fantasy dinner guests?

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jamie uk wrote:
    There you go....what was that about mis-quoting? heehee, cheap and tacky wins by a nose! ;)
    Yes... I openly said that I said that several times. You will also find if you go back a page or two before it, Helen said it first.

You're not going to let this drop are you? sigh...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Yes... I openly said that I said that several times. You will also find if you go back a page or two before it, Helen said it first.

You're not going to let this drop are you? sigh...

I love when people type out "sigh". I think we should type out everything. That was some good chicken, belch...
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I love when people type out "sigh". I think we should type out everything. That was some good chicken, belch...
    :p
    b a r f
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :p
    b a r f

Hope it wasn't something I said. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    YES! :D and it should always be followed by an ellipsis... :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    PAAAARP!
    oops, excuse me, I'm so embaressed.

*waves hand back and forth*
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    PAAAARP!

Now this is my kind of dinner party!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mookie9999 wrote:

that is a good idea... *makes map of Africa with pubes*

i forgot WILLIAM WALLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes you may take my dinner plate away.... but you'll never take my PAVLOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    that is a good idea... *makes map of Africa with pubes*

quote]
    What scale are we talking hair ball? :D
    jamie uk wrote:
    PAAAARP!

It was the egg mayo...sorry.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jamie uk wrote:
    What scale are we talking hair ball? :D

its a 1:50,000 map base on a Transverse Mercator projection.

that is, without doubt, the geekiest thing i have ever written on this forum.

i'm so ashamed i'm going to punch an isosceles triangle in the face.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    what the hell is going on here? why are two brits arguing over some trollop the rest of the world's never heard of?!!?! :D
    dunkman wrote:
    its a 1:50,000 map base on a Transverse Mercator projection.

that is, without doubt, the geekiest thing i have ever written on this forum.

i'm so ashamed i'm going to punch an isosceles triangle in the face.

You could be making it up for all I know!!! I'm just looking forward to tomorrow morning, a greasy bacon and egg sanwich at the roadside burger van, and a good perve over page 3.
    .p.s. that would take lots of pubes.I'm guessing.
  • fantasy dinner guests?

John Steinbeck, F.D.R, and His wife. and Me. I would serve a roast. and maybe we would get gently drunk.

also, separate party - Edgar Allen Poe, Oscar Wilde, a few of my friends, and an easy access to an adjacent bedroom. ;) oh and we will require some absinthe and maybe Toulouse can be the midgie football.

wait, unless it is like FOR dinner as in whom would I want to consume the flesh of...in which case - hey O.P. you are one sick little puppy. pm me :p
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    cutback wrote:
    what the hell is going on here? why are two brits arguing over some trollop the rest of the world's never heard of?!!?! :D

CB...we're not arguing, we're simply discussing intelligently And, she's no trollop buddy, I promise you. She' was a very tasteful glamour model in the 80's, and to her credit she looks fantastic now...at 48! Jezza should just've said...'fuck, she's older than me mum, you perv'. That would've been fair comment.:D
    jamie uk wrote:
    CB...we're not arguing, we're simply discussing intelligently And, she's no trollop buddy, I promise you. She' was a very tasteful glamour model in the 80's, and to her credit she looks fantastic now...at 48! Jezza should just've said...'fuck, she's older than me mum, you perv'. That would've been fair comment.:D
    Nahhhh, I was discussing in the pub the other day (much to one of my friends' shock) that there are plenty of women older than my mum who look incredible. Michelle Pfeiffer was my example. Otherwise I agree with your post.

I laughed at tasteful though... :p
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Nahhhh, I was discussing in the pub the other day (much to one of my friends' shock) that there are plenty of women older than my mum who look incredible. Michelle Pfeiffer was my example. Otherwise I agree with your post.

I laughed at tasteful though... :p

Come on...page 3 is hardly distasteful in this day and age, I mean it was contravertial in like 1973...but come on. And, fyi, Linda, in her day, was considered a 'cut above', she was like the girl next door. Watch her on that ice skating show this weekend (that's the only reason I ever thought to add her to my list), she's thoroughly charming.

p.s...who got letter of the month in Uncut magazine anyway?...Me!
    jamie uk wrote:
    Come on...page 3 is hardly distasteful in this day and age, I mean it was contravertial in like 1973...but come on. And, fyi, Linda, in her day, was considered a 'cut above', she was like the girl next door. Watch her on that ice skating show this weekend (that's the only reason I ever thought to add her to my list), she's thoroughly charming.

p.s...who got letter of the month in Uncut magazine anyway?...Me!
    Ha :) I don't think it's distasteful as in offensive, of course it's tame in this day and age. I just think even in terms of softcore nudity, you could do better than the sun and better than her :p
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Deceased Ones:

John Lennon
    Marilyn Monroe
    James Dean
    Elvis Presley
    Jim Morrison
    Kurt Cobain

Live Ones:

Bill Clinton
    Ed Vedder
    Daniel Day Lewis
    Jason Lee
    Tommy Lee
    Christina Aguilera
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ha :) I don't think it's distasteful as in offensive, of course it's tame in this day and age. I just think even in terms of softcore nudity, you could do better than the sun and better than her :p

... I don't read the Sun, I don't read any news paper, they're all bad in their own way. And, as for her, she's a babe, she scores very highly on the stroke-ability scale, if she were president she'd be 'Babe'-raham Lincoln....shwingg!
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    My dinner guest

Steve Buscemi
    Howard Stern
    Donald Trump
    Rosie Odonald
    Dave Letterman
    Jay Leno
    I'll be back
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    It amuses me that everyone will mention all of these people that are wonderful writers or philosophers and whatnot...yet I can't imagine anyone would turn away a beautiful woman or a hot guy.
    The elitist attitude of some is amusing.
    I want to have fun at dinner...not be given a lecture. :p
    I thought your lady was lovely jamie. She looks nice naked.
    I chose my table for comedic value and entertainment value... it's a dinner, not an orgy :)

Come on can you imagine having George Bush and Britney Spears at the same table? The likes of Stephen Fry and Helen Mirren (who I've always been very impressed with in chat shows... seems really intelligent and funny) would make mince meat of them. Then Richard Harris, Oliver Reed and Peter O'Toole would all get hammered and buy my house for a few million :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Bad Blood is one of my fave X-Files episodes.

Can we have fake people at our table? If so, I want Mulder and Scully, and the gangs from Buffy, Angel and Scooby Doo.
    It's your dinner, you can have whoever ya want :)

Mmmm... Angel :o now if he was there I wouldn't hear a word the rest of them were saying :eek:

speaking of the x-files. I was watching an episode with my housemate a couple of weeks ago and Scully said probably one of the funniest lines I've ever heard: (paraphrased)

'I find it hard to believe that in this day and age people would have sex with a complete stranger'

:D:D Oh how we laughed... seriously, the two of us were in hysterics for about half an hour. And she said it in all seriousness
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    Richard Dawkins
    All Members of PJ
    JFK
    Gavin Newsom
    Pol Pot (just so i could punch him in the face and stick a fork in his eye)
    Chris Metzen
    Tim Robbins
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I
    07/16/06 SF II
    07/18/06 SF III
    10/21/06 Bridge School
    04/07/08 Berkeley
    04/08/08 Berkeley
  • It's your dinner, you can have whoever ya want :)

Mmmm... Angel :o now if he was there I wouldn't hear a word the rest of them were saying :eek:

speaking of the x-files. I was watching an episode with my housemate a couple of weeks ago and Scully said probably one of the funniest lines I've ever heard: (paraphrased)

'I find it hard to believe that in this day and age people would have sex with a complete stranger'

:D:D Oh how we laughed... seriously, the two of us were in hysterics for about half an hour. And she said it in all seriousness

I prefer this:

(Mulder to blonde bombshell cop)

'I need you to help me solve the mystery of the Horny Beast.'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • jamie uk wrote:
    ... I don't read the Sun, I don't read any news paper, they're all bad in their own way. And, as for her, she's a babe, she scores very highly on the stroke-ability scale, if she were president she'd be 'Babe'-raham Lincoln....shwingg!

'In Latin she'd be called Babia Majora.'

I don't even know who you are talking about, I just wanted to say that.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• 'In Latin she'd be called Babia Majora.'

I don't even know who you are talking about, I just wanted to say that.

How can you not know who Linda Lusardi is? She's really pretty!
  • How can you not know who Linda Lusardi is? She's really pretty!

Show me a pic. I'll be the judge of that. :D

If I don't find her pretty, I'll raise you a certain Thora.

• Show me a pic. I'll be the judge of that. :D

If I don't find her pretty, I'll raise you a certain Thora.

It's alright. I was just stirring! :D