Breaking up.......

present_tensepresent_tense Posts: 121
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey there folks

I hate to make posts like this, but at the same time, I love hearing what you ladies and gents have to say.

I broke up with my girlfriend three weeks ago. We dated for about a year. Ive never been in love with someone like i was with her. We ended on good terms. There were too many conflicting things that just wouldnt make us work, specifically our age difference. Anyway. Im looking forward to being single, and cant wait to see what the future has in store, good or bad. For the most part im doing good, but there are days when I miss her so badly. I know ill always remember her and what we had till the day I die, but Im just curious, how long does it take for all these feelings to slowly dicipate, so I can think of her and just remember the good times, and not miss her so much? I know time heals a lot, but this is driving me a bit nuts.
the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• korbykorby Posts: 298
    i hate4 your words

I HATE THEM .

thats my 2 cents. im numb
    its ok
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Hey there folks

I hate to make posts like this, but at the same time, I love hearing what you ladies and gents have to say.

I broke up with my girlfriend three weeks ago. We dated for about a year. Ive never been in love with someone like i was with her. We ended on good terms. There were too many conflicting things that just wouldnt make us work, specifically our age difference. Anyway. Im looking forward to being single, and cant wait to see what the future has in store, good or bad. For the most part im doing good, but there are days when I miss her so badly. I know ill always remember her and what we had till the day I die, but Im just curious, how long does it take for all these feelings to slowly dicipate, so I can think of her and just remember the good times, and not miss her so much? I know time heals a lot, but this is driving me a bit nuts.

Oh this is sad :(
    You can't put a specific time frame on things... its different for everybody..I read somewhere it takes about 1/2 the time you were together...

Preoccupy yourself with other things to distract you and take your mind off it..

It'll be ok. Hang in there.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    UUHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG

wha
    its ok
  • korby wrote:
    i hate4 your words

I HATE THEM .

thats my 2 cents. im numb

thanks
  • are you remaining friends? or just contacts? or completely out of each other's lives?

Im sure that plays a part.

It should hurt for awhile but when it starts to fade, it goes pretty quick for me once it starts to fade.

My recent one I got over, although not 100% i dont think but maybe, 4-6 months later(depending at what point of the relationship you look at

Hang in thurrrr pal
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Maybe you should live in the present tense, and fuck that ho...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • austinaustin Posts: 10
    If you honestly love someone, the conflicts don't matter.
  • The Champ wrote:
    Maybe you should live in the present tense, and fuck that ho...

Is that literally, or figuratively speaking?!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
    hes a literate
    its ok
  • i just broke uo this past wednesday and feel both good and bad at different intervals of the day.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • austin wrote:
    If you honestly love someone, the conflicts don't matter.

i dont believe that crap
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • i just broke uo this past wednesday and feel both good and bad at different intervals of the day.

wow, yes, its just like that!! the day starts out good, then i have some severe nostalgia, then it gets good again, its like a freaking rollercoaster. ugh. Ah well, just gotta wait it out. Hey, thanks to those posting, I appreciate it. It helps knowing that other people have gone thru this stuff.
  • HerboHerbo Posts: 63
    You need girlfreinds. Plural.
    That way you can just cut from the herd or add to it as you need to.

but seriously..
    I lost my girl earlier this year.... It was like loosing an arm. It was a 15 yr relationship.

In time the pain will go away, but you always wish you still had that hand.

So now I see things slightly differently and live by these rules....

Find em, feed em, fuckem, get em to clean the house, fuckem off.

Its very empowering.
    Take a bottle drink it down..... pass it around !
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    Sometimes, you never fully get over a person, but, and I hate the cliche, time heals all wounds and at least makes it tolerable. I've had that feeling for a few years and it still isn't easy, but if you keep your distance and move on with your life, at some point, the missing the person part will lessen and eventually you'll find someone you can share your life with without the doubt and complications. You'll then look back and see it wasn't right for you, no matter how much you loved the person. As you've already figured out, "love" doesn't mean you're meant to be with someone. Finding out who you are is an exilharating experience and being single is actually a really great thing, especially if you're happy with YOU. Hang in there. It DOES get better.

p.s. I'd be careful with "rebounds". Those girls will only end up getting hurt if you go that route and it's simply a way of numbing yourself of your feelings. Give your heart time to recover and you won't break anyone else's in the process. The emotions of others aren't something that should ever be toyed with or used for personal gain.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • wow, thanks a lot, you guys/gals have really helped me, more then you know.
  • peepspeeps Posts: 79
    fuck her sister.
  • breaking up is hard to do, but my guess is a year and a half
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I know how you feel, I broke up with my girlfriend a couple days go and have been in tears ever since, non stop throughout the day, and as you say remebering the good times makes it harder, makes you cry harder, im crying as a i write this, my eyes are red raw, I too havnt felt so much for anyone as much as her, it hurts, we also ended on good terms and are gonna remain friends, its gonna take a long time to get over her, but i still want her in my life. We just gotta hang in there
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • I know how you feel, I broke up with my girlfriend a couple days go and have been in tears ever since, non stop throughout the day, and as you say remebering the good times makes it harder, makes you cry harder, im crying as a i write this, my eyes are red raw, I too havnt felt so much for anyone as much as her, it hurts, we also ended on good terms and are gonna remain friends, its gonna take a long time to get over her, but i still want her in my life. We just gotta hang in there

Glad to know im not alone!!! True, I guess we just hang in there with hope that the pain goes away
    Glad to know im not alone!!! True, I guess we just hang in there with hope that the pain goes away

Yeah, its gonna be hard for me coz i suffer with depression and my mind is very frail at the moment, and im over sensitive, but still gotta try hang in there

how young is too much younger for a man to date. when he is ready to start dating again

cuz i was thinking about 10 years younger than me
    its ok
    korby wrote:
    how young is too much younger for a man to date. when he is ready to start dating again

cuz i was thinking about 10 years younger than me

Within reason age never matters, if you like the person you go for it

i think im over it. i know its been a short time. but i have a new love interest. Jessica Bersaigi
    its ok
    korby wrote:
    i think im over it. i know its been a short time. but i have a new love interest. Jessica Bersaigi

Well its good to see someone who can get over it quickly....!!!

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Well like everyone said you can't put a timeframe on it... it all depends on what happens now! I guess a couple of months MINIMUM but if you're the kinda person to stay stuck in the past and not try to move on you could be talking about a year or two :o

Any of my relationships have only been a few months but they still took a while to get over. The last one, we pretty much cut all contact when it ended and I think that hurt even more knowing I'd probably never see him again. The one before that, we stayed friends, but I don't think that was good for him as he couldn't really move on.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm great at break-ups... but then i only truly love myself... and i cant break up with myself :)

i'm going to treat myself to some lovin tonight :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Yeah, its gonna be hard for me coz i suffer with depression and my mind is very frail at the moment, and im over sensitive, but still gotta try hang in there

I remember briefly meeting you at Brixton Academy (hope I've got the right person!); you seemed like a great bloke and I'm sorry to hear about this. Just want to say I have been where you are now (at least twice), have survived and come out smiling. So I promise you will too; it doesn't seem like it now, but hang on in there. I'm here if you want to chat or anything.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    I broke up with a girl who I deeply loved about three weeks ago now. It's 3:50AM, and I still can't sleep... This still happens to me most nights. My appetite is back, and I spend less time weaping, but this is still a terrible thing to go through.

Anyway, my heart is there with you, friend.
    rock musik rockar röv.
    geez, im going throught the same thing. i havnt slept in days and or eaten. but i got family coming soon to help.

i really want to say more on the topic. its troubling to say the least. i just dont know what to do. do i take her back and forgive her. or move on. nevermind she still hasnt told her family the trueth about our break up yet
    its ok
    so i am still awake. and reeling. i sent her a long letter expressing some of my feelings. fuck what im i gonna do. this is brutal
    its ok