Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end.
    ~ Ursula K. Le Guin

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
    ~ John Wooden

Life doesn't require that we do the best - only that we try our best.
    ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Men should think twice before making widow hood woman's only path to power.

Gloria Steinem
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything."
  • Options
    I publically profess my love for Noam Chomsky!!

Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it.

Noam Chomsky
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    'The world is at my hands Bassanio , but as the world a stage where everyone must play a part and mine a sad one' Quote from Antonio in Shakespere's 'The Merchant Of Venice'.

'Speak again Kilty and i'm going to have to SHIFT you' Quote from a mad old priest religion teacher i had last year called Fr.Gough. Can you see the Inuendo?? can you huh? HUH?LOL!!!
    If anyone has any good ideas for band names PM me cause me and my band are amazingly stuck for ideas. Darn that band Pearl Jam for having such a cool name
  • Options
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Mae West
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until you stop trying.
    ~ Brian Dyson

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
    ~ Beverly Sills

The important thing is to learn a lesson every time you lose.
    ~ John McEnroe

Problems are messages.
    ~ Shakti Gawain

A setback is an opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
    ~ Henry Ford

Giving up is the ultimate tragedy.
    ~ Robert J. Donovan

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
    ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    "An eye for an eye leads to a world of blind men" [Mahatma Ghandi]

"When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too." [Paulo Coelho]

"Waiting is painful, forgetting is painful...but not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering" [Paulo Coelho]

"The heart decides and what it decides is all that really matters" [Paulo Coelho]
    Per sognare altri mondi non è mai troppo tardi
    Another world is possible
  • Options
    Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way.
    ~ Satchel Page

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    ~ Japanese Proverb

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
    ~ Confucius

A bend in the road is not the end of the road . . . unless you fail to make the turn.
    ~ Anonymous

I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time i am right.
    ~ Albert Einstein
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. ~Rachel Carson

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order. ~John Burroughs

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's never too late, in fiction or in life, to revise.
    ~ Nancy Thayer

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.
    ~ George Baker

I have found that life persists in the midst of destruction and, therefore, there must be a higher law than that of destruction.
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance.
    ~ Bruce Barton
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Together we will get through this thing called life
    -Pjaddicted

(close to that ^ sorry tab went down before i could remember)

that is simply the best kind of *small* to feel.....not small-minded, not insignificant.....but a life worth living and a part of the greater life that exists all around us. i love that feeling...it is as close to true peace that i ever feel deep inside. that, and when i am lying in bed with arms wrapped around me. beautiful simplicity, and a sense of self and yet connectedness...
    -Decides2dream

~~2 lovely ladies
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    The one who reads, lives several times -- Józef Czechowicz
  • Options
    wise words from a dear friend..........

yeah, everyone is everything. I'm up and down.....a little bitter, yet still wanting more of that right person.
    ~ sennin
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    No human thing is of serious importance.
    -Plato
  • Options
    I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among the flowers.
    ~ Helen Keller

What does not destroy me, makes me strong.
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Some misfortunes we bring upon ourselves; others are completely beyond our control. But no matter what happens to us, we always have some control over what we do about it.
    ~ Suzy Szasz

The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater their power to harm us.
    ~ Voltaire

Anyone can carry his burden, however heavy, until nightfall. Anyone can do his work, however hard, for one day. Anyone can live sweetly, patiently, purely, till the sun goes down and that is all that life really means.
    ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    "time, time is magical, oh how bliss it can be"

- the gratious sir swedeaus swantaire
  • Options
    I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.
    ~ Og Mandino

There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet.
    ~ William Frederick Halsey Jr.

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinately rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever.
    ~ Isak Dinesen
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    be the master and designer of yourself
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche (my translation)
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    "A true friend is discerned during an uncertain matter."
    (Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur) -- Cicero

"Good health is worth more than the greatest wealth."

"Ab alio exspectes alteri quod feceris" -- Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    be the master and designer of yourself
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche (my translation)

obi!!! so nice to see you visit us again - you've been missed. :)

Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.
    ~ The Buddha

Every individual has a place to fill in the world and is important in some respect whether he chooses to be so or not.
    ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms to those who work with joy.
    ~ Kahlil Gibran

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
    ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    We become what we do.
    ~ Chiang Kai-Shek

If a man hasn't discovered something that he would die for, he isn't fit to live.
    ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.
    ~ Peter Marshall
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Have no fear of moving into the unknown.
    - John Paul II
  • Options
    Destiny is what you are supposed to do in life. Fate is what kicks you in the ass to make you do it.
    ~ Henry Miller

If you're not failing now and again, it's a sign you're playing it safe.
    ~ Woody Allen

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
    ~ Helen Keller
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    veddieveddie Posts: 4
    "My head hurts and my neck hurts that 2 owies"...Ralph Wiggim
    Ill ride the wave to where it takes me
  • Options
    The difference between good and great is just a little extra effort.
    ~ Duffy Daugherty

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    ~ Fred Shiro

While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.
    ~ Henry C. Link
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
    ~ Mark Twain

The secret to success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.
    ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Don't aim for successif you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
    ~ David Frost

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.
    ~ Abraham Maslow

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I also think that the greater the force of your altruistic attitude towards sentient beings, the more courageous you become. The greater your courage, the less you feel prone to discouragement and loss of hope. Therefore, compassion is also a source of inner strength.
    ~ The Dalai Lama
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    There are some things one can only achieve by a deliberate leap in the opposite direction.
    ~ Franz Kafka

Why sould we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    ~ Henry David Thoreau

Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
    ~ Oliver Goldsmith
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    If you hate something, don't you do it too.

By: ???
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me