The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    apparently not enough time cos yer din remember our Super Cup victory..3-1 scoreline btw ;)

if im not wrong these finals are on a friday night, so i probably was in the pub and i dont remember much if ive had a wee drink.
    Hail Hail
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    evo wrote:
    if im not wrong these finals are on a friday night, so i probably was in the pub and i dont remember much if ive had a wee drink.
    yeh was on a Friday..the week we were suppose to play ARSE-anal at Anfield
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i just say what i see...Wanker obviously meant Rio when he was good..not the current.

and yeh Doll is pretty young for a manager.

haha rio is still good as ussually:p

that´s true but that´s cool for hamburg and for the young players like vdv ;) etc.
    Doll still don´t know the system he might let the team play

4-4-2 or 4-3-3?
    wicky will be missed ....

and gladbach is a young team

de jong can´t play of course-ubs that was last match
    doll didn´t say if he play first half or second ...or not...
    does anybody of you heard the name of this guy:
    Sherjill MacDonald a striker from anderlecht ?...hsv took him on loan for one year...soon ready to play for us ...
    lehmann is now germanys no 1 ...i have no idear if this is good or what ever

anyways i think the men in front of lehmann is our biggest problem we have no good deffender
    well i just mention lol
    hsv and manu are playing both on sunday ,both home, both for the second place
    (some more maybe lol)

and both will win:p

and somehow @the same time:D
    lehmann is now germanys no 1 ...i have no idear if this is good or what ever

anyways i think the men in front of lehmann is our biggest problem we have no good deffender
    what a joke...he sucks imo...he only had one good game all season..and that was at Anfield.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I would pick Pieckenhage over Lehmann any day.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    what a joke...he sucks imo...he only had one good game all season..and that was at Anfield.

hey now i think we won´t survive the preliminary round.....we have good strikers but in the back we are a loosing nr...

but the choice have been made ...
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649

And I think Immel is still better then Lehmann! :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    Dirk Kuyt will miss the next match of Feyenoord, normally is this kind of news nothing special. But Kuyt played already 183 matches uninterrupted since 18 march 2001.

Actually, he didn't miss the match. He just played this match and have played 184 matches uninterrupted since 2001. I think they have a very good docter with Feyenoord.
    Klumpie wrote:
    And I think Immel is still better then Lehmann! :D

haha
    anyways bayern munic plays vs bremen today and i hope bremen win...
    and than hamburg has to win of course;)

all the matches are on sunday that i follow ....

anyways steve McClaren for the job for England even boro´s chief would give him the way free ....???
    haha
    anyways bayern munic plays vs bremen today and i hope bremen win...
    and than hamburg has to win of course;)

all the matches are on sunday that i follow ....

anyways steve McClaren for the job for England even boro´s chief would give him the way free ....???

Hope Hamburg will win!
    PSV will be the champion tomorrow.
    ManU - Arsenal will be a tie.
    AZ will win from Ajax.

And McClaren will be the coach of England! Good choice??? I don't know him good enough to answer that question.
    Newcastle caretaker boss Glenn Roeder admits he is sending scouts out to watch Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt.

With Alan Shearer to hang up his illustrious boots in the summer, Newcastle are stepping up their search for his successor.

Although Roeder is unlikely to be at the helm at St James' Park next season, Kuyt remains a long-term target and his performances between now and the season's close will be assessed.

The 25-year-old front man is also likely to be in action for Holland at the World Cup and Roeder has tipped the powerful striker, also linked to Tottenham, to make his mark in Germany.

Kuyt is unlikely to come cheap and having already shelled out £16 million to land Michael Owen, Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd will have to dig deep again if he is to land a quality partner for the England man.

''I have asked our chief scout David Mills to have a look at Kuyt this weekend,'' said Roeder.

''He's a top player as far as I am concerned. I believe he will have a great World Cup for Holland.''

YNWA
  • Come on Pompey! Hold Blackburn and we won't need to hold manure. Not that I want manure to beat us, just not that confident!
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Newcastle caretaker boss Glenn Roeder admits he is sending scouts out to watch Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt.

With Alan Shearer to hang up his illustrious boots in the summer, Newcastle are stepping up their search for his successor.

Although Roeder is unlikely to be at the helm at St James' Park next season, Kuyt remains a long-term target and his performances between now and the season's close will be assessed.

The 25-year-old front man is also likely to be in action for Holland at the World Cup and Roeder has tipped the powerful striker, also linked to Tottenham, to make his mark in Germany.

Kuyt is unlikely to come cheap and having already shelled out £16 million to land Michael Owen, Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd will have to dig deep again if he is to land a quality partner for the England man.

''I have asked our chief scout David Mills to have a look at Kuyt this weekend,'' said Roeder.

''He's a top player as far as I am concerned. I believe he will have a great World Cup for Holland.''

I heard that, they want him as the new Shearer!
    Klumpie wrote:
    I heard that, they want him as the new Shearer!
    he definitely has the potential to be as good as Shearer
    i think Newcastle wanna sign him cos they think they can sell Owen for 12 million and use that for Kuyt

a surprisingly good game going on now btw Sperms and City
    very attacking game..2-1 now to Sperms

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    he definitely has the potential to be as good as Shearer
    i think Newcastle wanna sign him cos they think they can sell Owen for 12 million and use that for Kuyt

a surprisingly good game going on now btw Sperms and City
    very attacking game..2-1 now to Sperms

I think Newcastle doesn't have a chance! I know that they have more money then Liverpool, but Kuyt always choose on his feelings and he don't choose for the money. So there is still a chance for Liverpool.
    Werder is leading with 3-0!!!!!!!!!
    Klumpie wrote:
    Werder is leading with 3-0!!!!!!!!!

Will it help? Can they still lose the title?
    Will it help? Can they still lose the title?

You can't win from Bayern, you can only lose from Bayern.
    Klumpie wrote:
    You can't win from Bayern, you can only lose from Bayern.

Hahahaha, Hey Klumpie I know your real identity.
    Hahahaha, Hey Klumpie I know your real identity.

And who is that?
    Klumpie wrote:
    I think Newcastle doesn't have a chance! I know that they have more money then Liverpool, but Kuyt always choose on his feelings and he don't choose for the money. So there is still a chance for Liverpool.
    if he chooses his heart's way..then it might be Sperms :(
    ah well...if he's smart and wants to play in the CL ,actually win trophies and join an improving club..then we are the right club to join.

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    And who is that?

Well he has the same initials as Jesus Christ.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Hope Hamburg will win!
    PSV will be the champion tomorrow.
    ManU - Arsenal will be a tie.
    AZ will win from Ajax.

And McClaren will be the coach of England! Good choice??? I don't know him good enough to answer that question.

yeap it would be sooooooooo cool bec. bremen won yesterday 3:0;)
    so it´s no doubt that hsv has to win ...than just 4 points behind bayern munic:D
    yes i´ve heard that;)
    Of course it will be a tie bec. both really want to win and fight..
    manu will win:D
    i can´t say ....
    i just read some rummers
    oh well he was Ferguson's assistent since 2001 .In june 2001 he became the manager of Middlesbrough.Acctually he should started his manager career as i read @west ham or Southampton.
    he played since he was 27 (stoped bec. of injury).He played in Hull,Derby,Bristol city and oxford.
    and he was england´s assistent manager while japan and he´s still as i read and he sign a deal with boro since 2009
    this is a better explainnation:

teve McClaren
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Image © soccer-europe.com
    Enlarge
    Image © soccer-europe.com

Steve McClaren (born in 1963) is a former professional footballer. He played for several clubs including Derby County. He made an initial name in management at Oxford United and then made a great success of an opportunity to become assistant manager under Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

In the summer of 2001 McClaren was offered the position of manager of Middlesbrough and has been a success in the role, taking them into European football for the first time and overseeing the recruitment of many big-name international footballers to the club. He also has pushed the team to reach their highest finish in the Premiership, 7th in the 2004/2005 season which gave them another run in Europe. Many expect to see him managing the England national team in future.

McClaren is also assistant manager and chief coach to the England football team.
    Thomas Doll

Thomas Doll (born April 9, 1966 in Malchin, East Germany) is a former German football (soccer) player, the current head coach of Hamburger SV.

Doll played for the East German national team until German Reunification, when he was then selected for the full German national team. He appeared 18 times for GDR, scoring one goal, and 29 times for the re-united team, scoring seven times.

Doll's club career was mostly with Hansa Rostock during the GDR days; later he played for Hamburg, Eintracht Frankfurt, Lazio and Bari. After returning for a second spell with Hamburg, he retired in 2001. After his career as player he became coach of the second team in Hamburg, in autumn 2004 he became coach of the Bundesliga-team of Hamburg.