What book are you reading?

Comments

• AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    I'm about to start reading Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's.
    I am mine!
  • AELARA wrote:
    awesome!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    AELARA wrote:
    awesome!!!!

and it shouldnt take long. sometimes i like that in a book.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - John LeCarre
    In anticipation of the movie :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - John LeCarre

theres a movie?? whos in the movie??? is it matt damon??? i think hed make an awesome tinker... whatever the hell that is. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Ender's Game
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    just got back from running some errands....
    while out, my wife called...asked what i was up to. i was @ target and was going to pick up a few things we needed + the new Stephen King book that i've been dying to read. she told me not to get it...i said why not? well, it looks like i'll have to wait to read it b/c my in-laws already bought me a copy for Christmas. whoops. ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Read that one and Smiley's People back when they were mini series with Alec Guinness. :oops: Great story. I'm looking forward to the movie too, Gary Oldham is such a versatile actor.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    edited November 2011
    Besides the Steve Jobs book I got on Saturday, got two more books today:

"Starting Over: The Making of John Lennon and Yoko Ono's Double Fantasy" by Ken Sharp
    "This Is a Call: The Life and Times of Dave Grohl" by Paul Brannigan

I can probably get through the John Lennon book before Thanksgiving break is over this week and then read the other two during winter break.
    Post edited by Newch91 on
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Steve Jobs
    Bought that Saturday. Looking forward to reading it during winter break.

http://www.theonion.com/video/apple-announces-plans-to-release-steve-jobs-2-full,26293/
    :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    ..."This Is a Call: The Life and Times of Dave Grohl" by Paul Brannigan

i read this one. it dovetailed very nicely into my seeing the nirvana:bringing punk to the masses exhibition recently.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - John LeCarre
    Read that one and Smiley's People back when they were mini series with Alec Guinness. :oops: Great story. I'm looking forward to the movie too, Gary Oldham is such a versatile actor.

yeah but hes no matt damon. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Newch91 wrote:

i read this one. it dovetailed very nicely into my seeing the nirvana:bringing punk to the masses exhibition recently.
    Nice!
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Nice!

if you get the chance you should check it out. i was in that place for frickedy hours. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Newch91 wrote:
    Nice!

if you get the chance you should check it out. i was in that place for frickedy hours. 8-)
    Is that the one in Seattle?
    Newch91 wrote:

thats the one.... at the EMP.

one of the pieces on display was kris novoselic's hank williams acoustic from unplugged. i saw ryan adams the following night at benaroya and lo! he had one with him on stage.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Newch91 wrote:

one of the pieces on display was kris novoselic's hank williams acoustic from unplugged. i saw ryan adams the following night at benaroya and lo! he had one with him on stage.
    Nice. I'm on the opposite side of the country, so I don't know how long that display will be.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    ender's game
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    11/22/63 by Stephen King

me too...wonderful read

Ack!!! Jealous! Got it in last week but I've already got 2 books to read before I can start it. Glad to hear it's awesome! (Of course it is, it's SK!)

I was in the middle of a few books when I got it, but all books get pushed aside when a new King book comes out! If you are a fan of how he references past works, you will love parts of 11/22/63. That is one of my favorite things about reading King.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Brewed Awakening by Joshua M. Berstien
    #FHP
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Nice. I'm on the opposite side of the country, so I don't know how long that display will be.

just so you know i was in massachusetts and went across to see it.... actually i went to seattle to see ryan adams just cause i could then i remembered about the exhibition. its on all through 2012.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    rrivers wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Ack!!! Jealous! Got it in last week but I've already got 2 books to read before I can start it. Glad to hear it's awesome! (Of course it is, it's SK!)

I was in the middle of a few books when I got it, but all books get pushed aside when a new King book comes out! If you are a fan of how he references past works, you will love parts of 11/22/63. That is one of my favorite things about reading King.

Oooh I think I just bumped the 3rd Song of Fire and Ice book out of the way...this will be my next one ;)

I have a book that came out a couple years ago, The Stephen King Encyclopedia, and it's all about all the correlations from each of his books. I still get the shivers when I read Insomnia and Patrick draws a picture of Roland. That's great stuff!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    As much as I love SK, I might recommend reading the 3rd Ice and Fire book first. That is one of the best books I think I've ever read and so much happens!

I'm a big fan of the correlations within his books too. Sometimes when he just mentions some briefly like a dog went rabid in Castle Rock a few years ago, it's a cool nod to his longtime readers. The links in this book are really good, but I don't want to spoil it for you.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I'm finishing Declan Hughes' City Of Lost Girls... the 5th in the Ed Loy series... so far not my favorite of the five.

Next up I am going to tackle Daniel Woodrell's The Bayou Trilogy... Thought I would give Country Noir a shot.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • i'm reading "I Hate You- Don't Leave Me, Understanding the Borderline Personality"....

don't ask, looooooong story..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I am really loving the John Lennon book. Can't put it down. It's in oral form, so you get direct quotes from John, Yoko, Jack Douglas, the musicians, and everyone else involved in the making of "Double Fantasy". Started it last night and it looks like I could be done with it tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Well, what can I say!
    Matt's a little young to be playing Smiley.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

Well, what can I say!
    Matt's a little young to be playing Smiley.

are you saying gary oldman is an old man??? ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i'm reading "I Hate You- Don't Leave Me, Understanding the Borderline Personality"....

don't ask, looooooong story..

ive got time. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • had yesterday off and out of boredom, read To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time since HS. What a great book.
    We were but stones your light made us stars