Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    real madrid i don´t know i don´t count...
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    He got some skills (good passing game, great kicker) but i wouldn't say he is great. Never saw him standing up as a dominant player, despite that ManU 1998-99 season. He is not the guy who can carry the team on his back.

And i think he feeds from that 'media image' you talked about, so i can't forgive him for that.

So i make mine this George Best words:

"He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle, and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright."

oh no he is great only in madrid .I think it was really wrong that he went there but ok...
    but the point is that he is acctually a good guy ...it´s mostley his wife that wants to much ....but i might be wrong ...i never met them in person...

oh..........
  • Options
    can somebody translate this:

Schei toch uit met die onzin man... Laughing Alsof HSV 16 miljoen gaat betalen voor Farfán. Alsof RVN nu al terug wil naar PSV.... Jij gelooft zeker nog in sprookjes?
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    can somebody translate this:

Schei toch uit met die onzin man... Laughing Alsof HSV 16 miljoen gaat betalen voor Farfán. Alsof RVN nu al terug wil naar PSV.... Jij gelooft zeker nog in sprookjes?

Just like my posts above. Why in the hell will Farfan move to HSV.

Where did you find this???
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    No way dude that is justified.

Actually, you're right. They are just arrogant pussies with a big mouth who think that they are real good.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Just humor me for a minute--how many Real Madrid games did you watch this season?

Not a carry the team on his back kind of guy? England-Greece ring a bell? And what has United done since he left? Or more importantly, how have United's strikers done service-wise since he left?

an awful lot to be exactly...

and despite his Manchester years i didn't see him leading England or Real Madrid anywhere near a title did you? (not that is his fault but...)

as i said before he is good, not 'great'. Or maybe the word 'great' has a different meaning for you and me...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Just like my posts above. Why in the hell will Farfan move to HSV.

Where did you find this???

on a soccer board...we will see :D
  • Options
    well Robert Pires is leaving Arsenal for villa real
    and maybe torres moves to Manu (why to hell i can´t stand this guy)

and hamburg just a wish list:D i´ve to wait til july 3th than beiersdorfer say who´s next:D
    i don´t wanna wait anymore ...that counts for manu off course too ...
    and arsenal wants to buy a kicker from thailand ...i forget the name
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    the transfer market has been boring so far cos players wanna concentrate on the World Cup therefore delaying transfers etc.
    Andy Johnson apparently has bids accepted from Bolton and Wigan too.
    Good to see Wigan continuing to rebuild..great ambition which they can afford with a good chairman...if only Doug Ellis was like him haha
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Nothing real special yet...
  • Options
    Juan Roman Riquelmé transfer to manu???
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Juan Roman Riquelmé transfer to manu???
    Link to report?
  • Options
    bye bye..:D
    Liverpool have this evening confirmed that striker Fernando Morientes has joined Valencia for an undisclosed fee.
    The Spanish striker didn't manage to live up to his reputation during his sixteen months on Merseyside and managed just 12 goals in 61 games for the Reds.

He was left out of the Spanish squad for this summer's World Cup after failing to play a major role in the Liverpool first team last season.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Servia under 21 suck, way to defencive and their only youngsters for crying out loud. They should still be able to enjoy the game, but they are dead already.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    well many off now u 21 teams aren´t that good anymore why?

and axle what is now with Morientes....
  • Options
    and axle what is now with Morientes....
    what do you mean?

YNWA
  • Options
    "Andrei Shevchenko has confirmed that he is leaving Milan, with a move to Chelsea in the pipeline for the Ukrainian striker."

ah well..at least he isnt in his prime anymore...

YNWA
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    "Andrei Shevchenko has confirmed that he is leaving Milan, with a move to Chelsea in the pipeline for the Ukrainian striker."

that is call: ENVY
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    what do you mean?

well he wasn´t that long in in liverpool!!if i remember that right ...why?
  • Options
    http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=19468

so who´s next bit for him ...is this a sell out or what ?it´s ....
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

I wouldn't let him get the ball in the box if I were you. He still knows how to score. smile.
  • Options
    well he wasn´t that long in in liverpool!!if i remember that right ...why?
    yeh well it din work out...he wasn't good enough.

as for Sheva..yeh he can still score but not the threat he was...he just had something lacking last season for Milan..especially in the later stages of the CL

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh well it din work out...he wasn't good enough.

as for Sheva..yeh he can still score but not the threat he was...he just had something lacking last season for Milan..especially in the later stages of the CL

ok ....so you aren´t sad that he´s gone???
    so i think he will end his career in spain ...he ain´t the youngest anymore!!!
  • Options
    ok ....so you aren´t sad that he´s gone???
    so i think he will end his career in spain ...he ain´t the youngest anymore!!!
    no sad at all..i think amentvedder is more sad than me lol..he never found form and he seems happier signing for Valencia so its a good move for him and yes..hes pretty old too.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    no sad at all..i think amentvedder is more sad than me lol..he never found form and he seems happier signing for Valencia so its a good move for him and yes..hes pretty old too.

And are you still aiming for Kuijt? It looks like he may not play at least not tonight against Cameroon. Van Persie is the one starting from the right, apparently he is in good form.
  • Options
    And are you still aiming for Kuijt? It looks like he may not play at least not tonight against Cameroon. Van Persie is the one starting from the right, apparently he is in good form.
    yup..both Liverpool and Newcastle are fighting for his signature..he might also stay at Feyenoord as well.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yup..both Liverpool and Newcastle are fighting for his signature..he might also stay at Feyenoord as well.

I would choose between Feyenoord and liverpool then. Newcastle I don't know, it isn't all that in my book.

The Spurs totally out of the running after they signed Berbatov or the other guy, I always get these two confused.
  • Options
    I would choose between Feyenoord and liverpool then. Newcastle I don't know, it isn't all that in my book.

The Spurs totally out of the running after they signed Berbatov or the other guy, I always get these two confused.
    Newcastle has Owen and that can really help them in the transfer market cos I'm very sure there are still loads of strikers who wanna play up front with him.
    Sperms might still be interested cos Mido left but they havent made any new bids and yeh they signed Berbatov..hes a pretty good player.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Newcastle has Owen and that can really help them in the transfer market cos I'm very sure there are still loads of strikers who wanna play up front with him.
    Sperms might still be interested cos Mido left but they havent made any new bids and yeh they signed Berbatov..hes a pretty good player.

Better than Mido? Did they trade up?