Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    Nice home win by the BRUINS today and they stay ahead of the Rangers in the march to the playoffs.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Nice win and shutout last night of the Thrashers and in 8th place for the playoffs. I will be done B's keep it up.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Congratulations for an awesome game the other night :thumbup: :clap: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Still in 8th place with 80 points for the playoffs but a power laden 5-0 victory over the Flames. Finally the power play comes alive with 3 tallies and 2 even strength goals. Another shutout with supreme goaltending from Tim Thomas as Flames head coach went balistic over calls or non calls.

Peace

• Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Good to see Savard in the building.
  • Options
    Will Tim Thomas play again this year after getting pulled last night against the Sabres?
  • Options
    Hopefully not,

I have stuck up for Timmy T all year but its clear right now Tuukka is the better goalie. Even though he won the Vezina last year, and the Bs will have to stick with him the next couple of years and hopefully he bounces back, in order for this team to go anywhere they will have to ride Rask. Hopefully he can get a few spot starts the rest of the way and perform like he did against Calgary. The team just plays better too in front of Rask (with the exception of maybe Wideman) and if they have a chance of getting out of the first round Rask will have to steal a couple of games for them to advance.
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    If the B's had about 3 Pavel Bure's in his prime, they would be doint a lot better than 8th place. No goal scorers = no advancement in playoffs. Has anyone hit 30 goals yet? 20???
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Hopefully not,

I have stuck up for Timmy T all year but its clear right now Tuukka is the better goalie. Even though he won the Vezina last year, and the Bs will have to stick with him the next couple of years and hopefully he bounces back, in order for this team to go anywhere they will have to ride Rask. Hopefully he can get a few spot starts the rest of the way and perform like he did against Calgary. The team just plays better too in front of Rask (with the exception of maybe Wideman) and if they have a chance of getting out of the first round Rask will have to steal a couple of games for them to advance.

I say trade Thomas and Bergeron to Tampa for Stamkhouse (the 45 goal scorer). Of course they'd want a pick too so maybe a 2nd rounder?
  • Options
    Yeah, theyve got a couple of 20 goal scorers, but agreed definitely lack of offense not goaltending has been the team's problem all year. If they could get Stamkos from Tampa that would be unbelievable but don't think it is going to happen since he is their best player and so young, Tampa will build their team around him. I think it will be tough to trade Thomas since they signed him for such a big deal, which looks stupid right now. They need to pick up a couple of goal scorers though. Maybe someone in the draft this year will help make them a contender again, because they are not that far away.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    no way Tampa trades Stamkos... especially to take on an overpriced contract.

It may be tough to move Thomas with that deal.... However, you guys are in luck. The move fits perfectly with the Flyers. I could see a Briere for Thomas deal happening this summer.
  • Options
    Good point, I would make that deal for Briere. There has to be other overpriced contracts out there for goal scorers as well where teams would take a chance on Thomas if they need a goalie, the guy did win the Vezina last year.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Good point, I would make that deal for Briere. There has to be other overpriced contracts out there for goal scorers as well where teams would take a chance on Thomas if they need a goalie, the guy did win the Vezina last year.
    Hey, worked for Jose Theodore ;)
  • Options
    Didn't see the whole game, but big OT win against the Devils.
  • Options
    Just a HUGE shutout road win.

Peace

• Options
    Something I did NOT know in hockey about the President's Cup.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Trophy.jpg

The President's Trophy team winner is given prize money of $350, 000 along with home ice through the 4 rounds of the playoffs. The money aspect I didn't know and that money I presume goes to the owner.

It can be a bit unlucky it appears as the winner many times is knocked out in the first round or only on 7 occasions wins the Stanley Cup. So Capital fans better be weary as they may face the BRUINS or The Canadiens in the first round.

Peace

• Options
    Didn't know cash came with the President's trophy either.

Can't wait to see how Joe Colborne does in the AHL and camp next year.
  • Options
    can anybody put the puck in the net?

Good to see Recchi speak out about the effort.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    g under p wrote:
    Something I did NOT know in hockey about the President's Cup.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Trophy.jpg

The President's Trophy team winner is given prize money of $350, 000 along with home ice through the 4 rounds of the playoffs. The money aspect I didn't know and that money I presume goes to the owner.

It can be a bit unlucky it appears as the winner many times is knocked out in the first round or only on 7 occasions wins the Stanley Cup. So Capital fans better be weary as they may face the BRUINS or The Canadiens in the first round.

Peace

isnt the presidents trophy winner never expected to win the cup?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Huge win and pick up of 2 points. Satan scoring both goals which will go alonng way in solidifying a playoff spot especially against the leafs. Who failed to move within a point of 14th in the conference of TB and the Panthers. Boston has Toronto's first round pick and it's looking good so far.

Peace

• Options
    Losing Seidenberg for the year is not good. Hopeful they can sign him.
  • Options
    Defenseman Wideman came up huge in this game as he has scored in consecutive games now. The playoffs are in the Bruins sites if they continue to play this well. With Montreal losing this one win was so needed.

peace

• Options
    Huge win for the B's. Good to see Wideman score, he's had a terrible year and the fans have not been kind.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    g under p wrote:
    Defenseman Wideman came up huge in this game as he has scored in consecutive games now. The playoffs are in the Bruins sites if they continue to play this well. With Montreal losing this one win was so needed.

peace
    Lol Montreal is gonna lose the next one too.
  • Options
    A Rangers regulation loss then the B's and Habs are both in.
  • Options
    wow, 3 shorthanded goals in 1:04, in the same penalty, to go up 3-0 to start the 2nd period.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    jmurray wrote:
    A Rangers regulation loss then the B's and Habs are both in.

so that didnt happen , yet .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    wow, 3 shorthanded goals in 1:04, in the same penalty, to go up 3-0 to start the 2nd period.

I thought there was a malfunction with my phone when I kept getting these scoring updates repeatedly. Awesome.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

I thought there was a malfunction with my phone when I kept getting these scoring updates repeatedly. Awesome.

Peace

New NHL record for 3 shorties in the same shift. Let's hope they hold on for the win and 7th place in the east.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

Peace

New NHL record for 3 shorties in the same shift. Let's hope they hold on for the win and 7th place in the east.

Yes let's hope they can hold it, but none the less they're in. If they do they can avoid the Caps then again with the Caps with the President's Trophy, the BRUINS could upset em....oh that would be sweet. Let the Jinx set in and what a great save of the empty netter could've tied the game.

Peace