The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2005600745.jpg

by the ways seems like foothball players in the UK hunted by the yellow press
    i watch also old stuff ...wouldn´t you go creazy from time to time and by the way many sh... is written ...;)
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Liverpool and Villarreal have agreed a deal that will see Jan Kromkamp join The Reds in exchange for out-of-favour defender Josemi.

However, personal terms between the two players and clubs have yet to be finalised.

Liverpool were unwilling to let Josemi go until a replacement could be found, and so an exchange with the Spanish side looks the perfect outcome.

Kromkamp was believed to be unhappy at El Madrigal and a move to Anfield will enable him to push for a place in the Dutch World Cup squad.

"Villarreal have a reached an agreement with Liverpool for the transfer of Dutch defender Jan Kromkamp to the English team and the arrival of Josemi," said a statement on Villarreal's official website.

"The agreement is between the clubs and lacks only the agreement of both players."
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • i see :p

we are intrested in the 16-year-old Hearts midfielder Daniel Galbraith as i read just now;)
    and we buy somebody in january :D
  • Sir Alex Still Needs United When He's Sixty-Four

Sir Alex Ferguson has not yet written off United’s title hopes despite the team dropping two more precious points against Birmingham on Wednesday, while Chelsea continued their relentless march forward with a late 1-0 win over Man City.

The Reds face Bolton on New Year’s Eve before one final trip to Highbury to play Arsenal to kick-start 2006.

United received a defensive boost ahead of the two games with the return of Wes Brown and Mikael Silvestre, but Louis Saha and Alan Smith remain doubtful with a cold and chest infection.

Sir Alex, who turns 64 on Saturday, insists his passion for the job is as strong as ever and that he is enjoying watching his maturing team play with growing confidence – and he refuses to give up on the title despite the 11 points that seperate his and Jose Mourinho’s teams.

Is it impossible to win the Premiership after drawing with Birmingham? “I don’t think that at all," he replied forcefully. "I think we played some very good football that night. Some of our attacking play was brilliant.

”Birmingham did really well in turning it almost into a cup-tie. The pitch was lively, they pressed the ball and were very determined. Steve Bruce will be hoping for plenty more performances like that. If they do they'll have no problems staying up."

Chelsea have developed a talent - disheartening to their rivals - to snatch late goals and win 1-0. "You get these spells when you’re at the top," Sir Alex says. "We had a period in 1999 when we were scoring late goals and people were saying we were lucky. It’s no different now.

"We want to be the nearest to them so that, if they do lose, we will be there to capitalise.

"I think the team is maturing all the time. I can't put a date on [when it will all come together]. I think we are getting better. I'm enjoying watching the team."
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    "I don’t forget about Chelsea, I can’t forget about them. I keep hoping they do drop points. When I heard they scored late on, it compounded our disappointment on the night.

"But we have to keep going. We concentrate on what we can do. The form is good and the confidence is back in the team and we are playing some good football.

”I think the team is maturing all the time. I can’t put a date on [when it will all come together]. I think we are getting better all the time. I’m enjoying watching the team.”

Sir Alex mentioned in his programme notes for the Bolton game that he is determined to carry on as manager until “this club is back on track”. Asked what he meant by that, he responded: ”Back on track means the maturity of this team."

The reporter countered, “Who has to mature because the team isn’t exactly young, is it? There’s only Rooney and Ronaldo under 25."

"It’s younger than most teams," Sir Alex retorted. "And does Darren Fletcher not count? Kieran Richardson? Ji-Sung Park, who has just arrived at the club?

”The average age of a team to win the European Cup is 29 or 30.” The average age of United’s starting eleven against Birmingham was 25. ”It’s a matter of new players coming together as well,” the Reds boss added.

Sir Alex turns 64 on New Year’s Eve, but his passion for the job remains undiminished.

”It doesn’t get harder to get up in the mornings,” he said. “Not at all, not for me. I was up at five this morning. I was at work at 6:25. I intended to go to the gym but I bottled it. I saw that desk and thought ‘Jesus Christ, I’ve got to get through all this work again’. That’s the killer, the desk.

”I know people older than me up in Scotland that are up at six every morning and they’ve been doing it all their life. You’ve got to enjoy your job. And I feel good. I don’t how many times I have to say that. I feel fine. How do I look?”

Bolton will not be in too charitable a mood for Sir Alex, who expects a stubborn but talented opponent.

“It should be a terrific game,” he said. “Bolton have done very well again this season. Since Sam Allardyce has been there they have progressed every year. They’re in the last 32 of the Uefa Cup, which is phenomenal for the club. A few years ago they were in the first division. They’ve come a long way.

”A lot of people keep talking about the way Bolton play, saying that it’s difficult to play against. I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. Everyone finds their own way of playing football to suit the players they have got. You have to cope with that. But I don’t think they are any more difficult an opponent than Chelsea, Arsenal or anyone else.

”They’re a good team with a lot of experienced players in their team – that’s what Sam has done well.”
  • United matches in january;):

January 2006
    Tue 3/1 20:00 Arsenal FAPL A
    Sun 8/1 16:00 Burton Albion FAC3 A
    Wed 11/1 20:00 Blackburn Rovers CC S/F A
    Sat 14/1 12:45 Manchester City FAPL A
    Sun 22/1 16:00 Liverpool FAPL H
    Wed 25/1 20:00 Blackburn Rovers CC S/F H
    Sat 28/1 15:00 FA Cup 4th Round FAC4
  • and than:

February 2006
    Wed 1/2 19:45 Blackburn Rovers FAPL A
    Sat 4/2 17:15 Fulham FAPL H
    Sat 11/2 17:15 Portsmouth FAPL A
    Sat 18/2 15:00 FA Cup 5th Round FAC5
    Sat 25/2 15:00 West Ham United FAPL H
    Sun 26/2 15:00 Carling Cup Final CCF N

March 2006
    Mon 6/3 20:00 Wigan Athletic FAPL A
    Sun 12/3 13:30 Newcastle United FAPL H
    Sat 18/3 15:00 West Bromwich Albion FAPL A
    Wed 22/3 19:45 FA Cup 6th Round FAC6
    Sun 26/3 16:00 Birmingham City FAPL H

April 2006
    Sat 1/4 15:00 Bolton Wanderers FAPL A
    Sat 8/4 15:00 Arsenal FAPL H
    Sat 15/4 15:00 Sunderland FAPL H
    Mon 17/4 15:00 Tottenham FAPL A
    Sat 22/4 15:00 Middlesbrough FAPL H
    Sat 22/4 15:00 FA Cup Semi-Final FAC N
    Sat 29/4 15:00 Chelsea FAPL A

May 2006
    Sun 7/5 15:00 Charlton Athletic FAPL H
    Sat 13/5 15:00 FA Cup Final FAC N

and maybe on march 6 and 12 i´m in manchester ;)
  • Squad list
    Man United Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre, O’Shea, Richardson, Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Smith, Fletcher, Giggs, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Rossi.
    Bolton: Jaaskelainen, O’Brien, Ben Haim, Jaidi, N’Gotty, Gardner, Stelios, Speed, Faye, Nolan, Nakata, Davies, Walker, Hunt, Okocha, Vaz Te, Fadiga, Borgetti.

Man United: Mikael Silvestre and Wes Brown return to the squad. Silvestre has been plagued by groin problems in recent weeks while Brown missed Wednesday’s draw at Birmingham with a thigh strain. Both men are back to bolster a shaky defence which conceded two goals at St Andrews but Louis Saha is unlikely to be involved after being sent home from the midlands with a heavy cold. Alan Smith is suffering from the same problem but should be available.

Bolton: El-Hadji Diouf and Ivan Campo are suspended. Kevin Nolan, Kevin Davies, Abdoulaye Faye and Joey O’Brien are likely to be recalled after being rested for the 0-0 draw at Sunderland. Utility player Henrik Pedersen is sidelined and is not expected to feature again until the new year because of an Achilles problem.
  • 2005 best and worst buys

YOU don’t get a lot for £20million these days, as Shaun Wright-Phillips has proved this season.

With the transfer window about to open on Sunday, bosses must remember that for every bargain buy there lurks a disaster just waiting to happen. Today, SunSport’s MARK IRWIN salutes the 10 best Premiership signings of 2005 — and the very worst of a bloody awful bunch.

TOP 10 TRANSFERS

EDGAR DAVIDS (Inter Milan to Spurs Free)
    DUTCH pitbull has brought some much-needed bite to Spurs and turned Martin Jol’s team into Champions League contenders. Nine yellow cards show no one can afford to mess with this midfield ace — and that competitive streak is really rubbing off on his team-mates.

JOSE REINA (Villarreal to Liverpool £6m)
    A CLUB-RECORD 11 successive clean sheets proved that boss Rafa Benitez got it right by dumping Jerzy Dudek.

DARREN BENT (Ipswich to Charlton £2.5m)
    BURST on to the Premiership in a blaze of goals and even forced his way into the England squad.

EDWIN VAN DER SAR (Fulham to Man Utd. £2m)
    THE big Dutchman brings some much-needed authority to Fergie’s defence.

SCOTT PARKER (Chelsea to Newcastle £6.5m)
    CONCLUSIVE proof that even Graeme Souness can’t get them all wrong. The combative midfield ace might not win too many medals but he’s relishing the opportunity to rattle a few bones.

ARJAN DE ZEEUW (Portsmouth to Wigan £½m)
    DUTCH defender De Zeeuw is the pick of a very good bunch at the Latics which also includes Pascal Chimbonda, Henri Camara and Stephane Henchoz.

YOSSI BENAYOUN (Racing Santander to W Ham. £2m)
    THE skinny Israel midfielder has helped West Ham banish any fears of a quick return to the Championship.

SHEFKI KUQI (Ipswich to Blackburn Free)
    HE might not look the part but he is the perfect battering ram to finish off Rovers’ up-and-at-them style. Top goal celebration, too.

MICHAEL ESSIEN (Lyon to Chelsea £24.4m)
    WITH Chelsea running away with the title, the Ghanaian tough-guy has already made a real impression in England. Just ask Didi Hamann, Lauren and Tal Ben Haim.

ANDY COLE (Fulham to Man City £½m)
    STILL banging them in at 34, he remains one of the finest finishers in the business.

THE TEN WORST

ABEL XAVIER (Roma to Middlesbrough. Free)
    MANAGED just six games for Boro before failing a UEFA Cup drugs test.

JEAN-ALAIN BOUMSONG (Rangers to Newcastle £8m)
    IMMEDIATELY made Newcastle’s dodgy defence even worse.

SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS (Man City to Chelsea £21m)
    HARDER to spot than Bin Laden as he sits in the stands counting his £60,000 a week.

PER KROLDRUP (Udinese to Everton £5m)
    THE Danish defender signed in at Goodison and immediately booked in for an op.

ERIC DJEMBA-DJEMBA (Man U to A Villa. £1.35m)
    SO bad they named him twice.

JON STEAD (Blackburn to Sunderland £1.8m)
    STILL waiting for his first Sunderland goal.

GRZEGORZ RASIAK (Derby to Spurs £3m)
    FOR every Edgar Davids there is a Rasiak just waiting to stink the place out.

JAROSLAV DROBNY (Panionios to Fulham undisc)
    FULHAM have never let their fans have even a glimpse of the man signed to replace Edwin Van Der Sar.

WALTER PANDIANI (Dep La Coruna to Birmingham £3m)
    MAKES Emile Heskey look prolific.
  • 31/12 Aston Villa v Arsenal 12:45
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Chelsea v Birmingham City 13:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Charlton Athletic v West Ham United 13:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United 13:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers 15:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Sunderland v Everton 15:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Middlesbrough v Manchester City 15:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Portsmouth v Fulham 15:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers 15:00
    Preview | Live
    31/12 Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion 15:00
    Preview | Live
    Next 7 Days
    02/01 West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa 12:00
    Preview | Live
    02/01 West Ham United v Chelsea 12:45
    Preview | Live
    02/01 Everton v Charlton Athletic 15:00
    Preview | Live
    02/01 Birmingham City v Wigan Athletic 15:00
    Preview | Live
    02/01 Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool 15:00
    Preview | Live
    02/01 Fulham v Sunderland 15:00
    Preview | Live
    02/01 Newcastle United v Middlesbrough 15:00
    Preview | Live
    02/01 Blackburn Rovers v Portsmouth 19:35
    Preview | Live
    03/01 Arsenal v Manchester United 20:00
    Preview | Live
    04/01 Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur 20:00
    Preview | Live
  • Aston Villa 0
    Arsenal London 0 finish
    Charlton 2
    West Ham 0 finish
    Chelsea 2
    Birmingham 0 finish:(
    Tottenham 2
    Newcastle 0
    Hz
    Wigan 0
    Blackburn 1
    2. Hz
    Liverpool 0
    West Brom 0
    2. Hz
    Man. United 2;)
    Bolton 1
    2. Hz
    Middlesbrough 0
    Man. City 0
    2. Hz
    Portsmouth 1
    Fulham 0
    Hz
    Sunderland 0
    Everton 0
  • united won 4:1 ;)

yeap yyyyy

but again rio didn´t goal for me;)lol

but ronaldo made two goals:)
    Crouchie on the scoresheet again woo!
    Judas injured too..wooo!
    happy new year indeed ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    Crouchie on the scoresheet again woo!
    Judas injured too..wooo!
    happy new year indeed ;)

happy new year !!!who is injured ??

haha soon will clash united vs liverpool;)
    happy new year !!!who is injured ??

haha soon will clash united vs liverpool;)
    Micheal Owen is injured :)
    good performance from Manure last night i must admit..Saha was very good.

YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Micheal Owen is injured :)
    good performance from Manure last night i must admit..Saha was very good.

oh that´s not good for him.it is a bad injury?
    i didn´t hear or saw it..bec. of work
    but i saw the result .;)
    ah compliment on the first wow:D
    oh that´s not good for him.it is a bad injury?
    i didn´t hear or saw it..bec. of work
    but i saw the result .;)
    ah compliment on the first wow:D
    Owen will be out for 3 months :)

well i always compliment when it is due

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Owen will be out for 3 months :)

well i always compliment when it is due

oh that´s hard but hey three months not that long ...but hope he will be fit by than and play;)
    this will be a real good match:

Arsenal v United
    Premiership | 8:00p.m. | Tues 3 Jan

this won´t be easy for united i think
    but United has to win;):p
    but will be difficult....
    should Steven Gerrard play insteed of beckham on the left middle field for england ?-hope you understand this!
    should Steven Gerrard play insteed of beckham on the left middle field for england ?-hope you understand this!
    Stevie doesnt play on the left...Beckham isnt a left sider too

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Stevie doesnt play on the left...Beckham isnt a left sider too

ubs wasn´t it left middlefield ubs....
    ubs wasn´t it left middlefield ubs....
    Stevie is a central midfielder who can switch flanks..but his prefered position will be centre for England

YNWA
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Stevie is a central midfielder who can switch flanks..but his prefered position will be centre for England

ok...thanx for that schoolin;)
    so who do you think will play for england this summer?
    Search for The Best Results from Google, Ask Jeeves, Yahoo! & more...
    Home | News | Sport | 3am | TV & Film | Dating | Bingo & Win | More >
    News > Latest | Showbiz News | Brian Reade | Tony Parsons | Paul Routledge | Sue Carroll | Bill Borrows | More >
    31 December 2005
    EXCLUSIVE: THE NEW COLEEN DAY 0NE
    Coleen McLoughlin
    I'VE NEVER SPONGED OFF WAYNE ..I WORK HARD AND MY GOAL IS TO BE AN ACTRESS
    By Clare Raymond

IT CAN'T be easy to pick the perfect gift for a boyfriend who has everything, even if you are Britain's most famous shopaholic.

But £50,000-a-week England star Wayne Rooney woke up to a double treat on Christmas morning - a Sopranos-themed pinball machine and a newly slimmed-down girlfriend.

Coleen McLoughlin feels like a new woman since shedding 10 pounds... and she doesn't mean Rooney's cash.

This week, exclusively in the Daily Mirror, she lifts the lid on life with Wayne, reveals her ambitions to be an actress and tells how her life has changed since she dropped a dress size and toned up her curvy figure.

"Losing weight has given me back my confidence after people kept saying that all I do is shop and spend Wayne's money," says 19-year-old Coleen, who has also made a workout DVD that shows others how to achieve similar results.

"Now I feel great. I have more energy and it has given me the boost to do other things."

Advertisement
    Falk AdSolution

And Coleen, who was nominated one of the world's 100 sexiest women by FHM magazine, says that 20-year-old Wayne is delighted with her new shape.

"He's made up," she says. "He doesn't say much about it but he's glad that I've got into exercise. When we're at home, I tell him what I've been doing in the gym and we chat about it. He's happy that I'm happy."

Coleen insists her relationship with the £28million striker is as strong as ever, despite negative stories which have dogged the couple since Wayne shot to inter national prominence at Euro 2004.

"Some people are jealous of our relationship and want to knock us down all the time," she says, with her enormous diamond engagement ring glinting on her finger.

"I think there are a few evil and jealous people out there who say things about us because they aren't content with their own lives."

That said, despite being engaged for more than two years, Coleen admits she's no nearer walking down the aisle.

"We're engaged so we are going to get married one day but we haven't planned anything yet. We love each other and that means we'll be with each other as long as we're alive.

"I haven't thought about what sort of wedding I want - though we won't be going off to do it in secret because I want my family and Wayne's family there."

WAYNE, who already has a £10 million fortune, is her first boyfriend but Coleen says she's sure he is Mr Right.

"We've been in a relationship for nearly four years and I'm really happy. I love him and he loves me. He's the one. From the moment I wake up in the morning, I think about him all day."

She has settled comfortably into their £3.5million seven-bedroom Cheshire mansion and shown a flair for fashion and designer shopping.

But Coleen may have trouble meeting some of the other roles required of a footballer's wife.

She admits she has no idea how she'd cope if her fiance is ever lured away from Manchester Utd in a big money deal to Italy or Spain.

"I cried for two weeks when we moved into our first house in Liverpool," admits the homesick teenager. "And that was just 25 minutes up the road from my mum.

"Then when Wayne moved to Manchester, I thought that was a big move. Now I realise it's only 45 minutes away. But I love company and need to have my family and friends around.

"Wayne is away a lot playing football but I make sure that I'm never on my own.

"Anyway, Wayne has years and years left at Man United and he loves the club."

Today, Coleen is, looking every inch J the glamorous footballer's wife.

To slim down to her new shape, she used a combination of healthy eating, aerobics, boxing and toning exercises.

She cut down on carbs, especially in the evening, and swapped chips and crisps for fruit and nuts.

"Last year, I noticed I was creeping up from a size 10 to a 12. I was putting weight on my legs, bum and thighs because I was getting too comfortable. So, earlier this year, I went to my local Weight-Watchers classes with my mum and lost 71bs.

"It was good because I could still eat the things I liked, as long as I counted the points. When I saw the results, I wanted to try even harder.

"I started going to the gym regularly and when we went on holiday in the summer, everyone noticed I'd lost weight.

"My body shape has changed dramatically. My thighs are more toned - they don't wobble when I walk - and my waist is smaller.

"OK, I do have a little cellulite but I don't worry about it. I feel better in k myself because I have more positive energy."

But Coleen has ruled out shedding more weight and becoming as waiflike as Victoria Beckham.

"I'm quite happy the way I am now," he says. "I don't want to be really skinny. It suits some people but wouldn't suit me. I'll continue to exercise but I won't be on a strict diet."

Luckily, eating out in fancy restaurants and enjoying occasional takeaways in front of the TV with Wayne hasn't damaged her weight-loss efforts.

"He is a healthier eater than me," she admits. "What gets me is that if we go to a restaurant, he orders a salad for his main course. I couldn't do that - I order meat and potatoes - but that's what he likes."

SHE says she'd like to have children with Wayne one day. "Yes, I'd love a family. I wouldn't like to be old and lonely."

But before that, Coleen is eager to pursue an ambition she has harboured since she was growing up near Wayne in Croxteth, Liverpool...

Coleen has always wanted to act and is getting set to take a drama class. "I'd love to be an actress but I have a lot to learn," she says in her scouse accent. It's one which would be perfect for her dream role - the part of Mickey's girlfriend in Willy Russell's Merseyside-set musical, Blood Brothers.

"I studied the play in school and have seen it loads of times," she says.

But first she'll need to hone her craft.

"Joining a local drama group will be a great way of learning and a good way to meet new people.

"Eventually, I'd love to be in a two-part drama, like the ones Tamzin Outhwaite stars in."

She realises, though, that breaking into the profession isn't easy and so has embarked on other projects. She beams with pride when talking about her weekly fashion column in Closer magazine, the recent TV show Coleen's Secrets on Channel Five and her fitness DVD.

All this has helped ease her frustration at her reputation as a work-shy shopping addict who fritters away her boyfriend's money.

"People said that Wayne paid for everything and I wasn't working," she says. "He used to tell me to forget about it because, to him, it's what's on the back pages that counts.

But, although I'm more confident now, and I realise you've got to take the good with the bad, it still annoys me when they go on about it.

When I had a Saturday job l in New Look, I'd save up for a new pair of shoes or top. Most girls are like that.

And on my 16th birthday, I spent all day in town with my mates and we walked round every ingle shop. That's the way I've always been.

Now I've got my wage coming in - I get paid for writing the column and I've got my money from Five, the DVD and all the photoshoots I do.

And, yes, Wayne likes to treat me now and again, too. He's generous and likes to buy me things."

Unsurprisingly, Coleen resents being portrayed as a lazy sponger.

"I've always been ambitious and I've always worked hard," she says.

"I left school at 17 when I was studying for A-levels because I wasn't enjoying it and wasn't getting the marks I could.

"I left because I wanted to concentrate on acting but then things went up the wall because of all the interest in Wayne and me."

She agreed to make Coleen's Secrets - about her life - to show the real Coleen, she says.

"When people meet me, they ask me loads of questions. So it was nice to show them who I am and where I'm from. So much is written about me but no one knows the real me." And she feels that she and Wayne will easily cope with any demands her burgeoning career will place on them.

"If I was offered, say, an acting job in London, it's only two hours away on the train - so that would be no problem," she explains.

"Wayne's away a lot anyway so we'd work it out. It's healthy to have a bit of space in a relationship. "It makes it more special when we're together. When Wayne has been away it's exciting and we can't wait to see each other. If we were together constantly, it wouldn't be so special."

And even when they're both in their spacious home, they are hardly in each other's pockets.

"We do our own things," says Coleen. "I'm usually tidying while he's playing on the computer or watching football.

"On Sundays, while I'm writing my column, he'll be watching Spanish football... or some foreign team. He watches every single game. It's his job and he loves it.

"If it's not an important match, I'll say 'turn over'... and he'll usually go into a different room to watch!"

COLEEN McLoughlin's Brand New Body Workout is on sale now, price £17.99 (Universal Pictures Ltd).
    hello did i miss something:D

JOSE: WE'RE NOT AS GOOD AS UNITED:p:p
    By John Cross

JOSE MOURINHO last night amazingly claimed Chelsea cannot be compared to Manchester United - and that they have got to convince the footballing public they are the best team in the Premiership.

Mourinho has led Chelsea to their first title in 50 years, they are 11 points clear in this season's title race and yet he believes they are still a long way behind Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements at Old Trafford.

United boss Ferguson has enjoyed a glorious era of success with eight titles in 15 years and Mourinho says they must "change the way" fans look at Chelsea if they are to dominate in the same way.

Mourinho said: "The Chelsea project is not about winning one championship, it is about gaining a few more over the next few years.

"Only then can we compare ourselves to what Manchester United have done in the past.

"At this moment we have just one Premiership title, but a very important one because it is the first in 50 years and changes a little bit the way people look at Chelsea, especially the kids.

chelsea will never be good as united:p:D
    chelsea will never be good as united:p:D
    Mourinho also said he was not gonna buy new players this month..but that turned out to be bullshit as usual...so dont take his words too seriously ;)

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Mourinho also said he was not gonna buy new players this month..but that turned out to be bullshit as usual...so dont take his words too seriously ;)

ok sweet i won´t ;) but hey than he jokes about united??? grrr my new enemy:D but his good looking:D
    ok sweet i won´t ;) but hey than he jokes about united??? grrr my new enemy:D but his good looking:D
    this is Jose's way of playing mind games...he doesnt mean any of the words if you ask me.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    this is Jose's way of playing mind games...he doesnt mean any of the words if you ask me.

yea that´s true ..really any words???