Boston Bruins

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    jmurray wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Got a feeling the Bruins Pro-shop is going to need to stock up on #19 jerseys.

The kid had a good night last night for sure!

I hate seeing him do so well lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Boston Globe makes it sound like Bergeron is in for Game 3 tonight. Just hope he isn't pushing it to get back too quickly.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jmurray wrote:
    Boston Globe makes it sound like Bergeron is in for Game 3 tonight. Just hope he isn't pushing it to get back too quickly.

So, who's out? Not Seguin (Boston would have Julien's head) ... Thornton? Lose a little toughness there.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

So, who's out? Not Seguin (Boston would have Julien's head) ... Thornton? Lose a little toughness there.

It would have to be Thornton I think, if Bergy does make it back.
    Big win! Bergeron looked good from the first faceoff.
    Playoff game at 10:30 in the morning. :?

Some aspects of west coast livin', I will just never get used to.

Anyway ...

41vk4flX7RL._SL160_.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    wow, crazy stick save by Thomas. :o
    shitting ...

my ...

pants!

:clap: empty netter! :D
    On to Wednesday ... let's seal this thing in Tampa!

• m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    what a stick save by Thomas
    he saved our butts last night
    5 more wins!
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    tumblr_lloie0h9Um1qci7aeo1_400.gif
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    To see Steve Downie on the bench after the game, all by himself, so dumbfounded ... it really told the story.

You *know* Downie had this play running through his mind more times than Max Von Sydow pondered Pele's bicycle kick goal in Victory.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Great game and win the other night.....time to get it done and finish this tonight.....TB is really a good team

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

3057046664_b3f51d70c9.jpg

I was typing earlier that I was nervous about this game and I have good reason TB 1-0 over the B's.

MAN, The Bruins are SO close.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

L :D U :D C :D I :D C :D ties it up, way to use the defenseman as a screen...that's much better....weather the Lighting storm.

Peace

I hate to say the refs are the reason the B's are losing but ...

Tampa's second goal came on a power play which was caused becuase the refs waived off an icing for ... I don't know why ... should have been an icing before the penalty.

the third Tampa goal came on a powerplay where Rich Peverley was called for interference for going towards the net and there was a good acting job on Tampa's part when there was some contact ... nothing more.

Bruins got to do a better job killing penalties, but those calls (or a non-icing call) really sizzle my bacon.

A lot of hockey left.

• Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    jimed14 wrote:
    I hate to say the refs are the reason the B's are losing but ...

Tampa's second goal came on a power play which was caused becuase the refs waived off an icing for ... I don't know why ... should have been an icing before the penalty.

the third Tampa goal came on a powerplay where Rich Peverley was called for interference for going towards the net and there was a good acting job on Tampa's part when there was some contact ... nothing more.

Bruins got to do a better job killing penalties, but those calls (or a non-icing call) really sizzle my bacon.

A lot of hockey left.

Not to mention allowing a goal when the opposing player is taking a nap in the back of the crease ( he was barely pushed there). The call on Seidenburg was bullshit as well. Boychuck was terrible last night as well. B's will blow game 7. It is too bad they went this far as I can't stand Jullian and now he will be back.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    B's making it tough on themselves by not being able to score on the PP
    polaris_x wrote:
    B's making it tough on themselves by not being able to score on the PP

Agreed taking shots off the half wall on the PP just isn't getting it done. Kaberle is also painful to watch. I never though he was good in Toronto not sure why the Hockey media types are in love with him. He is too deliberte in everything he does and hates to hit. Terrible defenseman hated the trade at the time hate it even more now. PP was terrible all year and it is finally going to bite them in the ass. Not to be too cynical they but will lose tomorrow. I have seen this too many times over the years. Hope I am wrong.
    Pats54 wrote:
    Kaberle is also painful to watch.

uuuuggggghhh ... I remember all the "he will quarterback the powerplay!!!" talk when we got him.

He's more like a fucking punter.

Game 7 on friday. need to ....

1) Not let Tampa score a minute into the fucking game
    2) Not let Tampa's powerplay get hot

and in honor of Derek Sanderson ...

3) if you score more goals than the other team, you're probably going to win the game

Ugh, it's not even 10 am and I'm feeling a bit nauseous.

jimed14 wrote:
    Pats54 wrote:
    Kaberle is also painful to watch.

uuuuggggghhh ... I remember all the "he will quarterback the powerplay!!!" talk when we got him.

He's more like a fucking punter.

Game 7 on friday. need to ....

1) Not let Tampa score a minute into the fucking game
    2) Not let Tampa's powerplay get hot

and in honor of Derek Sanderson ...

3) if you score more goals than the other team, you're probably going to win the game

Man I haven;t seen that in a long time...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... derson.jpg

...and he still has that mustache.

I was nervous before the 6th game and it will be worse tonight. I'm going to cycling class to work off the nervousness. :o

Peace

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    looking forward to a Game 7
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    they play tonight right, its going to be a gooder, hope Boston wins
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    I had to have a beer at lunch to calm the nerves ...

and you can't jsut have ONE beer.

Giddy up!

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Nothing like playoff game 7s.
    good luck B's fans , fellow original 6 fanatics/.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Nothing like playoff game 7s.
    good luck B's fans , fellow original 6 fanatics/.

Love game 7's, except when it involves my team. Too nerve wracking. As a hockey fan I think Vancouver vs. Boston is a much more compelling final.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Let's go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!