The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    ok i just read aboot Ronaldo...not heard anything aboot the Liverpool link..most likely just a rumor....every club in England has been linked to him recently..even Newcastle
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    ok i just read aboot Ronaldo...not heard anything aboot the Liverpool link..most likely just a rumor....every club in England has been linked to him recently..even Newcastle

Well the do have a thing for strikes gone over the hill, Kluivert, Owen, Ronaldo should fit right in.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Well the do have a thing for strikes gone over the hill, Kluivert, Owen, Ronaldo should fit right in.
    LOL!
    Owen isnt as bad as those two though..he can still score goals..just injury prone and inconsistent.
    Ronaldo too..even though hes fat and all..he can still run at defenders and perform magic once in awhile.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    once in awhile!
    once in awhile!
    well..he's getting old :D
    he just has alot of attitude problems and mood swings that deter his form.

YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Klumpie wrote:
    You said this:

i think or better say i hope in the WC we go further than anything ...!!!!

If you go further than anything you are the WC.

But I hope we will meet Germany somewhere. First of all it is easy to beat them. Second of that we have a big party in Holland and Third of that we are further then Germany at there home tournament. :D

i don´t think if we meet in the WC you will win no way
    Well if not it would be a majoor laugh. I mean Germany gettin to the Quarter finale with that group they just must get there. anything short of that would be a joke.

that´s true ...than we are really ashame ...
    this looks fine:

1 B. München 25 59
    2 Hamburg 25 53
    3 Schalke 25 51
    4 Bremen 25 50

and hope we send rapid bukarest tommorow with 3:0 home !!!:D

well and boro is playing 2 morrow too !!!They will win ;)

and about the ronalsdo stuff this old men should go back to brazil and there he should retire...

and about the ronalsdo stuff this old men should go back to brazil and there he should retire...
    come on guys..Ronaldo isnt that bad at all..im not a fan of his but he can still create problems for defenders..he's just going thru a rough spell.

today Inter vs Ajax as well...cant wait for tmr's Liverpool vs Fulham :D

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    come on guys..Ronaldo isnt that bad at all..im not a fan of his but he can still create problems for defenders..he's just going thru a rough spell.

today Inter vs Ajax as well...cant wait for tmr's Liverpool vs Fulham :D

well he ain´t bad but i think we need much more young players every where!!!;)

go ajax(couse i don´t want to have three italian clubs in the cl:D)

go fulham;);) sorry ...
    padrew blamed himself bec. he put anton in the wrong possition ;)
    and anyways he said that bolton played well !!!

oh my goodness i forget that ...on wendsday is also the replay of west ham vs bolton in the Fa cup oh damn to much foothie (lol)

but it´s home and i hope with the support behind west ham will be the winner team!!!or?
    and well this is a good stuff:

Ferdinand backs new racism initiative
    Tuesday, 14 Mar 2006 11:28
    Printer friendly version
    Rio Ferdinand has today given his full backing to a new European parliament strategy aimed at cutting out racism in football.

The Manchester United and England defender welcomed the new initiative which proposes increased power for referees to take players off the pitch and abandon games if fans make racially offensive taunts to players.

Severe fines, stadium closures, suspensions and points deductions have also been called for in the written declaration, put forward by Conservative MEP Chris Heaton-Harris, a qualified football referee and chairman of the Friends of Football group in the European parliament, all of which could help Uefa tackle the still prevalent problem of racism.

And Ferdinand, as well as welcoming the proposals, said such action was long overdue and he urged football chiefs to make use of the scheme.

"I welcome this cross-party resolution in the European parliament. For too long now European football authorities have not taken the problem of racism in the game seriously and refuse to acknowledge how widespread the problem is," Ferdinand said.

"I talk to a lot of European players and know there are big problems in Spain, in Italy and across eastern Europe. Fortunately here in England we have managed to educate people and the problem has all but disappeared. Now we must educate the rest of Europe."

He added: "If Uefa is really serious about kicking racism out of football it should adopt some of the penalties called for in this resolution and get on with punishing those who defame the game we all love with their backward racist views."

The initiative comes as scenes of racism continue to blight the international football community, particularly, as Ferdinand suggests, in Spain, where the problem is arguably at its worst.

In 2004, Ferdinand plus England team-mates Ashley Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips were subjected to horrific racial abuse from Spanish supporters during an international friendly in Spain.

Fifa fined the Spanish FA a paltry sum of £44,750 for the scenes, a sum described as "a joke" by Ferdinand, while just last month, Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o was racially abused in a La Liga match with Real Zaragoza resulting in a similar fine of £6,197. And these are just two of a number of scenes that have led to criticism.

Heaton-Harris, who is one of the driving forces behind the new initiative, added to Ferdinand's comments by saying: "Enough is enough. No-one should have to put up with this sort of language and behaviour in the
    When racist incidents occur, the perpetrators always get off lightly - they've basically been getting away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist."
    Fifa fined the Spanish FA a paltry sum of £44,750 for the scenes, a sum described as "a joke" by Ferdinand, while just last month, Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o was racially abused in a La Liga match with Real Zaragoza resulting in a similar fine of £6,197. And these are just two of a number of scenes that have led to criticism.
    i find those sums ridiculous too...those amounts are pennies to them...it's time for harsher punishment.

YNWA
    Uefa's director of communications William Gaillard has hit back at Rio Ferdinand's accusation that his organisation are not doing enough to kick racism out of football.

The Manchester United defender is backing a European Parliament resolution which is calling on referees to be given extended powers to abandon matches where supporters make racially abusive taunts.

Ferdinand is of the opinion that Uefa have not been strong enough in their exertions to rid the game of the problem that continues to stain football on too frequent an occasion.

Citing England's game against Spain and a recent Spanish domestic clash between Zaragoza and Barcelona - racism was rife in both instances - Ferdinand believes Uefa have been weak in meting out suitable punishments.

However, speaking to Sky Sports News, Gaillard has rubbished any such notion, stating that the games stipulated by Ferdinand were not within Uefa's jurisdiction.

''I think I understand Rio's frustration because racism is a very ugly phenomenon and I feel we need to stamp it out,'' he told Sky Sports News.

''But I also feel as a professional footballer he should do a bit of homework to understand how the game is organised.

''He quotes two instances; Spain versus England 18 months ago and then the Zaragoza-Barcelona game.

''Well he should know both these games were not under Uefa jurisdiction. All international friendlies are under Fifa jurisdiction. And of course, Spanish football is played under the authority of the Spanish Football Association.

''We cannot interfere, this is just the way the jurisdictions are established. We cannot interfere with Spanish sanctions.

''Rio should know we have imposed sanctions in tens of hundreds of thousands last year. We have banned stadiums for up to four games, have closed sections of stadiums in a number of countries.

''I think Uefa have been relentless in its fight against racism and we are always willing to do more. We need sanctions from politicians in some countries to protect us from the wrath of clubs who are hit with these sanctions.''

While Gaillard admits he sympathises with the plight of Ferdinand and other abused players, he insists the player has spoken without first checking the essential facts that undermine his argument.

''I have a lot of sympathy for his frustration and indignation but one has to be precise and be fair. It would be like asking Britain to be responsible for something that happened in a foreign country and asking courts to do something that is not in their jurisdiction,'' he concluded.

''Unfortunately there are some things that we cannot do and one of these things is to go into someone else's jurisdiction.

''We need players to get involved and we can't have a situation where players are insulted on the pitch, they know they have been insulted but when we ask for witnesses, there is silence.

''We need players to stamp out the phenomenon.''

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Feyenoord try to sign John O'Shea from Manu. O'Shea will be leaving ManU at the end of the season and Feyenoord is looking for a midfielder and a leftback.
    36 clubs of the German first and second bundesliga are in debt. The total debt of the German clubs is 717 million euros.
    RvN have to sign a new 3 year deal with ManU. If he don't sign this deal, he have to leave ManU next summer. If he leave his new club will be PSV! :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    RvN have to sign a new 3 year deal with ManU. If he don't sign this deal, he have to leave ManU next summer. If he leave his new club will be PSV! :D

Klumpie don't tease me, not with that.
    Bayern Munchen have intresse in Mark v Bommel of Barcelona. Mark v Bommel left PSV last season and isn't in the first eleven from Barca. Bayern would like to sign him to take the place of Ballack.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Bayern Munchen have intresse in Mark v Bommel of Barcelona. Mark v Bommel left PSV last season and isn't in the first eleven from Barca. Bayern would like to sign him to take the place of Ballack.

Yeah but I don't think Mark wil want to leave. Haven't you read the V.I. two weeks ago, he was all worked up about how this was the write choice.
    Klumpie don't tease me, not with that.

I trust RvN. He always said 'After ManU, I will go back to my favourite team PSV'.
    Yeah but I don't think Mark wil want to leave. Haven't you read the V.I. two weeks ago, he was all worked up about how this was the write choice.

Yes I had read that. But money rules the world. And if he don't play the rest of the season, he will not be presented at WC. And I think it's time to leave then.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yes I had read that. But money rules the world. And if he don't play the rest of the season, he will not be presented at WC. And I think it's time to leave then.

Maybe, but you know Bom-mel(ding) he's always up for a good fight. I don't think He will leave after only one second. Who knows maybe time will prove me wrong.
    Maybe, but you know Bom-mel(ding) he's always up for a good fight. I don't think He will leave after only one second. Who knows maybe time will prove me wrong.

That's true. But everything depends on what Barca do next summer. If they buy again two midfielders, what MvB to do in Barca. For me he's always in the first eleven, maybe he will also return to PSV :D
    Have you read about the new Brazilian defender that up for a trail run. I asked BRHF9 about him. you can read about it some posts back.
    Have you read about the new Brazilian defender that up for a trail run. I asked BRHF9 about him. you can read about it some posts back.

Yes I read it, he looks like Addo. I hope he's just as good as Alex, we can use another defender for next season. If Alex leave next summer.
    Klumpie wrote:
    That's true. But everything depends on what Barca do next summer. If they buy again two midfielders, what MvB to do in Barca. For me he's always in the first eleven, maybe he will also return to PSV :D

Maybe he will leave if Barca buys Aurelio and another midfielder, but he won't be coming back to PSV. Not yet. It would be considered as a failure, and after al those years of hoping for a transfer. No he won't be coming be, for a little while.
    OK I'll speculate on the van Bommel situation. Barca buys Rosicky from Dortmund and gets a discount for giving van Bommel in return.
    Reuniting v. Marwijk and v. Bommel. how about that?
    OK I'll speculate on the van Bommel situation. Barca buys Rosicky from Dortmund and gets a discount for giving van Bommel in return.
    Reuniting v. Marwijk and v. Bommel. how about that?

Not a bad idea. But if I was Barca, I prefer v Bommel above Rosicky.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Not a bad idea. But if I was Barca, I prefer v Bommel above Rosicky.

If I was Rijkaard I'd prefer van Bommel over Edmilson. It's a stange world.