Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    When I'm dating I look at a guy and wonder, "Is this the man i want my children to spend their weekends with?"
    ~ Rita Rudner

Let's face it, a date is like a job interview that lasts all night. The only difference between the two is that there are very few job interviews where there's a chance you will end up naked at the end of it.
    ~ Jerry Seinfeld

Personally, I think if a woman hasn't met the right man by the time she's 24, she may be lucky.
    ~ Deborah Kerr

A gril can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.
    ~ Cher

I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was "You'll never find anyone like me again!" I'm thinking, "I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you?"
    ~ Larry Miller

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.
    ~ Mae West

In Hollywood a marriage is a great success if it outlasts milk.
    ~ Rita Rudner
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other never forgets them.
    ~ Ogden Nash

Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three-meals-a-day and remembering to carry out the trash.
    ~ Joyce Brothers

A successful marriage requires falling in love several times, always with the same person.
    ~ Mignon McLaughlin

If marriage is your object, you'd better start loving your subject.
    ~ Anonymous

All marriages are happy. It's trying to live together afterwards that causes all the problems.
    ~ Shelley Winters

There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.
    ~ Clint Eastwood

An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
    ~ Agatha Christie
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    kasiekasie Posts: 26
    Read my sig.....
  • Options
    "I just want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet." Buzz Lightyear
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    twin2twin2 Posts: 894
    "In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer". - Albert Camus

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction". - Antoine de Saint Exupery

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle". - Albert Einstein

"A great man calls attention to the good points in others; he does not call attention to their defects. A small man does just the opposite." - Confucius

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom". - Anais Nin

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars". -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I am not going to die. I'm going home like a shooting star." - Sojourner Truth
  • Options
    got to keep it alive...;)

It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives.
    ~ Samuel Johnson

The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them; a man may live long yet live very little.
    ~ Montaigne

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
    ~ Norman Cousins
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    twin2twin2 Posts: 894
    "When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world". - Maha Ghosananda

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art". - Leonardo da Vinci

"What is life? It is a flash of a firefly in the night. It is a breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset". - Chief Isapwo Muksika Crowfoot

"How far that little candle throws his beams. So shines a good deed in a naughty world". - William Shakespeare
  • Options
    ProteusProteus Posts: 166
    Completely selfish bump.
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell
  • Options
    "Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives" -Sartre.

also my sig.
    Vice President of the Synchronicity Club.
  • Options
    :)
    so glad this is still here.

Marrying a man is like buying something you've been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn't always go with everything else.
    ~ Jean Kerr

My parents want me to get married. They don't care who anymore as long as he doesn't have a pierced ear, that's all they care about. I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.
    ~ Rita Rudner

Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck - if you survive you start looking very carefully to the right and left.
    ~ Jean Kerr
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    one for ed
    "When in charge ponder. When in trouble delegate. When in doubt mumble."

one for myself
    "There is nothing so annoying as to have two people talking when you're busy interrupting"

one for ..someone
    "The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected."
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    It's not that I am afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
    ~ Woody Allen

If you bemoan your brief stay on earth, consider the mayfly which only lives for one day. If the weather were bad that day, your whole life could be rained out.
    ~ Wes "Scoop" Nisker

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
    ~ Joe Louis
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ahhh...trying for a ressurrection of sorts...:p

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its joy.
    ~ Anonymous

Don't waste the years struggling for things that are unimportant. Don't destroy your peace of mind by looking back, worrying about the past. Live in the present, enjoy the present.
    ~ Henry David Thoreau

Walk away from it until you are stronger. All your problems will be there when you get back, but you'll be better able to cope.
    ~ Lady Bird Johnson

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expected generally happens.
    ~ Benjamin Disraeli

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my cheif duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
    ~ Helen Keller
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its joy.
    ~ Anonymous
    - NICE!!!

Don't waste the years struggling for things that are unimportant. Don't destroy your peace of mind by looking back, worrying about the past. Live in the present, enjoy the present.
    ~ Henry David Thoreau
    - Sounds like a song I have heard.......:)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I do not believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear.
    ~ Woody Allen

Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?
    ~ Tom Stoppard

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button.
    ~ Sam Levinson
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Never a lip curled with pain
    That can't be kissed into smiles again.
    ~ Bret Harte

The trick is not how much pain you feel - but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.
    ~ Ericka Jong

Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but that is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy.
    ~ Wayne Dwyer
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    "Life in this physical body is very short, even if we live to be 100 years old. When I discovered this, I decided not to waste my time creating conflict, mainly with the people I love... "

~Don Miguel Ruiz~
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    "The heart is treacherous. It can overpower everything and take away all logic." ~ M.T.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Vincent Van Gogh...

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?”

“Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence”
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    "We don't do EVERY hotel room. We've done about three in our lifetimes. (As of 1994!) We're not that fucking cliche, man. It's not like we walk into a hotel and go, okay, that T.V. goes out the window straight away!"
    - Liam Gallagher

"There was this bug in my room and I thought, 'you can fook off, this is my room.' "
    - Liam Gallagher
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    "Nothing bothers me more than when groups like Pearl Jam and Nirvana whine and moan and complain about life and being famous. Let me tell you, being famous is great! The feeling when someone asks you for an autograph, unbelieveable! I just think Americans are tired of people telling them how crap their lives are. I think when people listen to our music, we tell them how good their lives could be. I guess I just can't understand the thoughts of Eddie Vedder or that whole bit... I mean, lad, if you hate your job so much, why don't you fuckin' go work at a car wash or McDonald's or something?"

-Noel Gallagher
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    "When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."- Emerson

"What is crueler? To let a wound of the heart fester, or to simply cut it out?"- Crovax
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    "Things don't change, people change."
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    vmfury wrote:
    "Things don't change, people change."

WAY too scary for me to even think about.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    "Actions, or lack there of, speak volumes."
  • Options
    "Do you know what this is? It's my heart and it's broken."
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    Counting time is not nearly as important as making time count.
    ~ James J. Walker

One always has time enough, if one will apply it well.
    ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
    ~ Bertrand Russell

btw - so nice to see many new names posting here, and regularly too. sweet.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred. I wish the days be as centuries, loaded, fragrant.
    ~ Emerson
    :rolleyes: so lovely.. :)

"All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin. And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words: Ich bin ein Berliner!"
    ~John F. Kennedy.

http://www.thecityreview.com/books2.html
    change begins with discontent.
  • Options
    Counting time is not nearly as important as making time count.
    ~ James J. Walker

One always has time enough, if one will apply it well.
    ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
    ~ Bertrand Russell

btw - so nice to see many new names posting here, and regularly too. sweet.

i feel like playing too...

all 3 of these quotes are great choice-selections... and i especially like the russell.... damn mathematician-philosophers...! wait,... that doesn't make any sense....???

anyway, here's a fun-one!:
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."~A.Einstein.

:D
    i'm a thief... and a liar...

see Ed's church?--he's breathing fire.....
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    i feel like playing too...

all 3 of these quotes are great choice-selections... and i especially like the russell.... damn mathematician-philosophers...! wait,... that doesn't make any sense....???

anyway, here's a fun-one!:
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."~A.Einstein.

:D

Did you read my quote bye Einstein?

" Imagination is greater than knowledge"

one of my favourites.