Boston Bruins

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Enjoy it, bitches! I'll be thinking of y'all.

Depending on how my night goes, may catch some of it on NESN tomorrow ... but, shit, I think it starts at 8 am.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    jmurray wrote:
    Parade anyone? 8-)

I wish I could be there but I'm in South Florida and just too far to go and i'm far too busy. I want a dvd of this championhip run.

it has been truly epic with the 3 7 game series wins.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Rolling Rally going on right now. Reports are that its the biggest turnout for any of the championships!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    jervin007 wrote:
    Rolling Rally going on right now. Reports are that its the biggest turnout for any of the championships!

Watching it on NESN with my morning coffee ... the crowds are insane.

Brad Marchand really needs to work on his rappin' skillz.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    congratulations Bruin fans !
    Its been some 7 years for the city of Boston !
    championships galore !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Congrats rivals!

If Tuna can put another few seasons at that level of play in you may yet win a few more!!
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Congrats Bruins, i was happy watching Kaberle hoist the cup over his head.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    kenshunt wrote:
    Fuck You Boston...In 2000 you promised that if you guys won anything you'd be better than New Yorkers. We were promised change but all we got is more of the same...albeit a more white, racist, and upper-class version of it. Fuck you straight to hell. Last night I got a text from a Sawx fan saying "what's it like to be outclassed". Fuck you all, why'd I marry into this bullshit podunk collective that watches their cackling NESN bitches. Alright, rage over, thanks Axman. Apologies and congrats to those who gave it their all rooting for a sport that people care about almost as much as WWE.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    Apparently over 1 million fans turned out for the parade :shock: That must be just about all the Bruin fans there is :lol: Marchand shouldn't even try to talk anymore :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Haters gonna hate ...

KTFOSEDIN.gif.pagespeed.ce.aR4VL0Mvuk.gif

RW81233 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:
    Fuck You Boston...In 2000 you promised that if you guys won anything you'd be better than New Yorkers. We were promised change but all we got is more of the same...albeit a more white, racist, and upper-class version of it. Fuck you straight to hell. Last night I got a text from a Sawx fan saying "what's it like to be outclassed". Fuck you all, why'd I marry into this bullshit podunk collective that watches their cackling NESN bitches. Alright, rage over, thanks Axman. Apologies and congrats to those who gave it their all rooting for a sport that people care about almost as much as WWE.

I hope you feel much better after that rant.

http://wgamthegame.com/wp-content/uploa ... Bruins.jpg

Love this idea before the games^^^^

bos_g_bsdrinkcup_576.jpg

The BRUINS still partying all ove New England.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f156/ ... bruins.jpg

One of the bar tabs^^^^ 8-)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    g under p wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

I hope you feel much better after that rant.

http://wgamthegame.com/wp-content/uploa ... Bruins.jpg

Love this idea before the games^^^^

bos_g_bsdrinkcup_576.jpg

The BRUINS still partying all ove New England.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f156/ ... bruins.jpg

One of the bar tabs^^^^ 8-)

Peace

thats the bar tab from foxwoods

the bottle of bubbly was 100,000
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ^^^^^^THAT'S how they party in TITLETOWN :D

Peace

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    g under p wrote:

Peace

oh wow foxwoods :? nothing better than that :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    g under p wrote:

Peace

oh wow foxwoods :? nothing better than that :lol:

NOTHING! especially when you win. :D

Peace

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Nice draft, at 6'5" Hamilton could be another big body on the blue line.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Benoit Pouliot signed 1year 1.5mil
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
    m0jorisen wrote:

Ryder replacement who went to Dallas. :? Maybe, this is his breakout year.
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    jmurray wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

Glad they didn't give Ryder the kind of money Dallas did. He was a frustrating player at times. Came up big in the playoffs. The Richards contract in NY is crazy WOW. The wrong side of 30 and he gets 9 years.
    Pats54 wrote:
    jmurray wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

Glad they didn't give Ryder the kind of money Dallas did. He was a frustrating player at times. Came up big in the playoffs. The Richards contract in NY is crazy WOW. The wrong side of 30 and he gets 9 years.
    You actually gave him more - 3 years at 4 million...
    Pouliot has talent, he just disappears for very VERY long stretches. I wouldn't count on anything from him, but if he can get on a hot streak he will be good for you.
    Wonder if Kaberle comes back? Hopefully, they get Marchand wrapped up.
    jmurray wrote:
    Marchand won't be going anywhere.
    Doesn't sound like too many people want Kaberle back.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Rygar wrote:
    Pouliot has talent, he just disappears for very VERY long stretches. I wouldn't count on anything from him, but if he can get on a hot streak he will be good for you.

So what your saying is we have another Michael Ryder.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:
    Marchand won't be going anywhere.
    Doesn't sound like too many people want Kaberle back.

Wouldn't surpirse me to see an offer sheet from another team on Marchand as an RFA, they'll bring him back regardless.

Karberle at less than last year's 4.25 mil would be worthwhile.

The only other question is what happens with Savard.
    Rygar wrote:

So what your saying is we have another Michael Ryder.
    Now with less goals!
    jmurray wrote:
    Wouldn't surpirse me to see an offer sheet from another team on Marchand as an RFA, they'll bring him back regardless.

Karberle at less than last year's 4.25 mil would be worthwhile.

The only other question is what happens with Savard.
    As a Habs fan it pains me to say I like Savard. The situation is a real shame.
    Kaberle to the Canes, 3 years 12.75 just too much for the B's I guess. Joe Corvo for a 4th rounder at 2.25 mil instead. Get Marchand signed and they're done for the off season, with cap room going in to the season.
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Glad they didn't give Ryder the kind of money Dallas did. He was a frustrating player at times. Came up big in the playoffs. The Richards contract in NY is crazy WOW. The wrong side of 30 and he gets 9 years.[/quote]
    You actually gave him more - 3 years at 4 million...
    Pouliot has talent, he just disappears for very VERY long stretches. I wouldn't count on anything from him, but if he can get on a hot streak he will be good for you.[/quote]

I agree Bruins gave him more from his past contract. I am saying that I am glad they didn't give him that kind of money again.
    Pats54 wrote:
    I agree Bruins gave him more from his past contract. I am saying that I am glad they didn't give him that kind of money again.
    That is pretty much what I felt when he left Montreal. I would have liked to have kept him, but not for 4 million (or even close lol!).
    Ah well.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    still champs

:)