Boston Bruins

Comments

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Let's hope the physical part of the Bruins game doesn't miss the flight to Vancouver.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    For the first time in many of our lifetimes, the Bruins are ONE WIN away from the Stanley Cup!

Take a moment and read that again.

Wow.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    restlesssoul is worried tonight. The Bruins are finally breaking through in Vancouver Wednesday. Luongo is shook and Thomas is in the zone.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Game 7 you fuckers.

dammit. wednesday its on.

I hope we show up.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    jimed14 wrote:
    For the first time in many of our lifetimes, the Bruins are ONE WIN away from the Stanley Cup!

Take a moment and read that again.

Wow.

Man I hope this comes through It HAS TO. I missed most of the 3rd period, prior to the game a stranger visited us yesterday. It shut down my bicycle ride home from work....RAIN for the first time sime March 10th my B-day. I slipped and knocked myself out on the garage floor...made it through the first 2 periods but the 3rd was a blur and a struggle.

I was lucky enough to witness parts of the 1970 SC season and all of the 1972 season back when the NHL had only 14 teams and just east and western divisions.

It's time the BRUINS take this....outside of the 04 Red Sox Championship THIS one on Wednesday will be one of the greatest BOSTON wins ever.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    g under p wrote:
    It's time the BRUINS take this....outside of the 04 Red Sox Championship THIS one on Wednesday will be one of the greatest BOSTON wins ever.
    Bigger than Pats-Rams?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    A little turn back the clock ... to late February ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    jmurray wrote:
    Nice win against Canucks last night.

Was a fantastic game on all fronts, they looked great. The Krejci, Lucic, Horton line is on fire.

Dominated the Oilers tonight as well, but, perhaps got tired late (2 western road games in 2 nights perhaps) and let them back in it. Still, a win.

It'll be huge if Rask can keep playing well and keep Thomas fresh. Not sure how that will work in the playoffs though.

... indeed, the Bruins can win in Vancouver as they did just a few months ago ...

Box score ---> http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2011022622

Of course, a few of the names have changed, but ... sounds like a good blueprint for tomorrow, eh?

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Amazing, gritty series.
    Both teams can hold their heads up after this 7th game is decided.
    Kudos !
    :thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    g under p wrote:
    Bigger than Pats-Rams?

ABSOLUTELY! Why because the Patriots have always been my fourth in Boston team sports history basically the bottom of the totem pole. While the BRUINS go back and forth with the Celtics so to me THIS Bruins championship would mean so much more with all the close calls and loses with the Canadians and everybody else. The Patriots first SB was great but it was a total surprise to me I just didn't expect that win damn thing.

I was a little kid in Boston when the Bruins last raised the Cup and I just want to see a Bruin SC victory in the modern era really really bad. I played the game both on ice and street andd it's really hard to me to win a Stanley Cup.....too maNY DAMN TEAMS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

That helps! :D
    I was just wondering where the hell is that BRUINS thread. Thanks JM

Peace

Save by Chara!
    Come on BRING that CUP home B's

Peace

Let's get out of the 2nd without giving one up.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Where is restlesssoul tonight? Kinda quiet. :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    g9802_u7192_stanley_cup.jpg

Nathan Horton ... IN UNIFORM on the ICE!!!!

• bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
    congrats bruins fans
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Congrats Boston Bruins!!! Yay!!! :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Hell yeah!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    NBC is not ready for the swearing.
    I hope there's a DVD of this series.

Peace

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    wait...mark recchi is still playing?? :shock: :lol: :wtf:
    www.myspace.com
    Goodnight I hope I can sleep tonight. :D

Peace everybody

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    no surprise this threads been dead quiet since the B's have been in an elimination situation.

what fans.

GO CANUCKS TONIGHT!

FUCKIN CUP COMING HOME TO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a Bruins fan, but...
    FuckYeah.jpg
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    jimed14 wrote:

wow! Just fucking wow after all these years!
    jmurray wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Dude, I'm so right there with you ...

... they put on the hats, the Stanley Cup Champion hats ... and there was a black and gold spoked B in the center of them.

Areyoufckignkiddingme????

• Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    NBC is not ready for the swearing.

Recchi with the Fuck YA
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    jimed14 wrote:
    jmurray wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Dude, I'm so right there with you ...

... they put on the hats, the Stanley Cup Champion hats ... and there was a black and gold spoked B in the center of them.

Areyoufckignkiddingme????

Beautiful hats. Can't believe this
    NHL network just showed ... prior to the game, Nathan Horton came out in sweats well before the game with a gatorade bottle and sprayed the Vancouver ice ... what with? With melted ice from Boston .... "oh, you guys saw that? Uh, just wanted to make sure we had a little piece of home here ... that this is our home."

Hilarious.