yeah, that was a good episode!!
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Great episode. Dwight is so funny.

"Did Michael Hit A Deer?"
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    I am now chopping off Phyllis' head with a chainsaw!
  • Options
    Awesome episode! Definitely worth the wait.

I love the Dwight/Pam moment when he is comforting Pam.
    “who did this to you, where is he?” And he takes his coat off......and wraps it around his waist and makes the comment about PMS.

Hilarious!

Kevin taking home the picture because he doesn't have much art!

Totally did not expect Jan's kiss! Still don't quite get that relationship even though they were trying to explain it in tonight's episode. What is she thinking? Why would she risk it all for Michael??

Also, I'm so glad Hannah is gone.
  • Options
    I must admit I am new to The Office. I got the season 2 DVD for X-mas and season 1 is on its way. But in reality I only like 75% of the show. I hate all the Jim/Pam shit. Jim says the wrong shit at the worst time. And Pam is crying in the new episode? Give me a break. I hope she doesn't get back with Roy. Michael is the best thing about the show.

Gimme my baby back baby back baby back Gimmie my baby back baby back baby back...

CHILI'S BABY BACK RIBS!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Just when I thought this show couldn't get any funnier.....it kicks my ass all over again! Tonights episode was fucking hysterical! When Dwight said to Pam "So you're PMS'ing pretty bad, huh?" I lost it!!! How can they take a moment with Pam crying over Jim on the couch...and then throw Dwight in with what seemed to be an uncharacteristic moment for him....and then have him say that was so funny!!
  • Options
    guess i'm alone, but i can't believe you guys thought that was a good episode. it was one of the stupidest storylines they've had to date and the show went nowhere. i kept waiting for something funny to happen and it never did.

i need to watch season 1 to remember how good this show was when it started.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I enjoyed the show, but did not think it was one of the best.

I couldn't quit laughing while watching Earl.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i'll say without doubt the show is great, but if you havent seen the british original version, then watch it. it is infinitely better! gervais and merchant are so good at what they do.
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    I enjoyed the show, but did not think it was one of the best.

I couldn't quit laughing while watching Earl.

Yeah, Earl was hilarious last night. The whole Cops in Camden county idea was great!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, Earl was hilarious last night. The whole Cops in Camden county idea was great!

One of the funniest: when Randy was stuck up in the tree and the cop said they sent a couple of guys up to get him but they got bit. Then they got the tranquilizer gun and a trampoline. Randy fell out onto the trampoline, but then bounced onto the ground.

Oh yeah, and the starpwr drunk driver.... was that really somebody famous?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    One of the funniest: when Randy was stuck up in the tree and the cop said they sent a couple of guys up to get him but they got bit. Then they got the tranquilizer gun and a trampoline. Randy fell out onto the trampoline, but then bounced onto the ground.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uom00FNxdo

It was definitely a funny hour of t.v. last night.
    duggro wrote:
    i'll say without doubt the show is great, but if you havent seen the british original version, then watch it. it is infinitely better! gervais and merchant are so good at what they do.
    I've watched the first six episodes of the original version, and I have to say I like the American one better. It's probably because we've had 30+ episodes for character building and to love the show and its characters, but I like the American supporting cast so much better. Also, Pam is so much more adorable and likeable than her British counterpart, Dawn. Dawn is boring. I will say, though, while I absolutely adore Carrell, Gervais creates so much more awkward and uncomfortable moments. I love it! I really like Gareth, but he has nothing on Dwight. Dwight is in a league of his own. :) I'd like to watch the remaining six episodes and the Christmas special from the original version. Perhaps my opinion would change.

It's kind of weird how the two versions are so similar, yet so different. They're awesome!
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    guess i'm alone, but i can't believe you guys thought that was a good episode. it was one of the stupidest storylines they've had to date and the show went nowhere. i kept waiting for something funny to happen and it never did.

nope im with you. the fact that i went "awww" more times than i laughed is a clear and present danger. not ok. i too am going back to season 1 and 2... you can all have season 3
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448

You need to stick to the British version, then. The entire first season was copied from the British "Office".
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    You need to stick to the British version, then. The entire first season was copied from the British "Office".

I haven't seen the British version yet myself, but everything I've ever read said that only the 1st episode of the US version was a remake of the British version, and that the remaining episodes were all original.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    mca47 wrote:
    How did I miss Earl last night? I wonder why my DVR didn't record it???
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    How did I miss Earl last night? I wonder why my DVR didn't record it???

Earl was great last night. havent laughed that hard in a long time. "Owwww, i skinned my pecker"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    blackngold wrote:
    Earl was great last night. havent laughed that hard in a long time. "Owwww, i skinned my pecker"

Yeah, it was hilarious!!
    :)
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    well yeah. everyone knows the british version was better. i was just talking about the us version.

and if you guys thought earl was funny, did you watch scrubs? that trumped earl AND the office.
  • Options
    I was very apprehensive about the us version when it first aired. I was a HUGE fan of the british version and thought that there was NO WAY the us version would even compare. Surprisingly, the Americans did just as well and I love the supporting cast members much more.
    But the first season is my least favorite season just because it is the exact same as the british down to the same lines.
    And the brits did it better.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uom00FNxdo

It was definitely a funny hour of t.v. last night.

I've watched the first six episodes of the original version, and I have to say I like the American one better. It's probably because we've had 30+ episodes for character building and to love the show and its characters, but I like the American supporting cast so much better. Also, Pam is so much more adorable and likeable than her British counterpart, Dawn. Dawn is boring. I will say, though, while I absolutely adore Carrell, Gervais creates so much more awkward and uncomfortable moments. I love it! I really like Gareth, but he has nothing on Dwight. Dwight is in a league of his own. :) I'd like to watch the remaining six episodes and the Christmas special from the original version. Perhaps my opinion would change.

It's kind of weird how the two versions are so similar, yet so different. They're awesome!

each to their own and all that:) but i disagree so strongly about dawn and gareth (pam and dwight). I feel dwight is just an unreal version of gareth, far too exaggerated, and I really struggle to like pam whereas I couldnt help but love little dawn

oh well, its all a matter of personal taste
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I am now chopping off Phyllis' head with a chainsaw!

:D

I thought the episode was pretty funny. One of the better ones of the season. But the Jim/Pam/Karen drama is spiraling downhill quality-wise. I felt like vomiting when they showed Pam crying. And not in a "oh, poor Pam" kind of way. More like a "why the hell is this in the show?" kind of way.

Pam's character used to be sexy in a realistic kind of way. Now she's just overly nice and lacking any real cleverness to her. Yuck.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    But the Jim/Pam/Karen drama is spiraling downhill quality-wise. I felt like vomiting when they showed Pam crying. And not in a "oh, poor Pam" kind of way. More like a "why the hell is this in the show?" kind of way.

agreed.
    DOSW wrote:
    Pam's character used to be sexy in a realistic kind of way. Now she's just overly nice and lacking any real cleverness to her. Yuck.

agreed :)
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Oh yeah, and the starpwr drunk driver.... was that really somebody famous?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0821048/
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I thought the episode was good...I really wasn't expecting things to turn out like they did...as for Earl...that show isn't too funny anymore. I didnt find that episode funny at all.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    As much as MANY people enjoy the Pam/Jim dynamic, and now the Pam/Jim/Karen dynamic, I personally DO NOT. Its way too much of a Ross/Rachel thing. They take an off the wall comedy that is always outlandish, and then it gets serious for those few moments. Granted if thats why part of the viewers tune in, I can see why the writers put it in there. But personally I'd rather see more of Kevin and Creed.
  • Options
    As much as MANY people enjoy the Pam/Jim dynamic, and now the Pam/Jim/Karen dynamic, I personally DO NOT. Its way too much of a Ross/Rachel thing. They take an off the wall comedy that is always outlandish, and then it gets serious for those few moments. Granted if thats why part of the viewers tune in, I can see why the writers put it in there. But personally I'd rather see more of Kevin and Creed.

Exactly. I know they write that cheesy shit in there for viewers, but I really only tune in to see Steve Carrell. Michael is the fucking man.
  • Options
    Exactly. I know they write that cheesy shit in there for viewers, but I really only tune in to see Steve Carrell. Michael is the fucking man.

Carrell is why I started watching in the first place. But Dwight is hilarious. Overdone most definitely, but still hilarious. And even though Kevin and Creed only get a line or two each episode, they almost always deliver with something fantastic each time.
  • Options
    I think Kevin and Creed are used just right. Too much of them would hurt them