russell Crowe's faith. Well, they started to tell the story of him wanting to get baptized, because of his son getting baptized and they then said, "well, I don't know whether or not he has made a 'profession of faith' or has a 'personal relationship with Jesus' but that is a start." And then they were talking about some people who say that being a kind, good person, could not in any way be if there were no God. Then I got mad and said, "what the hell, what about just because as human beings it is an innate trait to help each other out?" (I believe in God and I think that still.) I got so mad and I am sure I swore and
    after I swore, I said, "it's not the non Christians that I fear, it's the Christians who make stupid statements like that".
    So that said, I know there are all kinds of people from all different places who make the rest of the people look bad, in all areas, genders, gender preferences, (yes, I said that),income brackets, professions, and political arenas, etc. We have to look beyond those people in order to see the people who are similar externally but extremely different internally so that we don't persecute a whole group.

Thanks for reminding me to see beyond the immediate discussion to see that there are deeper levels that need to be thought of always.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Unfortunately this seems to be the norm more and more. I don't get it. It seems when you are part of a minority, or at least view yourself as part of a minority, all sense of decency goes out the window.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    hmmm. now that I think about it ...
    we blondes are in the minority too :mrgreen: explains a lot ;)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    DS1119 wrote:
    Unfortunately this seems to be the norm more and more. I don't get it. It seems when you are part of a minority, or at least view yourself as part of a minority, all sense of decency goes out the window.

Trolling on page 98 again?
    DS1119 wrote:

Trolling on page 98 again?

NO!!!!! Legitimate topic.
  • pandora wrote:
    hmmm. now that I think about it ...
    we blondes are in the minority too :mrgreen: explains a lot ;)
    :thumbup: :clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the thing that pisses me off, is they think they can just go around grabbing boobs. fuck you jobu
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    DS1119 wrote:

Obviously this applies to the midget minority as well...
    Snakeduck wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

No it doesn't unfortunately. Midgets are still pissed on. BTW I'm 5'7" and a half.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    DS1119 wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

No it doesn't unfortunately. Midgets are still pissed on. BTW I'm 5'7" and a half.

Gays face a lot more intolerance than midgets. 5'7" is a midget to me, midget.
    Snakeduck wrote:

Gays face a lot more intolerance than midgets. 5'7" is a midget to me, midget.

You forgot the half.