Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i don´t know about this guy ...just saw him once playing ....well we will see if he fits into english foothball style :D
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i don´t know about this guy ...just saw him once playing ....well we will see if he fits into english foothball style :D
    i have seen him play a few times this season in the Primera Liga..hes great..a great addition to the english league.
    hope no work permit problems again.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i have seen him play a few times this season in the Primera Liga..hes great..a great addition to the english league.
    hope no work permit problems again.

we will see i mean you guys have to ..be carefull to ;) a bit ...so he ain´t gettin lonely oh it won´t happen i think:D we will see if he can hanndle with the straight thight that the EPL has...
  • Options
    bad news:

The Football Association has turned down appeals from West Ham and Liverpool for wrongful dismissal for Hayden Mullins and Luis Garcia.
  • Options
    natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    bad news:

The Football Association has turned down appeals from West Ham and Liverpool for wrongful dismissal for Hayden Mullins and Luis Garcia.

That's terrible - there is no way Garcia should have got a red. If Mullins didn't react he most likely would have got a yellow, or maybe just a free kick against him...it was never a red card.

Oh well, it hurts West Ham more than us so I'll live with it.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    the new england coach will be named next week ....

this doesn´t make sence for me at all bec. sven will leave after the WC
    so i think it would be better if they give the new name out after the WC ???
  • Options
    the new england coach will be named next week ....

this doesn´t make sence for me at all bec. sven will leave after the WC
    so i think it would be better if they give the new name out after the WC ???
    they already said they will name him before the WC ages ago.
    its abit distracting but who cares..England can get distracted all they want :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options

yeh i'd agree with that too.
    ah well..at least it will teach Garcia a lesson that English refs are crap..

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i'd agree with that too.
    ah well..at least it will teach Garcia a lesson that English refs are crap..

hey this could had happened everywhere !!!
    and we will see if that really hurts west ham too much;)
    but acctually after all i think it would had been a better game id boro is in the final ..bec. they have now so much ...experiences/tempo i am searching for a word that make sence ...well and they know how to run after a worse 1st half :D
  • Options
    That's terrible - there is no way Garcia should have got a red. If Mullins didn't react he most likely would have got a yellow, or maybe just a free kick against him...it was never a red card.

well i didn´t see it so i can´t say but it´s like that now end of the story ...
    and we will see if it hurts west ham really like you all wish;)
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    they already said they will name him before the WC ages ago.
    its abit distracting but who cares..England can get distracted all they want :D

we will see and maybe all the media hopes that´s getting distracted but hey maybe this gives the player a hau ruck ...sorry but i din´t know how to say such in english ...
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    and hamburg is intrested in Salomon Kalou....we will see !!!

Good player...I hope he stay with Feyenoord.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Good player...I hope he stay with Feyenoord.

than we should buy him;)
  • Options
    than we should buy him;)

No, PSV need some competition in the dutch league. Otherwise PSV will always be the champion.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    No, PSV need some competition in the dutch league. Otherwise PSV will always be the champion.

than you´ve to call beiersdorfer;)
  • Options
    http://lgamsterdamtournament.com./

i want to be there in august damn i have not so much money and time:(:(
  • Options
    http://lgamsterdamtournament.com./

i want to be there in august damn i have not so much money and time:(:(

Don't go...don't go. It's very very bad tournament.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Don't go...don't go. It's very very bad tournament.

and why?..............
  • Options
    and why?..............
    cos of Ajax..lol..

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    cos of Ajax..lol..

but than i can find de reason why VDV and de jong left there lol no i just want to see manu but hey maybe england plays here in the quarter final;) not in amsterdam ...
  • Options
    ronaldo should move from real Madrid to Red Bull Salzburg????Wow

and scolarisaid one our ago no to england ....so the cards will be new
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    wiv that eriksson nob as manager, beckham as captain Im pissed off as it is.............and now all this shit about appointing scolari. A small part of me wants england to fall flat on their asses during the world cup!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    wiv that eriksson nob as manager, beckham as captain Im pissed off as it is.............and now all this shit about appointing scolari. A small part of me wants england to fall flat on their asses during the world cup!!!!!!!!

hey you don´t really mean what you say i just ment the last sentence ...well erikson is the manager til the end of the WC so it´s his last chance to put england further ......;)
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    dont worry they will ;)
    only good thing aboot Scolari is he wont be afraid to drop any of the big name players.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    dont worry they will ;)
    only good thing aboot Scolari is he wont be afraid to drop any of the big name players.

we will see:D

i think all of the Fa want an english manager for real
  • Options
    Luiz Felipe Scolari has sensationally withdrawn his interest in becoming England's next coach.

The current Portugal national team boss announced his decision at a press conference in Germany, where he was expected to provide an update on the England situation.

But while the expectation was for the Brazilian to either confirm, or deny, if he had already agreed to replace Sven Goran Eriksson, Scolari declared he no longer wanted the job.

Scolari has claimed the huge interest over the past 24 hours has prompted him to pull out of the process for succeeding Eriksson after the World Cup.

After The Football Association's chief executive Brian Barwick returned to England on Thursday, following talks with Scolari, there was a mass media scrum outside the Brazilian's house.

He has decided the intrusion into his personal life is not something he wishes to live with and he has stated he will not be England's next coach.

"I will not be the next England coach," affirmed Scolari. "I was one of numerous candidates.

"I will be the Portugal coach until the end of the World Cup. Portugal at this moment cannot cope with a coach negotiating with other federations - they don't really need it at the time being.

"Yesterday I talked with a few friends who helped in my decision. There were 20 reporters in front of my house - that was too much and I didn't like it all.

"I don't like this pressure so I will definitely not be coach of England.

"I have been in talks with the English FA and I want to thank the Portuguese Federation president (Gilberto Madail) for giving me the chance to talk to them.

"I am not and will not be the England coach, but I am happy the English federation (FA) remembered my name and I expect them to name the new coach in the days to come.

"It was an interesting offer with several interesting options and I really thought about it for a long time."

Scolari's decision has placed The FA back at square one in their hunt for a successor to Eriksson.

The Swede is leaving after the World Cup finals and many within the game had been aghast at the possibility of a second consecutive foreign appointment.

The FA are now likely to look closer to home for Eriksson's replacement, with Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren previously the favourite.

Bolton Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce and Charlton Athletic chief Alan Curbishley have also been under consideration, along with former Northern Ireland international Martin O'Neill.

Following Scolari's statement, The FA confirmed they will now consider their position regarding the appointment of the next England coach.

"It is no secret that Mr Scolari is one of the candidates that The FA has spoken to as part of the recruitment process," said The FA in a statement.

"We will now reflect on his announcement before making any further comment as we move forward with the process."

YNWA
  • Options
    powertoolpowertool Posts: 22
    Just read that Sergio Aguero from Independiente is going to Spain, Atletico Madrid paid over 20 millions. Probably the most expensive 17 year old kid ever, Liverpool and Bayern Munich were interested too. Sadly he's not going to the WC cause he's to young and there's more experienced players ahead of him in the Argentina National team, they sayd that Maradona was left out from the 1978 WC for the same reason.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    powertool wrote:
    Just read that Sergio Aguero from Independiente is going to Spain, Atletico Madrid paid over 20 millions. Probably the most expensive 17 year old kid ever, Liverpool and Bayern Munich were interested too. Sadly he's not going to the WC cause he's to young and there's more experienced players ahead of him in the Argentina National team, they sayd that Maradona was left out from the 1978 WC for the same reason.
    damn..i was so sure he was joining us..ah well his loss..

YNWA
  • Options
    Jimmy Bullard has signed for Fulham..great deal for Fulham.
    i think if Wigan don't keep their stars..they will be relegated next season.

YNWA
  • Options
    and why?..............
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    cos of Ajax..lol..
    but than i can find de reason why VDV and de jong left there lol no i just want to see manu but hey maybe england plays here in the quarter final;) not in amsterdam ...

The tournament just sucks, the teams don't play their best football. This are very bad friendly matches. And the tournament is corrupt because Ajax always won. There was a match when Ajax was 3-0 behind against Liverpool and they beat them with 4-3 in the 2nd half because Liverpool put their 2nd team in the field.