Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    EstrangedEstranged Posts: 43
    "A word is dead when it is said. Some say. I say it just begins to live that day." - Emily Dickinson
    "You may conquer with the sword, but you are conquered by a kiss." - Daniel Heinsius
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    just passed on to me by a dear friend, definitely food for thought and truly wise words:

never mind cleaning your closets... cleanse your mind... unclutter your soul.
    ~author unknown
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    needs to be said............

Hope is a waking dream.
    ~ Aristotle
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.
    ~ Og Mandino
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    "How frail the human heart must be, a mirrored pool of thoughts."- Sylvia Plath

"Wisemen say forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza."- Unknown

"Life isn't so much the pursuit of happiness, but the avoidance of pain."- Kim Thayil
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    "Human kind cannot bear too much reality." T. S. Elliot
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    EstrangedEstranged Posts: 43
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein
    "You may conquer with the sword, but you are conquered by a kiss." - Daniel Heinsius
  • Options
    Estranged wrote:
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

awesome. :)

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
    ~ Norman Vincent Peale
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    i warned you, new book of quotes.......:p

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
    ~ Chinese saying

To rule one's anger is well; to prevent it is still better.
    ~ Tyron Edwards

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
    ~ Ambrose Bierce

It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.
    ~ Wayne Dyer

There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them.
    ~ Phyllis Bottome
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    We win half the battle when we make up our minds to take the world as we find it, including the thorns.
    ~Orison S. Marden

Drag your thoughts away from your troubles - by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it. It's the healthiest thing a body can do.
    ~ Mark Twain

You seek problems because you need their gifts.
    ~ Richard Bach
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i know it's probably cheesy, being on a PJ board and all, but i watched a bit of the showbox dvd the other night, and i really, REALLY, love this quote:

"hope is the underdog"
    -eddie vedder

damn straight ed :)
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    The best mirror is an old friend.

- George Herbert

:)
    wah
  • Options
    EddiEEddiE Posts: 125
    "If you ask me, I'd rather have money than fame" - Huey - Fun Lovin' Criminals :)
    Paris 7/11/96
    Manchester 4/6/00
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    "Until you understand writers ignorance, percieve yourself ignorant of a writers understanding" - Not sure where this is from, but I like it.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.
    ~ Helen Keller

Without adversity, without change, life is boring.
    The paradox of comfort is that we stop trying.
    ~ John Amatt

One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks.
    ~ Jack Penn

The worst thing in your life may contain the seeds of the best. When you can see crisis as an opportunity, your life becomes not easier, but more satisfying.
    ~ Joe Kogel

What is to give light must endure burning.
    ~ Viktor Frankl
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    If we fight against the waves that pass over us in life, we are overpowered. If we move with the waves in life as they roll over us, the wave passes on.
    ~ Pesikta Zurtarti
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    It's always something.
    ~Gilda Radner

There is nothing permanent except change.
    ~ Heraclitus

Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.
    ~ Will Rogers

The more things change, the more they remain the same.
    ~ Alphonse Karr

It seems necessary to completely shed the old skin before the new, brighter, stronger, more beautiful one can emerge. . . . I never thought I'd be getting a life lesson from a snake.
    ~ Julie Ridge
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    The rich require an abundant supply of the poor. - Voltaire
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    a few gems from the book the four agreements by don miguel ruiz...

Every time we face one of our fears we are a little more free.

Letting go of the past means you can enjoy the dream that is happening right now.

Taking action is being alive. It's taking the risk to go out and express your dream.

Action is about living fully. Inaction is the way we deny life.

If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you.

Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in.

To be alive is the biggest fear humans have. Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive -- the risk to be alive and express what we really are.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    and if you laugh, be it at me or with me, then its worth it. just to see you smile.
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

~Robert Heinlein
  • Options
    Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms, you would never see the beauty of their carvings.
    ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.
    ~ Helen Keller

Happy is he who learns to bear what he cannot change.
    ~ J.C.F. von Schiller

If matters go badly now, they will not always do so.
    ~ Horace

Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember.
    ~ Virgil
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    We cannot change anything unless we accept it.
    ~ Carl Jung

If you cannot change your fate, change your attitude.
    ~ Amy Tan

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    ~ Herm Albright
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    one more, for now.....;)

Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.
    ~ Karen Kaiser Clark
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    "What these bitches want from a nigga???"

-DMX

(is this the quote you were looking for?);
  • Options
    If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold onto.
    ~ Tao Te Ching

Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead.
    ~ Aldous Huxley

So often we try to alter circumstances to suit ourselves, instead of letting them alter us, which is what they are meant to do.
    ~ Mother Maribel

The hardships of life are sent not by an unkind destiny to crush, but to challenge.
    ~ Sam E. Roberts

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    The opposite of bravery is not cowardice but conformity. - Robert Anthony

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Sometimes things which at the moment may be perceived as obstacles - and may actually be obstacles, difficulties, or drawbacks - can in the long run result in some good end which would not have occurred if it had not been for the obstacle.
    ~ Steve Allen

Everyone gets their rough day. No one gets a free ride. Today so far, I had a good day. I got a dial tone.
    ~ Rodney Dangerfield

I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearible tears into something bearable, even hopeful.
    ~ Bob Hope

One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
    ~ Lucille Ball

I have never been disabled in my dreams.
    ~ Christopher Reeve
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ProteusProteus Posts: 166
    ...and then the bear wiped his ass with the rabbit.
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell
  • Options
    lthe sweet aint as sweet without the bitter baby.
    -vanilla sies and probably a million other things
    if u look at a cow from behind u will always look up his ass.
    -my friends dad
    your light's reflected now