Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    "Submission, when used in the form of compromise to gain interests or prevent loss, is cowardice; but when given on one's initiative, and out of one's own will, is power."

;)
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    "So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change thier situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit than a secure future. The very basic core of a person's living spirit is his pasion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."

~Christopher J. McCandless
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    "There is bound to be someone driven mad by love who will give you the chance one of these days. And when you do find one, observe with care, they almost always have crystals in their heart."

Gabriel García Márquez - Love in the Time of Cholera
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.
    Robert Frost
    US poet (1874 - 1963)
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself in the end.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    noted these down recently off a couple posts in the MT forum. pertinent to the subject being discussed, and just wise words all around. see you can learn a thing or two on MT. ;)

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
    ~ Voltaire

If we don't believe in free expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
    ~ Noam Chomsky

..if a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy.
    ~ Flemming Rose
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    "No man is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    "If it weren't for me jumping to conclusions, I'd get no exercise at all!"..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning. - George Carlin
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    "No man is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

love it. ;)

i am sure i may've posted some, if not all, of these before....but lost in pages and pages here. just really thinking of the wisdom and thought in these words, and wanted to share again...

Hope is a waking dream.
    ~ Aristotle

Go comfortably in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
    ~ Henry David Thoreau

Hope is the dream of a soul awake.
    ~ French Proverb
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    without me, it's just aweso.

"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet" (Roger Miller).

"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try" (Homer Simpson).

"I'm not drunk, I'm just a little not sober" (Rocko from Undergrads).
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    "Imagination is greater than knowledge"

one of my favourites.

love that one.... !
    wah
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    "Indifference is the strongest force in the universe. It makes everything it touches meaningless. Love and hate don't stand a chance against it."
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    You will not grow if you sit
    in a beautiful flower garden,
    but you will grow if you are sick,
    in pain, experience losses,
    and if you do not put your head in the sand,
    but take the pain and learn to accept it,
    not as a curse or punishment
    but as a gift to you
    with a very, very specific purpose.
    ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I love you too. a LOT.

LP
    FTP
  • Options
    "These are the days of our lives."
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    'It doesn't depend upon where you are in time, but rather how your own being is. It can't change by setting, it must change by one's own will.'
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just
    have to be a horrible warning.
    -Catherine-

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes
    because I know I'm not dumb -- and I'm also not blonde.
    -Dolly Parton-
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    vmfury wrote:
    "These are the days of our lives."

:o

if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
    wah
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    A good laugh is sunshine in a house.
    ~ William Makepeace Thackeray

In every moment, the quality of your life is on the line. In each, you are either fully alive or relatively dead.
    ~ Dan Millman

Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I've got hold of for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to the future generations.
    ~ George Bernard Shaw
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    "Anger is a waste of energy, steam which is used to blow off a safety valve would be better used to drive the engine." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    "No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying"

"A man loses his sense of direction after four drinks; a woman loses hers after four kisses" -H.L. Mencken
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    "The hardest thing to govern is the heart."
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    Dodge Duck Dip Dive Dodge

No body makes me bleed my own blood.
  • Options
    reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    "The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself."
    - Archibald MacLeish

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power.We have guided missiles and misguided men."
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress."
    - Niels Bohr

"If I could take all your words away and give you but a sparse few, they would be: ‘I now know, I am absolute, I am complete, I am God, I am.’ If there were no other words but these, you would no longer be limited to this plane."
    - Ramtha

"The spirit down here in man and the spirit up there in the sun, in reality are only one spirit, and there is no other one."
    - The Upanishads
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness, in a descending spiral of destruction. The chain reaction of evil must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation."
    ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"The truth dazzles gradually, or else the world would be blind."
    ~ Emily Dickinson

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become."
    ~Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, you might find peace of mind is waiting there." - George Harrison
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    If you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy. - George Costanza :o
    wah
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives...choosing the shiney one's instead...-Vedder ;)