Jessica Simpson
    Tony Romo
    Meatloaf
    James Hong
    Bea Arthur
    Snoop Dogg
    NERDS!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Me neither :o . I mean, I'm sure it's not the face most people are looking at but she just seemed kinda cheap and tacky :o

Yes, but you're a girl, I understand why you don't...Jeremy on the other hand, I don't.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Two more:

Bob Marley and Pablo Escobar
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Collin wrote:
    Two more:

Bob Marley and Pablo Escobar

wow,, you'll be kcufed up with all those drugs
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    wow,, you'll be kcufed up with all those drugs

First we'll have the munchies and then me and Pablo can do some creative cooking :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Collin wrote:
    First we'll have the munchies and then me and Pablo can do some creative cooking :D

haha
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Eddie Vedder
    Layne Staley
    Jim Morrison
    Michael Jackson
    Jimi Hendrix
    Morrissey
    Oscar Wilde
    Robert Johnson
    Thierry Henry
    Juliette Binoche
    Diego Maradona
    James Gandolfini
    Sophia Loren
    Tim Hardin
    Tupac Shakur
    Nototious B.I.G
    Jesus Christ
    Allah Mohammed
    Nigel Benn
    Genghis Khan
    Bjork
    Liam Brady
    Axl Rose
    Shannon Hoon
    Tricky
    Ricky Gervais
    Richard Prior
    Arsene Wenger
    elmer wrote:
    Layne Staley
    Tupac Shakur
    Richard Prior

Nice!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Stephen Fry
    Marilyn Monroe
    Damien Hirst
    Charles Manson
    Salvador Dali
    Noel Fielding
    Russell Brand
    Eddie Izzard
    Ed Vedder
    Edgar Allen Poe
    Oscar Wilde
    My friends Sarah, Dave S, Dave L, Matt and Chris
    My Dad and his mum

jesus.... could you IMAGINE that party?!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jamie uk wrote:
    Yes, but you're a girl, I understand why you don't...Jeremy on the other hand, I don't.
    Because I'm not attracted to cheap and tacky. It's quite simple :o I've never understood the concept of viewing that breed of glamour model as some higher type of woman to be coveted. If they were really that great, you wouldn't just need to flip open the first page of a frankly shite newspaper to see them wearing no clothes. I'm right here aren't I?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    elmer wrote:
    Eddie Vedder
    Layne Staley
    Juliette Binoche
    Diego Maradona
    Tupac Shakur
    I would kill to share a table with these people. I actually dreamed that I grabbed a beer with Tupac once :o I had so many questions to ask him.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Heineken Helen
    :confused: well it's not really a fantasy when it's something that's GOING to happen, is it? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Because I'm not attracted to cheap and tacky. It's quite simple :o I've never understood the concept of viewing that breed of glamour model as some higher type of woman to be coveted. If they were really that great, you wouldn't just need to flip open the first page of a frankly shite newspaper to see them wearing no clothes. I'm right here aren't I?
    Well, you seem to have a very judgemental view of it all.
    Thing is, she's an attractive woman...there's nothing else to say. Yes shite newspapers, yes probably no need for that sort of glamour in there, but it was/is, and regardless of what preconcieved ideas you may hold about her personality, or mentality, the fact remains that she is an attractive woman, and it's not for us to judge her on things we don't know about. I'm not sure about coveting or viewing anyone as higher, I really think you're a little off the scale there, maybe you think too much Jez? But it's your choice....and mine. Peace
  • elmer wrote:
    Ricky Gervais

oh yeah. i forgot karl pilkington. i think ricky gervais might be quite annoying.

so that's...

karl pilkington
    louis theroux
    alexei sayle
    caroline adherne
    stephen fry
    hugh fearnley whittingstall
    russell brand
    the big hairy bikers (whatever their names are)
    john Cusack

I need some more women to add to the list... It's only me and Caroline so far! :eek:
  • jamie uk wrote:
    I may be a girl... but I've GREAT taste in women :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I may be a girl... but I've GREAT taste in women :)

And I'm a man...and trust me, she's an attractive woman, end of.:D
  • jamie uk wrote:
    And I'm a man...and trust me, she's an attractive woman, end of.:D
    Since I can tell this seems to be a touchy ;) subject for you, I'll take your word for it :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Jesus - just to see if he really was a real person
    Henry Miller
    Bill Hicks
    Jim Morrison
    Socrates
    Arthur Rimbaud
    William Blake
    Shane MaGowan
    Dionysus
    Peter Cook
    Keith Moon
    Julie Delpy
    Bridgette Bardot

the first one cracks me up, byrnzie. :D then i picture moon, magowan, and jesus getting drunk and trashing a hotel room. :)
    Since I can tell this seems to be a touchy ;) subject for you, I'll take your word for it :)

No, not at all. Just....ah forget it :D
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    well this was fun to read through.

my dinner party:

Chuck Palahniuk- cause he's the most interesting man i've ever heard speak
    Ed- cause yea
    Josh Homme- because he is one of the funniest motherfuckers ever
    britney Spears- so we can all make fun of her
    Howard Zinn- yup
    Trent Reznor- brilliant
    Marilyn Manson- now this guy is so fucking interesting.
    Jason Varitek- cause he's my captain

I'm sure theres more.. as you can tell i dont really get inspiration from women.. how sad
    Moondog
    Johnny Cash
    Neil Young
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    My mom's dad.

My grandma's dad, but at a different table. I'd have to learn Italian first.

I'd like to be at a table with Wilma Mankiller and Gloria Steinham. Wilma's husband officated Gloria's wedding, so they know each other. I wouldn't really want to talk, just listen to the everyday conversation of two strong, confident, beautiful women.

Actually, one day I'd like to have a cup of coffee with Eddie Vedder, and finally ask - was it really you I sold the book to, or were my angels fucking with me?!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well, you seem to have a very judgemental view of it all.
    Thing is, she's an attractive woman...there's nothing else to say. Yes shite newspapers, yes probably no need for that sort of glamour in there, but it was/is, and regardless of what preconcieved ideas you may hold about her personality, or mentality, the fact remains that she is an attractive woman, and it's not for us to judge her on things we don't know about. I'm not sure about coveting or viewing anyone as higher, I really think you're a little off the scale there, maybe you think too much Jez? But it's your choice....and mine. Peace
    You do realise that attractiveness is pretty much the most subjective quality a person can have? She is attractive to you, not me. Why is it that your opinion is more valid? I don't recall making any judgements about her "personality or mentality", I'm pretty sure you just fabricated that. I also don't remember judging her on anything other than her looks, something you seem to suggest I did. I merely said I didn't think she was a attractive and that her brand of "attractiveness" that you seem to appreciate, that being the page 3 look, is not one that particularly interests me in any way. you are the one telling me, for some bizarre reason, that I am WRONG. It's a matter of taste. I don't really see the call for such a misleading, misappropriated and really quite condescending post as this.
    Peace, "Jay".

:rolleyes:

sorry, I've had no sleep and I'm in a bad mood. I stand by everything I said though.
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    If I were in a malicious mood, I would remove the silverware and invite Zidane and Materazzi.
  • Gandhi. He doesn't eat much. More for me.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    You do realise that attractiveness is pretty much the most subjective quality a person can have? She is attractive to you, not me. Why is it that your opinion is more valid? I don't recall making any judgements about her "personality or mentality", I'm pretty sure you just fabricated that. I also don't remember judging her on anything other than her looks, something you seem to suggest I did. I merely said I didn't think she was a attractive and that her brand of "attractiveness" that you seem to appreciate, that being the page 3 look, is not one that particularly interests me in any way. you are the one telling me, for some bizarre reason, that I am WRONG. It's a matter of taste. I don't really see the call for such a misleading, misappropriated and really quite condescending post as this.
    Peace, "Jay".

:rolleyes:

sorry, I've had no sleep and I'm in a bad mood. I stand by everything I said though.
    Originally Posted by Jeremy1012
    Because I'm not attracted to cheap and tacky. It's quite simple I've never understood the concept of viewing that breed of glamour model as some higher type of woman to be coveted. If they were really that great, you wouldn't just need to flip open the first page of a frankly shite newspaper to see them wearing no clothes. I'm right here aren't I?

Sorry 'Jez', you reffered to her as 'cheap and tacky', that's judgemental..however you decipher it, you also alluded to the fact that if she was 'really that great' she wouldn't be on a glamour page in a newspaper, what exactly do you think that is if not judgemental? And as for attractiveness being subjective, what are you on about? She was a glamour model 20 years ago, what are we supposed to judge her on? For all we know she loves reading those English lit' books just like you do....or do you know different? As far as I see, she's an attractive woman, with a pleasant personality, she harms no one, she loves her family, and she makes the best of what she was given, which I expect is what you are doing with your studies.
    Everyone can't be a proffessor buddy, and when you balls drop you'll realise what a tosser you sound like right now. :p No offense by the way, Jez. Here, have a peanut.
  • Gandhi. He doesn't eat much. More for me.
    Just dont add Tolstoy to the affair. Because he WILL eat.................

your ear off.

(I dont know if that was ghey or witty- you cant say both). :confused:

And I aint talking about corn either- we know they had their brilliant Vegetmeterean club. :rolleyes:

(ok there, I made it witty)

:cool:
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    It amuses me that everyone will mention all of these people that are wonderful writers or philosophers and whatnot...yet I can't imagine anyone would turn away a beautiful woman or a hot guy.
    The elitist attitude of some is amusing.
    I want to have fun at dinner...not be given a lecture. :p
    I thought your lady was lovely jamie. She looks nice naked.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Table 1
    Westlife
    Boyzone
    Table 2
    Simon Amstell
    Bill Bailey
    Eddie Vedder
    Dylan Moran
    Christopher Walken
    Brian Williams
    Conan O'Brien
    Jon Stewart
    Joe Strummer
    Jenna Fischer

Table 1's dishes get poisoned, obviously.:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Eddie Vedder
    Bob Dylan
    Jimi Hendrix (like you said even the dead ones)
    Mark Lanegan
    Frank Zappa (that would make the conversation very interesting) (also dead though)
    Stone Gossard

.....And maybe Bach (provided that he magically spoke english).

Thats my dinner list. Not all at once though. Maybe just one or two at a time.

EDIT: Maybe also Igor Stravinsky
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."