2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,619
    Life -Keith Richards

Same here- fascinating!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    "Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN" by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales. Fascinating read so far. Enjoying it. These guys are responsible for "Live from New York: The Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live," another fascinating read and one worth reading.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Im reading Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann and am actually hating ever page of it. I just cant get into it. And I read tons. But every once in a while you get that book that you cant get into.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    "Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN" by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales. Fascinating read so far. Enjoying it. These guys are responsible for "Live from New York: The Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live," another fascinating read and one worth reading.

My wife asked me what I wanted for father's day yesterday and I told her this book. I read the SNL book and it was really good. Fast read too with the oral history format.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    jervin007 wrote:
    A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin. Book four of the Game of Thrones series.

Once I finish it I am finally going to tackle The Dark Tower series. I have read the first three books, but never can find time to finish it due to school.

I started "A Storm of Swords" on Sunday right after finishing "A Clash of Kings". I'm loving it! I'm hoping to finish the first four by the time the fifth one comes out in July. Doubt I will but it will be fun to pick that one up when I am finished.

How do you like "Crows"? (Without giving anything away, please!) I've read that it's not as good as the first three but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

I read the Dark Tower series and enjoyed it, even though I was disappointed with the later books. There are cool things in all of them though. King's imagination is off the charts.
  • rrivers wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin. Book four of the Game of Thrones series.

Once I finish it I am finally going to tackle The Dark Tower series. I have read the first three books, but never can find time to finish it due to school.

I started "A Storm of Swords" on Sunday right after finishing "A Clash of Kings". I'm loving it! I'm hoping to finish the first four by the time the fifth one comes out in July. Doubt I will but it will be fun to pick that one up when I am finished.

How do you like "Crows"? (Without giving anything away, please!) I've read that it's not as good as the first three but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

I read the Dark Tower series and enjoyed it, even though I was disappointed with the later books. There are cool things in all of them though. King's imagination is off the charts.

Crows isn't as good as the others. A big part of that is that not all the characters feature in the book, most noticable is Tyrion. I think it just lacks a little something. I'm sure the next book will be a return to form though.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    rrivers wrote:

My wife asked me what I wanted for father's day yesterday and I told her this book. I read the SNL book and it was really good. Fast read too with the oral history format.

It's basically the same format which I like. Reads quickly. I've always heard about the amount of debauchery that occurred in that place, but I am amazed at some of the stuff that went on there.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Just finished Seal Team Six by Howard Wasdin. Now either starting Blood, Bones and Butter or The Final Testament of the Holy Bible by James Frey.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

smarchee wrote:
    Where Men Win Glory - Jon Krakauer

Love this book! The coverup is mind-blowing. Krakauer is my all-time favorite author! Have you read Under the Banner of Heaven? He (and his book) beget my fascination with polygamists.

EmBleve wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    Scar Tissue Anthony Kiedis
    Excellent read, I thought. I felt like i was high when he was high in the book, and low when he was low.
    I agree, it was excellent. It was much better than I thought it would be. Quite entertaining.

Yeah, I agree. Didn't expect Kiedis to be such a great writer! LOL Although, I guess I probably shouldn't be surprised...I mean he does write lyrics.

• guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Just started The Lovely Bones. If I had known a little about it I might not have started it. I try to stay away from books that increase my parental paranoia. I had heard the title and knew it was made into a movie, but had no idea what it was about. I found it at a thrift store, its the hard cover without the book jacket. So I just started reading. Well now my daughters are wondering why I no longer make them walk home from school and offer to pick them up...even on sunny days.
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    guitar59 wrote:
    Just started The Lovely Bones. If I had known a little about it I might not have started it. I try to stay away from books that increase my parental paranoia. I had heard the title and knew it was made into a movie, but had no idea what it was about. I found it at a thrift store, its the hard cover without the book jacket. So I just started reading. Well now my daughters are wondering why I no longer make them walk home from school and offer to pick them up...even on sunny days.

Hey! I told you exactly what that book was about. Granted it was after a few glasses (bottles?) of wine. :D
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    rcs wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:

Hey! I told you exactly what that book was about. Granted it was after a few glasses (bottles?) of wine. :D
    I have no recollection of that conversation...must have been the night we drank a few bottles...I am enjoying the book...just acting a little paranoid...
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    The Hollow Hills
    By Mary Stewart
    Just finished

A devil on on shoulder and an angel on the other.
    By Greg Prato (story of Shannon Hoon and Blind Melon)

Great book if you like the Melon!!
    See you in Vancouver!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

RobbyD462 wrote:
    The Hollow Hills
    By Mary Stewart
    Just finished

I remember having to read "The Crystal Cave" in 8th grade. I liked it a lot and have been meaning to read the whole trilogy for years. I even think there is a 4th book out too.
  • None Too Fragile.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    The Solitude of Prime Numbers
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Just finished The Invisible Man
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Dharma Punks by Noah Levine
    The Ancestor's Tale - Richard Dawkins
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Just finished "Brewing Up A Business" by Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head Brewery. It was really interesting! :thumbup:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • The Time Machine - H.G Wells
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Last week I read Hyperion, The Fall of Hyperion, Endymion and The Rise of Endymion all by Dan Simmons. Absolutely fantastic, all of them. Although I have to admit that a lot of the science stuff went right over my head ;) :ugeek: Despite that, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story in any way whatsoever :)

Currently reading The Hollow Man also by Dan Simmons.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    The Well at World's End. other than being old english its a pretty good book. modern fantasy just seems so cliche to me. the game of thrones stuff is great but everything else i feel disappointed with.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Slam by Nick Hornby. I love that guy.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    Solar - Ian McEwan
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Slam by Nick Hornby. I love that guy.

Nick Hornby is god.

I just started Game of Thrones. It's fun, but how many more do I have to read...