Why do gay people think they can say whatever they want?

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:
    and this is what your thread should be called... gay people say what they want and yet the person takes the insult... and the reason is that the only insult they can quickly think of back is "hey jobbyjabber, go suck a pink one" and this is deemed unlawful... if she had shat in his face then the police would have laughed and gave her a certificate.. take the piss out of him being gay and she'd be put into Auswitch knitting socks for the policemen.

translated this meant that its ok for a gay guy to take the piss cos if she had taken the piss out of him back then he'd have played the "oh its cause i'm gay..." card
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • yosi wrote:
    I think you should just admit it Helen, you hate gays. ;)
    :D Trust me, I don't. They fascinate me. If I was in the least bit bothered by any of it, I would have no problem saying anything (as most of you probably know)... but they always seem to be so interesting and just the best conversationalists.

I was the only one talking back to him... so I think that proves I was the only non homophobe in the pub Saturday night :p

soulsinging, he was saying she looked fat.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I think it's better to be honest, no matter how bad the honesty is, than to keep something bottled up or deny your true feelings :o . Yeh, a lot of people may give you shit for it. I don't agree with ya but I appreciate your honesty and fuck those who think you should just think what they think anyway.

AND while quite a few men are extremely comfortable with their sexuality... I think it's funny if you even talk about going to a gay bar and some of them think they won't get out of there walking straight :eek: . I always look at them and think 'don't bloody flatter yourself' :D

i think a lot of straight people, guys especially, have been strongly influenced by old prejudices about homosexuals. they think it's just a purely sexual thing and that gay men are all like the worst kind of frat boy only for men instead of co-eds. they figure they're only gay becos they love the sex and care about nothing more than having as much of it as possible. i know it kinda surprised my gf to hear one of her gay co-workers talking about his type. she had never thought about gay people having a type of person they want to date like the rest of us... becos all she ever heard about was how disgusting gay sex is she kinda never thought beyond that aspect of the relationship and figured gay people would take whatever they can get or any offer they get. that's why your friends figure a gay bar would have them leaving walking funny... they figure those horny homos will see virgin ass and just have to have a piece. it never enters their head that those guys might not find them attractive.

im not seeing the connection, but if you say so. that's pretty weak. you should have kicked his ass for a lack of wit.
  • i think a lot of straight people, guys especially, have been strongly influenced by old prejudices about homosexuals. they think it's just a purely sexual thing and that gay men are all like the worst kind of frat boy only for men instead of co-eds. they figure they're only gay becos they love the sex and care about nothing more than having as much of it as possible. i know it kinda surprised my gf to hear one of her gay co-workers talking about his type. she had never thought about gay people having a type of person they want to date like the rest of us... becos all she ever heard about was how disgusting gay sex is she kinda never thought beyond that aspect of the relationship and figured gay people would take whatever they can get or any offer they get. that's why your friends figure a gay bar would have them leaving walking funny... they figure those horny homos will see virgin ass and just have to have a piece. it never enters their head that those guys might not find them attractive.
    :o yep, a lot of guys seem to be of that impression too. I've been lucky I suppose cos I've always had gay friends, even in school. Probably my best gay school friend though, I lost touch with him for a few years and we met last year for drinks and stuff and he's become SO camp. He was always let's say obviously gay anyway but now he's just men men men and that's all he talks about :D . It's quite funny but having not seen him for so long it was actually like drinking with someone I didn't really know (he used to pretend he was straight back then... but we all knew)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    :D Trust me, I don't. They fascinate me. If I was in the least bit bothered by any of it, I would have no problem saying anything (as most of you probably know)... but they always seem to be so interesting and just the best conversationalists.

I was the only one talking back to him... so I think that proves I was the only non homophobe in the pub Saturday night :p

Only kidding. :)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.

which was probably true.. see i dont get this.

my wife thinks its bad that i call people "fat bastards"... not the bastard bit but the fat bit. why??? they are fucking fat.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • im not seeing the connection, but if you say so. that's pretty weak. you should have kicked his ass for a lack of wit.
    it's easier to hold your stomach in when you're standing up and you look thinner! This is pretty much common knowledge :p The three of us (my friend and his boyfriend) all looked at eachother like 'did he really just say that?' :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman wrote:
    oh so he's right.. i said the same as him in my first post!!!!!!

fucking hell

*storms off in huff*
    Drama queen!
    nuffingman wrote:
    Drama queen!

you are such a bitch!!!

its my manicure time darlings... see ya
  • yosi wrote:
    Only kidding. :)
    :) I know.

dunk perhaps your wife is just looking out for ya :p although why, I'm not quite sure :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman wrote:
    you are such a bitch!!!

its my manicure time darlings... see ya
    Oooooh you know how to hurt. Go for the red varnish it matches your eyes. :p
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I was really really hoping he'd insult me... :o but he didn't. He pretty much insulted everyone else in the pub. Was shouting out about all the 'fucking Polish people' (and there would be a few in that pub) and nobody said anything. If he was straight (he's very very very camp), without a doubt, he'd have been kicked out of the pub within minutes.

Don't get me wrong, he was funnny! But if I said half the things he said, well it just doesn't bear thinking about really :eek:
    .... pot...kettle.... ;)

not all gay people are like that for a start, and plenty of straight people are (you included), you just notice it more i guess...and I think they do it defensively actually (best defence being attack..).

and though some people do feel inhibited in responding for whatever reason, I know I don't, and I've seen plenty of back and forth bantering (most notably when I was working in theatre)...as long as it's humoristic, not aggressive, they don't mind anymore than you and I would...
  • I know there's more of an underlying question/thought here (People in minorities being able to say this and that) but, admittedly, I don't know any gay men but a couple of gay women. They're both nice people.

I'm sure not all gay men feel they can say what they want.

I know their's some straight men that feel they can say what they want and they don't always get shouted down either.
  • Pegasus wrote:
    .... pot...kettle.... ;)

not all gay people are like that for a start, and plenty of straight people are (you included), you just notice it more i guess...and I think they do it defensively actually (best defence being attack..).

and though some people do feel inhibited in responding for whatever reason, I know I don't, and I've seen plenty of back and forth bantering (most notably when I was working in theatre)...as long as it's humoristic, not aggressive, they don't mind anymore than you and I would...

:D I wasn't copying you... I just take too long to get my thoughts in order. :D

*Edit* I think that's one of the most sensible point's made on this thread.
  • People like that are so insecure that they must insult others to feel good about themselves.

"I may be gay, but at least I'm not fat!"

They look for undesirable traits in others and point them out so they can shadow their "flaw". They're the ones with the problems, and it is sad that they see being gay as a bad thing.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Yes, the gays are very fond of busting on every poor creature that walks into the bar. At least the ones I've hung out with. Although it's pretty funny, I also feel bad for these people and think "what are gays saying about me when I walk into the bar"?! I can only imagine. For being so oppressed they sure like to oppress others. Go figure.

On the flip side I've gotten the most offbeat flattering comments from gay men like "you have pretty teeth", or "you have cute ears", stuff like that. Things I would never dream of telling a girl. Who pays attention to ears unless they're like Prince Charles'?
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    And it not be offensive? I was in the pub Saturday night and we were chatting to a gay couple (she kinda knows one of them) and my friend went to the toilet, came back and sat down and one of them said 'no honey, YOU look better standing up' :eek:

If he said it to me I would have thought it was open season to say whatever I want but she took it well and laughed and that was the end of it. But I've seen it so much with gay friends. They really CAN get away with saying absolutely anything and people just laugh... but actually listen too :confused: I don't get it.

becase freedom of speech was originally meant to protect the rights of all people, from,oppression opposed on them from the officials, and these days, the liberals, whether they are gays, democrats, equal rights activists (i.e., racial, gender, ............etc.) have more backup when they speak than anyone else. When a conservative talks, we are close minded, bigots, racist, whatever......

maybe in your friend's case, people listen to be "politically correct". Like we had these two gay moms who adopted like 10 kids and lived in our school district and the other moms, who were so stuck up and who treated you like crap if they knew you weren't in their income bracket, but they all were so nice to these two women and all I could think, "these posers, it's like they said, 'look how cool I am; I have gay friends........' " what a joke.....
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Pegasus wrote:
    .... pot...kettle.... ;)

Oh yeh, I know... I've never had anyone get offended by my joking around... but I wonder why others are so uneager to reply.

And there were no polish people in Pin's... apart from Emma of course :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • gabers wrote:
    Yes, the gays are very fond of busting on every poor creature that walks into the bar. At least the ones I've hung out with. Although it's pretty funny, I also feel bad for these people and think "what are gays saying about me when I walk into the bar"?! I can only imagine. For being so oppressed they sure like to oppress others. Go figure.

On the flip side I've gotten the most offbeat flattering comments from gay men like "you have pretty teeth", or "you have cute ears", stuff like that. Things I would never dream of telling a girl. Who pays attention to ears unless they're like Prince Charles'?
    well that is true actually... I've had quite a few compliments from gay men and they go over the top with their compliments too... and I never feel the need to answer back when they say 'isn't she absolutely gorgeous' or something :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Gay people are like any other walk of life. There are nice gay people and asshole gay people.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Oh yeh, I know... I've never had anyone get offended by my joking around... but I wonder why others are so uneager to reply.

And there were no polish people in Pin's... apart from Emma of course :o

Nothing worse than a gay Polock....lol.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • writersu wrote:
    becase freedom of speech was originally meant to protect the rights of all people, from,oppression opposed on them from the officials, and these days, the liberals, whether they are gays, democrats, equal rights activists (i.e., racial, gender, ............etc.) have more backup when they speak than anyone else. When a conservative talks, we are close minded, bigots, racist, whatever......

maybe in your friend's case, people listen to be "politically correct". Like we had these two gay moms who adopted like 10 kids and lived in our school district and the other moms, who were so stuck up and who treated you like crap if they knew you weren't in their income bracket, but they all were so nice to these two women and all I could think, "these posers, it's like they said, 'look how cool I am; I have gay friends........' " what a joke.....
    oh yeh, there's them people too... who like having friends from different minorities to make themselves look good... or maybe they really do like them?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    know1 wrote:
    They're all the same.
    hehehe,
    it's easier to hold your stomach in when you're standing up and you look thinner! This is pretty much common knowledge :p The three of us (my friend and his boyfriend) all looked at eachother like 'did he really just say that?' :eek:

common knowledge is apparently not all that common. or maybe im just lucky to have not had to learn such tricks.
    writersu wrote:

im not sure what that second paragraph proves. but as to the first, isn't being able to call you close-minded bigots the same as you wanting to be able to call people faggots? the only difference is society has deemed one worse than the other and you're still living in the stone age and can't accept it.
  • elmer wrote:
    hehehe,

Have you been watching 'Meet Karl Pilkington'? Lol
  • And it not be offensive? I was in the pub Saturday night and we were chatting to a gay couple (she kinda knows one of them) and my friend went to the toilet, came back and sat down and one of them said 'no honey, YOU look better standing up' :eek:

If he said it to me I would have thought it was open season to say whatever I want but she took it well and laughed and that was the end of it. But I've seen it so much with gay friends. They really CAN get away with saying absolutely anything and people just laugh... but actually listen too :confused: I don't get it.

I'm not sure why people take it, but I think this guy and others like him might be compensating for feeling uncomfortable with themselves. I mean that is why anyone insults someone, isn't it? I can imagine that as a gay man it might be easy to be self conscious of one's own body image and whatnot, and then an obvious reaction would be to take it out on this woman. same story as anyone else who goes around insulting people. But why people laugh it off so easily and whatnot...that is beyond me.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    You were at a pub right? You should have asked him if you could push in his stool.

(Sorry couldn't help myself.)
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• common knowledge is apparently not all that common. or maybe im just lucky to have not had to learn such tricks.
    it's not something people really learn... and even if it's something you never had to 'learn' it's something you may notice.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life