fantasy dinner guests?

Comments

• TrixieCat wrote:
    It amuses me that everyone will mention all of these people that are wonderful writers or philosophers and whatnot...yet I can't imagine anyone would turn away a beautiful woman or a hot guy.
    The elitist attitude of some is amusing.
    I want to have fun at dinner...not be given a lecture. :p
    I thought your lady was lovely jamie. She looks nice naked.
    You must not have seen mine then.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jamie uk wrote:

Sorry 'Jez', you reffered to her as 'cheap and tacky', that's judgemental..however you decipher it, you also alluded to the fact that if she was 'really that great' she wouldn't be on a glamour page in a newspaper, what exactly do you think that is if not judgemental? And as for attractiveness being subjective, what are you on about? She was a glamour model 20 years ago, what are we supposed to judge her on? For all we know she loves reading those English lit' books just like you do....or do you know different? As far as I see, she's an attractive woman, with a pleasant personality, she harms no one, she loves her family, and she makes the best of what she was given, which I expect is what you are doing with your studies.
    Everyone can't be a proffessor buddy, and when you balls drop you'll realise what a tosser you sound like right now. :p No offense by the way, Jez. Here, have a peanut.
    I referred to her look as cheap and tacky, not her personality. she might be a lovely woman for all I know. you don't get my point at all. you say she was a glamour model so we should only judge her on her looks. That is what I am doing. I don't find her attractive in the slightest. My opinion. Your jibes about me being some sort of intellectual elitist are just retarded. Your comment on my balls dropping is immature and borderline laughable given that you still clearly have the same view on women as you probably did as an adolescent schoolboy, thumbing your way through your older brother's copies of playboy. oh I'm sorry, am I fabricating here? Get your patronising head out of your ass. Your argument is too flawed to be able to get away with such comments as "you'll realise what a tosser you sound like right now". Not while you have to resort to little digs about me reading books. I wonder how a comment about some page 3 model riled you enough to start posting some pretty pathetic insults at a person you've never met.

and my name isn't fucking Jez. it's Jamie.
    Good day.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    You must not have seen mine then.
    I got all excited at first...I was thinking: Another Bob Ross fan!!! :)
    I would like Bob Ross to come to dinner.
    We could drink happy wine and eat happy appetizers.
    :p
    I liked your list.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I liked your list.
    I think Bob Ross would get eaten alive at that table, but I could spent a considerable amount of time asking him how he envisions the world.

Thanks, by the way

Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Because I'm not attracted to cheap and tacky. It's quite simple :o I've never understood the concept of viewing that breed of glamour model as some higher type of woman to be coveted. If they were really that great, you wouldn't just need to flip open the first page of a frankly shite newspaper to see them wearing no clothes. I'm right here aren't I?
    lol...he isn't coveting her...just wants to sit next to her at a dinner table.
    Get over it already.
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I think Bob Ross would get eaten alive at that table, but I could spent a considerable amount of time asking him how he envisions the world.

Thanks, by the way
    How would anyone eat Bob Ross alive???
    I wouldn't want that type of person at my dinner table.
    I am not an elitist snob...all are welcome..just be nice and interesting.
    Bob Ross is an icon. :)
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Yogi Berra.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I liked your list.

Bob Ross is the man, he's big haired, tree painting, whispering mo fo. I like him.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    TrixieCat wrote:
    lol...he isn't coveting her...just wants to sit next to her at a dinner table.
    Get over it already.
    Me get over it? :eek: all I did was say I couldn't see why people find her attractive. I have no problem if he does. He is the one that won't let it drop and has to resort (for some bizarre reason that escapes me) to personal insults and the most infuriating kind of pat-on-the-head "you'll understand when you're older" condescension. I'm happy for him if he likes Linda Lusardi. Nothing to do with me. For some reason he seems determined that I am not allowed my opinion though, or if I am, he has to make sure I know I am deluded somehow :rolleyes:
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i want at my table:-

Jamie uk
    Jeremy1012

ringside tickets start at £20 ;)

seriously lads.. arguing about Linda Lusardi :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:

Jamie uk
    Jeremy1012

As long as you announce my entrance by saying Jeremy1012 or Jamie. If you say "Jez" I will literally rip your face off :D

I jest. I have no quarrel with Jamie UK
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It amuses me that everyone will mention all of these people that are wonderful writers or philosophers and whatnot...yet I can't imagine anyone would turn away a beautiful woman or a hot guy.
    The elitist attitude of some is amusing.
    I want to have fun at dinner...not be given a lecture. :p
    I thought your lady was lovely jamie. She looks nice naked.
    But we put who we want at the table, right? We wouldn't turn away who we asked to be there. Are we asking for the wrong people?

Would I rather talk with the grandfather I never met or a stranger who is eye candy but has no loyalty to me, and I have no loyalty to him. If given just one chance.

I think I'm misunderstanding your post. Sometimes the best part of dinner is the conversation. Even smart people can have excellent senses of humor. Take Fins for example! I want to eat ravioli with Fins!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    dunkman wrote:

Jamie uk
    Jeremy1012

seriously lads.. arguing about Linda Lusardi :D

No shit! I always wondered what harmless' purpose was on here, now I know. His random drunken threads keep everyone in line and happy. Where are you Mark? Did a bird shit on you today? Maybe you dropped a lifesaver on you crotch and still ate it? Something! Anything! We need a thread that goes nowhere, stat! Can't we all get along?!?!?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    As long as you announce my entrance by saying Jeremy1012 or Jamie. If you say "Jez" I will literally rip your face off :D

I jest. I have no quarrel with Jamie UK
    You need some sleep little one.
    ;)
    Just joshing...I remember you saying you couldn't sleep. I get super grouchy when I am sleepy too.
    You called her cheap and tacky. Now how would you feel if you said you wanted to have dinner with some woman and then someone came back and told you they could not understand why they were attractive? And then referred to them as cheap and tacky?
    I know you didn't mean to be mean, but you just sounded a little condescending.
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    But we put who we want at the table, right? We wouldn't turn away who we asked to be there. Are we asking for the wrong people?

Would I rather talk with the grandfather I never met or a stranger who is eye candy but has no loyalty to me, and I have no loyalty to him. If given just one chance.

I think I'm misunderstanding your post. Sometimes the best part of dinner is the conversation. Even smart people can have excellent senses of humor. Take Fins for example! I want to eat ravioli with Fins!
    Yeah, you did misunderstand me. I mentioned some thinkers and also some beautiful people. My point was that people were knocking other people's idea of a good dinner guest and using this thread as a litmus test for intelligence and/or class.
    Have Bozo the Clown for all I care. ;) I bet he would be.....ready for it....FUNNY! ;)
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Can't we all get along?!?!?

i know!!! we're all in this together!! (thats actually a High School Musical song)

theres a lot of bad blood on the forums lately... eets a noo good!!

p.s. Robert De Niro .. i forgot De Niro on my list :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    i know!!! we're all in this together!! (thats actually a High School Musical song)

He would be fun. :)
    He would say something witty and I would retort, "You talkin to me? No, you talkin to me???"
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    How would anyone eat Bob Ross alive???
    I wouldn't want that type of person at my dinner table.
    I am not an elitist snob...all are welcome..just be nice and interesting.
    Bob Ross is an icon. :)
    My table had about every ball buster in the entertainment industry. I'm sure everything would be nice and cordial to start but you get some liquor in Jay Mohr or Jeffrey Ross and and the ribbing would begin. You'd have to have some thick skin to sit at that table, which, is why I couldn't have Huell Howser sitting there either. It would be a total shell shock for him.

TrixieCat wrote:
    He would say something witty and I would retort, "You talkin to me? No, you talkin to me???"

yeah cos he won't get that said to him much ;)

oh... can i also add Al Capone and Poncherello from CHiPS :cool:
    TrixieCat wrote:
    You need some sleep little one.
    ;)
    Just joshing...I remember you saying you couldn't sleep. I get super grouchy when I am sleepy too.
    You called her cheap and tacky. Now how would you feel if you said you wanted to have dinner with some woman and then someone came back and told you they could not understand why they were attractive? And then referred to them as cheap and tacky?
    I know you didn't mean to be mean, but you just sounded a little condescending.
    This is a hypothetical situation :) If this was a woman who was actually at Jamie's house for dinner, I would perhaps refrain from passing negative comment since it's not my place. This is, however, a discussion board. All I did was comment on something that hasn't and probably never will even happen :rolleyes: I was not condescending at all. If you read Jamie's responses however, he seemed determined to rile me up by treating my like some sort of idiot. I would object to this on any given day. It's got bugger all to do with being grouchy. I'm a lovely guy, just don't give me diminutive nicknames and tell me I'll understand when my "balls have dropped" (I'm 19 by the way, his comment was silly and vastly unamusing). I tend to get pissed at people that do that. You can understand that surely? and the fact that I didn't get to sleep til 8am sure didn't help. you're right.

Anyway, this is going nowhere. I have no problem with anyone. I am a grounded, serene person, with love enough for everyone :)
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Me get over it? :eek: all I did was say I couldn't see why people find her attractive. I have no problem if he does. He is the one that won't let it drop and has to resort (for some bizarre reason that escapes me) to personal insults and the most infuriating kind of pat-on-the-head "you'll understand when you're older" condescension. I'm happy for him if he likes Linda Lusardi. Nothing to do with me. For some reason he seems determined that I am not allowed my opinion though, or if I am, he has to make sure I know I am deluded somehow :rolleyes:

Oh dear, you like the last word don't you? I first off mentioned a fantasy dinner guest, you then said something like you couldn't understand how people found her attractive....I said because she is.simple as that. Then...and this is tiresome, you go on some diatribe about cheap and tacky...not being great if you are in a newspaper with clothes of...yadda yadda.
    Point is jezza, she's pretty...but overall that's not important, doesn't make someone a good person. But here's the stinger...doesn't make them a bad person either. Doesn't mean someone can call her names, just cos they see she's pretty and assume all the rest. I mean, I don't know a lot about your subject, but let's take Dylan Thomas as an example, brilliant mind..yes, all agreed? But by all accounts the biggest boozing, womanising, ignoramous God ever put breath into. I'm just saying...and here's the chestnut..don't judge books by their covers. I don't.
    btw, I love you man.
    dunkman wrote:

ooh I was just about to add De Niro too. Along with Edward Norton he can try to explain why The Score is not the best film ever, considering how damn good that cast was.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    This is a hypothetical situation :) If this was a woman who was actually at Jamie's house for dinner, I would perhaps refrain from passing negative comment since it's not my place. This is, however, a discussion board. All I did was comment on something that hasn't and probably never will even happen :rolleyes: I was not condescending at all. If you read Jamie's responses however, he seemed determined to rile me up by treating my like some sort of idiot. I would object to this on any given day. It's got bugger all to do with being grouchy. I'm a lovely guy, just don't give me diminutive nicknames and tell me I'll understand when my "balls have dropped" (I'm 19 by the way, his comment was silly and vastly unamusing). I tend to get pissed at people that do that. You can understand that surely? and the fact that I didn't get to sleep til 8am sure didn't help. you're right.

Anyway, this is going nowhere. I have no problem with anyone. I am a grounded, serene person, with love enough for everyone :)
    It's got bugger all to do with being grouchy. I need to reference my UK=America webpage for that one. lol
    It's all good.
    I don't think he meant to treat you like an idiot.
    :)
    I hope you get some sleep soon.
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    dunkman wrote:

Bad Blood is one of my fave X-Files episodes.

Can we have fake people at our table? If so, I want Mulder and Scully, and the gangs from Buffy, Angel and Scooby Doo. :D:D:D
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Oh dear, you like the last word don't you? I first off mentioned a fantasy dinner guest, you then said something like you couldn't understand how people found her attractive....I said because she is.simple as that. Then...and this is tiresome, you go on some diatribe about cheap and tacky...not being great if you are in a newspaper with clothes of...yadda yadda.
    Point is jezza, she's pretty...but overall that's not important, doesn't make someone a good person. But here's the stinger...doesn't make them a bad person either. Doesn't mean someone can call her names, just cos they see she's pretty and assume all the rest. I mean, I don't know a lot about your subject, but let's take Dylan Thomas as an example, brilliant mind..yes, all agreed? But by all accounts the biggest boozing, womanising, ignoramous God ever put breath into. I'm just saying...and here's the chestnut..don't judge books by their covers. I don't.
    btw, I love you man.
    No no, you have gotten your wires crossed. This is clearly where the misunderstanding has come from which has given you the impression that this argument actually matters to me. The subject doesnt, merely the fact that you are insulting me and misquoting me at every opportunity. Heineken Helen is the one who said she was cheap and tacky. When you said you understood why she might think that but didnt understand why I would, I just echoed Helen's sentiment. You implied in this thread that I am secretly gay and then all but openly said that, as a man, I need to be thinking with my penis at all times. I don't understand why a guy can't have the same view on a woman as a woman can. YOU were the one who went on a diatribe.

I don't want to keep going on about this and I know you are just going to retort with something like "alright Jezzzz, don't get your panties in a bunch" but I do want the last word because I do not like the way you are totally misunderstanding and then misquoting EVERYthing I say. I judged the book by it's cover because the book made a career out of it's cover, not it's contents. What else can I do?

You know, we'd probably get on well in real life. This is a fucking stupid place to have arguments. I'm done.
    I want my friend Jamie on my list. :D
    Give us a kiss ya tart, and don't tell me how I'll finish an argument, let's not add presumptuous to your list.....:p
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    dunkman wrote:
    we're all in this together!! (thats actually a High School Musical song)

Sad. Just sad. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah cos he won't get that said to him much ;)

oh... can i also add Al Capone and Poncherello from CHiPS :cool:
    And that lovie, is why I would say it. :p
    But I am so very charming and such a good cook that he would laugh as well.
    You can add whomever you wish.
    I want the singer from Third Eye Blind. :o I mean at the dinner table.
    And Joey Ramone. God I miss the Ramones....:(
    jamie uk wrote:
    I want my friend Jamie on my list. :D
    Give us a kiss ya tart, and don't tell me how I'll finish an argument, let's not add presumptuous to your list.....:p
    My god you are infuriating :D
    but I'm over it. here's to you Jamie - http://theprint.dk/linked/80sfox.jpg
    :)
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Because I'm not attracted to cheap and tacky. It's quite simple :o I've never understood the concept of viewing that breed of glamour model as some higher type of woman to be coveted. If they were really that great, you wouldn't just need to flip open the first page of a frankly shite newspaper to see them wearing no clothes. I'm right here aren't I?

There you go....what was that about mis-quoting? heehee, cheap and tacky wins by a nose! ;)