Breaking up.......

Comments

• vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    korby wrote:
    so i am still awake. and reeling. i sent her a long letter expressing some of my feelings. fuck what im i gonna do. this is brutal

I'm sorry you're feeling badly. That type of pain is horrible. It seems you have only two choices: A. forgive her and work it out or B. move on and work toward getting over it which means you must distance yourself. You need to figure out just how important she is to you and whether or not you want to be without her. It's easy to fall back into the familiar when you don't want to feel the sadness and pain of losing someone. If she isn't right for you, the best thing you can do is let go and deal with the pain. It WILL pass.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    thats what im feeling. and the fact i am still awake at this hour proves i havnt made any conclusions yet. i need closure first .before ican move on or forgive
    its ok
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    korby wrote:
    so i am still awake. and reeling. i sent her a long letter expressing some of my feelings. fuck what im i gonna do. this is brutal

Brutal is right, I cant believe it, the minute I wake up, im crying. Im getting worse
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Brutal is right, I cant believe it, the minute I wake up, im crying. Im getting worse

go see someone, a friend or a family member... it will get easier dude...

i'll let you beat me at a wrestle if it'll cheer ye up!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    go see someone, a friend or a family member... it will get easier dude...

i'll let you beat me at a wrestle if it'll cheer ye up!!!

I dont really have anyone I can talk to, no one knows i feel like this.I havnt left the house not even my room for days. Not even a wrestle would cheers me up rigfht nowe.

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I dont really have anyone I can talk to, no one knows i feel like this.I havnt left the house not even my room for days. Not even a wrestle would cheers me up rigfht nowe.
    Well that's not good :( there has to be ONE person you can tell? I know it's probably tougher for guys to speak their mind... but at least spill it here or send me a pm if you don't want it being so public. It's too hard to go through alone.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Well that's not good :( there has to be ONE person you can tell? I know it's probably tougher for guys to speak their mind... but at least spill it here or send me a pm if you don't want it being so public. It's too hard to go through alone.

i have people to spill my guts to just not in real life, its not hard for me to speak my mind, or let them know how im feeling, i know a few depressed people shame just not in real life:(

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Hey there folks

I hate to make posts like this, but at the same time, I love hearing what you ladies and gents have to say.

I broke up with my girlfriend three weeks ago. We dated for about a year. Ive never been in love with someone like i was with her. We ended on good terms. There were too many conflicting things that just wouldnt make us work, specifically our age difference. Anyway. Im looking forward to being single, and cant wait to see what the future has in store, good or bad. For the most part im doing good, but there are days when I miss her so badly. I know ill always remember her and what we had till the day I die, but Im just curious, how long does it take for all these feelings to slowly dicipate, so I can think of her and just remember the good times, and not miss her so much? I know time heals a lot, but this is driving me a bit nuts.

im a year out from my last relationship of very similar circumstances. about a year of dating, very much in love, but our age difference was a problem (i was older). we didnt end on good terms though. but the feelings have mostly dissipated. i think of her now and again and miss her occasionally, but that's about as far as it goes. so id say a year at most and you should be good. from what i've heard, a good rule of thumb is half the time you were dating. and if you ended on good terms then maybe it will be sooner. just dont talk to her for a good long while. a solid 6 months or so. otherwise you will be shocked by how much you suddenly care when you hear she's with someone else.
    but i still want her in my life.

terrible idea man. TERRIBLE. you're going to drag it out and make yourself totally fucking miserable. cut off contact until you're fucked two other women. it sounds harsh, but it's true. we all need to rebound. you hook up with 2 other girls and realize you've still got it and can meet women and have them like you and there will no doubt be others who will probably make you as happy or happier as the ex. everyone needs to do this. women do it, men do it. go out there, stop talking to your ex, and find yourself back to back flings. then you're allowed to talk to the ex. but only then.
    korby wrote:
    how young is too much younger for a man to date. when he is ready to start dating again

cuz i was thinking about 10 years younger than me

if you're 23, then her being 10 years younger is too young. if you're 28, you need to nail as many 18 year olds as you can while you can still get ass that hot.
  • Oopsy. Wrong thread!

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
    i have people to spill my guts to just not in real life, its not hard for me to speak my mind, or let them know how im feeling, i know a few depressed people shame just not in real life:(

maybe you should go see a psychiatrist. this doesn't sound normal. or they can put you into a group setting. or maybe try co-dependents anonymous. you'll either get over the crippling need to have someone else to feel ok with you, or you'll find an equally desperate chick to rebound with.
    maybe you should go see a psychiatrist. this doesn't sound normal. or they can put you into a group setting. or maybe try co-dependents anonymous. you'll either get over the crippling need to have someone else to feel ok with you, or you'll find an equally desperate chick to rebound with.

Ive been offered therapy i just dont want to go through with it, and the only think im desperate about is gettin her back, and I dont do rebounds.

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

From my experience, the most important and helpful thing for me was just spending time with other people. I know its hard, but just being around other people, just in a social setting will distract you and make things easier. The more you are alone with yourself, the more times you will go over and over, analyzing everything that happened. This is not a good place to be.
    Even if you can't talk to someone else about what's going on, its just important to be around other people.
    I hope that things start to get better for you soon.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    Ive been offered therapy i just dont want to go through with it, and the only think im desperate about is gettin her back, and I dont do rebounds.
    Ya know there's nothing wrong with therapy? I'm sure we'd all rather NOT go but if you're waking up every day crying, what harm can it do? :o Nobody needs to know. I went to family therapy before (only a few sessions) thinking it was a bit gay and American but it really really helped. I wouldn't just write it off so quickly.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ya know there's nothing wrong with therapy? I'm sure we'd all rather NOT go but if you're waking up every day crying, what harm can it do? :o Nobody needs to know. I went to family therapy before (only a few sessions) thinking it was a bit gay and American but it really really helped. I wouldn't just write it off so quickly.

I just dont see how it can help :( what can I say..Im diabetic, im depressed, ive just lost my girlfriend, thats it:(

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I just dont see how it can help :( what can I say..Im diabetic, im depressed, ive just lost my girlfriend, thats it:(

I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes talking things out with someone else can really just help the healing process. To be honest, I've been to a couple of shrinks before, and its never really helped me that much, and so I can understand why you'd be skeptical. But, on the other hand, both my parents are shrinks (psychologist and social worker), and from what they've spoken about, they have really helped a lot of people out of depression.
    The thing is, you have to want to get help for it to work.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    Well you'd be surprised... I was completely against going too although I had absolutely no choice in the matter if I wanted to stay out of jail :rolleyes:

But I was really really surprised, my sister too, we both came away feeling much more normal and understanding that there was a good chance we WEREN'T to blame :)

What ya got to lose? You're feeling sorry for yourself, we've all been there. I suppose it's not a nice place to be but sometimes we need a good cry and that gets it out of our system. If it's not working, it DOES help to talk about it. I think that's where women are luckier in that respect. We'll talk about our problems to anyone who'll listen, no matter how mundane they are. Men don't normally have that priviledge :( .
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Well you'd be surprised... I was completely against going too although I had absolutely no choice in the matter if I wanted to stay out of jail :rolleyes:

But I was really really surprised, my sister too, we both came away feeling much more normal and understanding that there was a good chance we WEREN'T to blame :)

What ya got to lose? You're feeling sorry for yourself, we've all been there. I suppose it's not a nice place to be but sometimes we need a good cry and that gets it out of our system. If it's not working, it DOES help to talk about it. I think that's where women are luckier in that respect. We'll talk about our problems to anyone who'll listen, no matter how mundane they are. Men don't normally have that priviledge :( .

OK il guess il go book a session to see how it is, I must be a woman too then coz il talk to anyone that will listen. oh no

then you're fucked man. suck it up, swallow your pride, and get some help. depression isn't something to play around with and there is no shame in getting help with it. she's not coming back man. you're going to make yourself as miserable a piece of shit as me if you keep believing that and staying in contact with her. everyone does rebounds. you need to regain your confidence and realize this girls is not venus or the blessed mother mary. she's a girl. a great one, no doubt, and one you loved, but she is not the be all and end all of your existence.
    OK il guess il go book a session to see how it is, I must be a woman too then coz il talk to anyone that will listen. oh no

yeah, you are ya pansy ;)

im just messing. go into it with an open mind. even if it doesn't pan out, be willing to be honest and to listen. it's a rough thing to go through but i was also in very dire straits when my last ex ripped my heart out last spring. i'd not have survived if i didn't have some sort of therapy. i mean that. depression is not something to take lightly. your thinking can get very screwy and you don't realize how far off the beam you are.

this, i've got to hear... im going to ask you after you've gotten bombed at lolla. that's how i ended up dealing with my mental health issues. though i still had to spend some time in jail ;)
    :D well no, not quite, you said you won't talk to anyone in 'real life', just here. Here helps but it's also good to have someone in 'real life' too :o

Just go to 3 sessions... don't give up after 1. If you still feel it's useless after 3, then I'll believe ya and leave ya alone :) . I'm glad you're deciding to go for it. What harm can it do?

Soulsinging, I'll have no problem telling ya :) ... it's just something I won't mention here.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

i feel for you man. i havnt eaten a meal in 1-2 maby 3 days. i guess things work themseves out blabla, write a country song. fuck i dunno man. i think were in the same shit
    its ok
    :D well no, not quite, you said you won't talk to anyone in 'real life', just here. Here helps but it's also good to have someone in 'real life' too :o

Just go to 3 sessions... don't give up after 1. If you still feel it's useless after 3, then I'll believe ya and leave ya alone :) . I'm glad you're deciding to go for it. What harm can it do?

Soulsinging, I'll have no problem telling ya :) ... it's just something I won't mention here.

hit me with a pm then... we can swap police stories.
    then you're fucked man. suck it up, swallow your pride, and get some help. depression isn't something to play around with and there is no shame in getting help with it. she's not coming back man. you're going to make yourself as miserable a piece of shit as me if you keep believing that and staying in contact with her. everyone does rebounds. you need to regain your confidence and realize this girls is not venus or the blessed mother mary. she's a girl. a great one, no doubt, and one you loved, but she is not the be all and end all of your existence.

i thought she was. i hope my dad gets over here soon with food. im starving
    its ok
    korby wrote:
    i thought she was. i hope my dad gets over here soon with food. im starving

yeah, i've been there. but reality has a way of changing that. with your age thing... how old are you that you're into a girl 10 years younger? odds aren't good on that if she's still in college.

I said I DONT have anyone to talk to not WONT. Id rather have someone to talk to in reallife whos going through the same thing than a shrink, wouldnt have a problem with that:)

ok. heres the thing

your buddys tell u they seen a duck in your property. but I never see it. and she says she didnt see it. and none of her girlfriends seen it. but my best pals do. and I get home early one day to see this duck flying away from your nieghborhood. and I start noticing duck prints. and she still says theres nothing on the property. then you LOOSE it . and she tells you your crazy, depressed, paranoid,whatever. so do all her galfriends. so tell me. do you think there was a duck ?

or am i crazy,schitzoid out of my mind?
    its ok
    I said I DONT have anyone to talk to not WONT. Id rather have someone to talk to in reallife whos going through the same thing than a shrink, wouldnt have a problem with that:)
    Well yeh that's true... but do you have someone going through the same thing?

Korby :eek: :confused: what if there IS a duck? Also, could your friends be playing a joke on ya?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life