The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    True, but Kuijt is pretty good at that as well. With gerrard in the back of the strikers it is a sure thing for goals. I do think Kuijt and crouch can also be a good duo, but Kuijt did really well at Feyenoord with a moving partner.
    many suggest Kuyt and Crouch won't work cos they are somewhat similar and lack pace..i dunnoe i think give them a shot..they did very well for the 10 minutes Crouch came on against Chelski.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Klumpie wrote:
    You guys have the same problem like Ajax, always thinking back on the history.

"We are the world leaders with titles" = very good with only 1 opponont

"We won 4 times the EC1" (ajax) = good for you, we have the future.

I'm glad you guys have a good history, it's the only thing that remind you guys that you were good.

wow, i'm glad i didn't post the home game
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    wow, i'm glad i didn't post the home game

haha, the truth is sometimes very hard. And yes, I search it on google and now I know what the score was. But this is from the 20th century. Wake up we are living in the 21th century. But no hard feeling, my friend.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    many suggest Kuyt and Crouch won't work cos they are somewhat similar and lack pace..i dunnoe i think give them a shot..they did very well for the 10 minutes Crouch came on against Chelski.

Yes they are somewhat similair, but Kuijt can and has played in the back of a bigger striker. So it could definitely work. Still I liked Kuijt/Bellamy as well.
    Why did they sell Sinema Pongol?
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Klumpie wrote:
    haha, the truth is sometimes very hard. And yes, I search it on google and now I know what the score was. But this is from the 20th century. Wake up we are living in the 21th century. But no hard feeling, my friend.

Sure there is no use in living in the past, but you have to be able to look back from time to time, otherwise there is no point in doing well in the present.
    Yes they are somewhat similair, but Kuijt can and has played in the back of a bigger striker. So it could definitely work. Still I liked Kuijt/Bellamy as well.
    Why did they sell Sinema Pongol?
    I think Bellamy has linked up best with Fowler and against lower opposition..so if i was Rafa...i'd quit rotating and find my best 11..use Bellamy and Fowler against smaller opposition.

well Sinama...he wanted more games..definitely not gonna get them at Liverpool.
    he's only on loan though...hope for a permanent deal soon along with Cisse.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    If you edit it now she'll never know.;)

hahaha :D yeah, I didn't know until I scrolled down and read the next few posts! ;) hahahahahahha :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Klumpie wrote:

Here we go again :D

Thought you'd understand it was a wee joke

As for Rangers history we were founded 1873, who has history like us?! We're proud of our history, why not? whats the point supporting a team if you don't feel like that.
    We can't help the league we have to play in.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    I think Bellamy has linked up best with Fowler and against lower opposition..so if i was Rafa...i'd quit rotating and find my best 11..use Bellamy and Fowler against smaller opposition.

I would pick at least 7 or 8 players and give them the certainty of playing. A team needs consistency.
    Here we go again :D

Thought you'd understand it was a wee joke

As for Rangers history we were founded 1873, who has history like us?! We're proud of our history, why not? whats the point supporting a team if you don't feel like that.
    We can't help the league we have to play in.

Off course, I understand it.

But I always say this against my ajax-friends. They still really think they can win the CL. Be proud on your history, but don't forget to look in the future.

So no wrangle about this ;):)
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    hahaha :D yeah, I didn't know until I scrolled down and read the next few posts! ;) hahahahahahha :D

Sorry, you're a true legend :D:D
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:

Oh shit so I gave him away.;)
    AxlUlrich wrote:

What I saw against PSV was that Bellamy was the best player of Liverpool.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Off course, I understand it.

But I always say this against my ajax-friends. They still really think they can win the CL. Be proud on your history, but don't forget to look in the future.

So no wrangle about this ;):)

Funny thing is it's more celtic who are known for living in the past than us, as their history is even older than ours lol as in their 9 in a row and European cup, fuk do they hark on about that, Aberdeen has 1 and you wouldn't know! oh yeh i hate them too haha
  • Klumpie wrote:
    What I saw against PSV was that Bellamy was the best player of Liverpool.

First half definitly, but the second half he was a little less. Gerrard was the man of the second half for me, what an entrance.
    First half definitly, but the second half he was a little less. Gerrard was the man of the second half for me, what an entrance.

Stop with Gerrard, he's good but that good isn't he.
    agree with that too..Bellamy lost his match fitness too fast....by far the best player in the first half..made good runs and passes but unfortunately he is gonna be looked at for goals and so far..he isnt scoring or looks close.
    ah well..it's still early days...maybe he can score a couple tonight against his old club

YNWA
  • Klumpie wrote:

I think he is one of the best midfielders there are. Not many I prefer to him.
    Funny thing is it's more celtic who are known for living in the past than us, as their history is even older than ours lol as in their 9 in a row and European cup, fuk do they hark on about that, Aberdeen has 1 and you wouldn't know! oh yeh i hate them too haha

Well, I can say something about Scotland right now. But I don't do that. I hope you guys can be good again, because you are the father of this great sport.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    agree with that too..Bellamy lost his match fitness too fast....by far the best player in the first half..made good runs and passes but unfortunately he is gonna be looked at for goals and so far..he isnt scoring or looks close.
    ah well..it's still early days...maybe he can score a couple tonight against his old club

FA cup tonight?
    Klumpie wrote:
    i'm one of those who think Gerrard can be overrated at times ..but he does work wonders when he is on top form.
    that shot against PSV too was good too...i thought it had gone in
    this season i'd like him to prove that he can play well against the big boys.
    he always seems quiet against the like of Manure,ARSE-anal and wasnt that great against Chelski.

YNWA
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Well, I can say something about Scotland right now. But I don't do that. I hope you guys can be good again, because you are the father of this great sport.

Say what about Scotland?? i wish you would? You can say what you like, don't hold back i'd be interested to hear?

And ta :)
    FA cup tonight?
    nope..we are playing our game in hand against Newcastle..missed it earlier on due to CL qualifiers.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    nope..we are playing our game in hand against Newcastle..missed it earlier on due to CL qualifiers.

Oh yes I wonder if it will count for the fantasy managers league.
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i'm one of those who think Gerrard can be overrated at times ..but he does work wonders when he is on top form.
    he always seems quiet against the like of Manure,ARSE-anal and wasnt that great against Chelski.

Well that's excactly my point, but my english is worse. If he's really that good, well make Liverpool then the champion of England. He has a good shot, a good cross-pass, he can score and he gets alot of cards. But in top-matches he isn't there.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    I'm no Liverpool fan, but after the events of May 25, 2005, hasn't he earned a lifetime pass for any bad performances?

Oh man, I just heard about this news:
    United keen on deal for Gerrard
    Say what about Scotland?? i wish you would? You can say what you like, don't hold back i'd be interested to hear?

And ta :)

At the moment Scotland is only history.

*going to hide
  • Klumpie wrote:
    If he's really that good, well make Liverpool then the champion of England.
    He can't do it alone. Matter of fact, no champion of the Premiership or the old First Division ever did it alone.
    dkst0426 wrote:
    He can't do it alone. Matter of fact, no champion of the Premiership or the old First Division ever did it alone.

Maradona, WC 1986???
  • Klumpie wrote:
    At the moment Scotland is only history.

*going to hide

Dude you have a serious death wish.:D