Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    TT was 9-9 in shootout stops allowed one in BUT made the stop to win the game. Tough back to back over the weekend but split against the Flymen and Rangers. B's continue to play well against the Flymen during the season haven't lost to them since my B-day 2007....9-0-1

Go Bruins!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Tim Thomas is free to have whatever opinion he wants, but being invited to the White House is a once-in-a-lifetime honor. It's something special to share with your team. Instead, he chose to completely overshadow that and become the story. Dissappointing.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Tim Thomas is free to have whatever opinion he wants, but being invited to the White House is a once-in-a-lifetime honor. It's something special to share with your team. Instead, he chose to completely overshadow that and become the story. Dissappointing.

J what you talking about, I'll have to check out what you're tlking about.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Statement from Thomas about chosing not to go to the White House ...
    Tim Thomas

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

I respect his opinion not to go to the White House, after all, isn't a decision like that what this country is founded on?

That said ... it sucks for his teammates that this has become about him not going, instead of the rest of the team that is actually there.

I'm not going to call him selfish, but, he could have sucked it up for his team and posted something after the fact.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Statement from Thomas about chosing not to go to the White House ...
    Tim Thomas

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

I respect his opinion not to go to the White House, after all, isn't a decision like that what this country is founded on?

That said ... it sucks for his teammates that this has become about him not going, instead of the rest of the team that is actually there.

I'm not going to call him selfish, but, he could have sucked it up for his team and posted something after the fact.

Luckily, the little ball of hate showed up, that's what Obama call Marchand.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,278
    Thomas can do what he wants

But to say its not about politics or party is disingenuous

He's a Glenn beck t party guy...... That's cool, it's America after all. But to sell it as something else is BS. That's where I think he'll catch most of his flack
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Thomas can do what he wants

But to say its not about politics or party is disingenuous

He's a Glenn beck t party guy...... That's cool, it's America after all. But to sell it as something else is BS. That's where I think he'll catch most of his flack

meh... all the arguments have already been made and heard.

it was a TEAM event and he should have been there. especially being the only american on the 2011 squad.

i am not singling out thomas. if a ranger ditched this event, i would be disappointed in them as well. put your political opinions aside and spend the afternoon with your teammates.

if he is disappointed in our country and how things are run, he should have turned down his invitation to the olympics to represent his country.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    never put douchebag and Tim Thomas together

the connection moved closer a notch after this discovery
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    meh... all the arguments have already been made and heard.

it was a TEAM event and he should have been there. especially being the only american on the 2011 squad.

i am not singling out thomas. if a ranger ditched this event, i would be disappointed in them as well. put your political opinions aside and spend the afternoon with your teammates.

if he is disappointed in our country and how things are run, he should have turned down his invitation to the olympics to represent his country.

Two small points.

1) Steven Kampfer is from the US, played about half the season, and was at the White House today.

2) I would argue that the Olympics are where you want to take politics OUT of sport ... and the visit to the White House is where politics is directly.

I agreed that he made this about himself, but, just wanted to point this out.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    g under p wrote:
    TT was 9-9 in shootout stops allowed one in BUT made the stop to win the game. Tough back to back over the weekend but split against the Flymen and Rangers. B's continue to play well against the Flymen during the season haven't lost to them since my B-day 2007....9-0-1

Go Bruins!

Peace

Flyers won in Boston 2-1 this year
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    big tim thomas making a statement staying away from the white house :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    The other Boston team getting the job done....2-0 vs the Capitals

Peace

• Options
    Bruins in a tough one tonight against the Sabres...file.php?avatar=7177_1316177027.gif

It should be a battle.

PeacePlease.jpg

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Bruins in a tough one tonight against the Sabres...file.php?avatar=7177_1316177027.gif

It should be a battle.

PeacePlease.jpg

bad thru 2
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Been a while since I've seen a B's game, they've played pretty damn well today, but Niklas Backstrom has been absolutely insane ... cant see the Bruins scoring today if that last Lucic chance didn't go in. Unreal.

Edit - Ends up with 49 saves ... and a good 10 of them were highlight saves.

Kudos to you Mr. Backstrom, helluva game.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Been a while since I've seen a B's game, they've played pretty damn well today, but Niklas Backstrom has been absolutely insane ... cant see the Bruins scoring today if that last Lucic chance didn't go in. Unreal.

Edit - Ends up with 49 saves ... and a good 10 of them were highlight saves.

Kudos to you Mr. Backstrom, helluva game.

fun game to watch. definition of a goalie winning 2 points for his team, backstrom was unreal.

loving this lazy sunday watching 10 different games. thank you NBS sports :D
  • Options
    Maybe a start for Marty today?
  • Options
    Got a royal spanking from the Pens who are showing just how good they are.

Peace

• Options
    Be nice if they got healthier before the play-offs start.
  • Options
    great debut for turco!

:lol:
  • Options
    ugly again.
  • Options
    A much needed win but the defense MUST improve if there's to a be a repeat of the CUP coming back to Boston.

Peace

• Options
    Nice solid defensive win last night...keep it going on Thursday and face a big game against the league leading Rangers on Sunday.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Nice solid defensive win last night...keep it going on Thursday and face a big game against the league leading Rangers on Sunday.

Peace

i like the sound of that :)
  • Options
    Nice to see the boys tie it up. This may be a good game after all.

UPDATE: 2-1 Bs! :D
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Nice to see the boys tie it up. This may be a good game after all.

UPDATE: 2-1 Bs! :D

It was indeed a good game to win in a playoff atmosphere. nice win B's

Peace

• Options
    Well, the 2 seed is locked (heck, they were the 3 seed last year) so time to rest up some guys for the grueling playoff run ahead.

Sadly, no matter who the first round team is, it'll be a tough matchup. So, lets just hope they all beat the shit out of each other over the next week and come into the opening series a little staggered.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Well, the 2 seed is locked (heck, they were the 3 seed last year) so time to rest up some guys for the grueling playoff run ahead.

Sadly, no matter who the first round team is, it'll be a tough matchup. So, lets just hope they all beat the shit out of each other over the next week and come into the opening series a little staggered.

just show up tomorrow night for the pens..thanks
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

I detect you're becoming a huge Marty Turco fan, eh? :lol:

You guys need one point in 3 games to lock up the top seed ... no need to sweat this one out.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

I detect you're becoming a huge Marty Turco fan, eh? :lol:

You guys need one point in 3 games to lock up the top seed ... no need to sweat this one out.

he is playing??? oh lord