The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    speaking of babies..the town of Liverpool had the most babies concieved in May 2005 after our Champions League victory ;)

would any of you guys name yer kids after footie players?

how many players where involved???;)

well i would like to but i wouldn´t call my son rio;)

my man would call me ...
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    how many players where involved???;)

well i would like to but i wouldn´t call my son rio;)

my man would call me ...
    no players involved..just fans ;)

yeh dont think i'd name me child after a footie player too lol
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    no players involved..just fans ;)

yeh dont think i'd name me child after a footie player too lol

ok....but how did you know;) lol

i don´t have a child yet and anyways there are allways 2 to choose the name;)
    woah Brums beat Bolton..this relegation fight is really interesting now
    WBA are now 18th :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    THAT'S TORN IT - BIZARRE FOOTBALL INJURIES

ARSENAL defender Steve Morrow celebrated winning the 1993 League Cup final by jumping on team-mate Tony Adams's shoulders. But Adams dropped him and Morrow broke his collarbone.

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand put his feet up on a coffee table to watch TV and strained a tendon in his knee.

Barnsley midfielder Darren Barnard was sidelined for five months with a torn knee ligament after slipping in puppy pee on his kitchen floor.

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane was with Wolves in 1998 when he ruptured his knee cartilage while stretching to pick up his TV remote control.

Norway defender Svein Grondalen had to pull out of an international in the 1970s after he went out jogging - and collided with a moose.

Spanish keeper Santiago Canizares missed the 2002World Cup finals after he dropped a bottle of aftershave and severed a tendon in his big toe.

Liverpool's Danish keeper Michael Stensgaard was injured for months after he dislocated his shoulder while trying to put up an ironing board.

Brentford keeper Chic Brodie's career was ended in a freak accident in 1970 when he tripped over a terrier which had run on to the pitch after the ball and shattered his kneecap.
    i can´t put that in my own words;) sorry so cute;)

04/04/2006 10:28
    Anton Ferdinand has been one of the shining lights during our first season back in the Premiership, and nobody is prouder than his older brother Rio.

One of the most successful graduates of the Upton Park youth academy - now the world's most expensive defender - spoke exclusively to whufc.com after lining up for Manchester United against his former club at Old Trafford last week.

After recovering from a groin injury, Anton appeared as a 66th minute substitute for Argentine right-back Lionel Scaloni during our 1-0 defeat against the Red Devils and, when asked about the progress of his 21-year-old brother this season, Rio's pride was clear to see.

"I've obviously watched him since he's been growing up as a kid, and he's come a long way since then," said the former Hammers hero. "It would have been nice if he had started the game but it was good to see him come on in the second half.

"When he first got in West Ham's team, he was playing out of position at right-back, and funnily enough he has come on and played there against us.

"When he started out, though, he'd never played at right-back before and people were judging him on that position, which I felt was a little bit unfair. I told him that, when he got his chance in the centre, he had to take it, and he has done that.

"He has adjusted well to the Premiership and, as long as he continues to work hard and show the same attitude, then I'm sure he can go right to the top."

More than five years after leaving Upton Park in an £18million transfer to Leeds United, Rio's affinity for the claret and blue is still strong and he admits to being delighted by the success that Alan Pardew's men have enjoyed since their return to the Premiership.

"I'm so pleased for everyone at the Club and all of the supporters," he said. "I wanted West Ham to stay up, and they've done that, and hopefully now they can enjoy the rest of the season, and perhaps some glory in the FA Cup."

someting i miss;):
    http://www.whufc.com/uploads/images/apr_06/whu_1144135502_antonrio1.jpg
  • SometimesSometimes Posts: 94
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    nah..was unintentional unlike fucking Drogba.
    even if yer wanna cancel that goal..fine...we still beat yer 1-0 then lol
    Alonso's pass was a beauty to set up the second goal.

Baggies visit Villa Park next..should make an interesting derby...the Midlands clubs have been woeful this season

Fucking shit is the word, not woeful.

we never beat Villa, i think Pompey will stay up.
    Sometimes wrote:
    Fucking shit is the word, not woeful.

we never beat Villa, i think Pompey will stay up.
    Brums are picking up points at the right time too..it's gonna be another entertaining end like last season.
    personally i'd hate to see Brums or Pompey go down but one of them has to.
    doubt Villa is gonna lose that many points to go down.

YNWA
  • SometimesSometimes Posts: 94
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Brums are picking up points at the right time too..it's gonna be another entertaining end like last season.
    personally i'd hate to see Brums or Pompey go down but one of them has to.
    doubt Villa is gonna lose that many points to go down.

in other words u wanna see the baggies relegated. u should want us to stay up, guaranteed 6 points for u next season, two cleans sheets as well....and a major boost to your goal difference. if i was a liverpool fan, i'd be cheering the baggies all the way.
    Sometimes wrote:
    in other words u wanna see the baggies relegated. u should want us to stay up, guaranteed 6 points for u next season, two cleans sheets as well....and a major boost to your goal difference. if i was a liverpool fan, i'd be cheering the baggies all the way.
    well not really...but i prefer Brums and Pompey to the Baggies that's all.
    if Baggies stay up too Liverpool will be selling Kirkland to them so that might be a bonus for Liverpool as well cos i rather he join WBA than a big club.

i couldnt give a shit that Sunderland are going down..the writing was on the wall for them even before the season started when they signed lower division standard players.
    but the others well it will be alittle cruel.

YNWA
    good games this Sunday in England...can't wait for them!

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Next sunday is PSV the champion!
    this sunday will be a match that really will be hard gunners vs red devils

but Manu will win (i hope that by my hard;)) it will be though bec. arsenal really got a high ....
    we will see
    and what about hammers and boro

and hsv will win vs Borussia Mönchengldbach:D
    congrats to PSV :)

as for the Manure ARSE-anal game...ARSE-anal can win provided Manure don't cheat again like last season's Old Trafford encounter.
    i can see Manure players fighting like immature babies when they are 1 down this Sunday ;)

YNWA
    oh my goodness chelsea vs west ham come on west ham has to beat chelsea :D

boro vs newcastle i think boro win;)

and liverpool vs bolton :p no comment :D
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    congrats to PSV :)

as for the Manure ARSE-anal game...ARSE-anal can win provided Manure don't cheat again like last season's Old Trafford encounter.
    i can see Manure players fighting like immature babies when they are 1 down this Sunday ;)

Thank you,

I hope the reds will end at the second place.
    I have more respect for Liverpool then for Manure.
    oh my goodness chelsea vs west ham come on west ham has to beat chelsea :D

boro vs newcastle i think boro win;)

and liverpool vs bolton :p no comment :D
    Newcastle will hammer Boro..Newcastle fairly do well in derbies

Bolton game will be tough but we can do it

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    Thank you,

lol dont blame you ;)

second place is too tough for us now...we really screwed up in February when we had the advantage but well anything can happen especially with Manure having a pretty tough fixture list coming up.

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    Thank you,

lol dont blame you ;)

second place is too tough for us now...we really screwed up in February when we had the advantage but well anything can happen especially with Manure having a pretty tough fixture list coming up.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Newcastle will hammer Boro..Newcastle fairly do well in derbies

Bolton game will be tough but we can do it

shure? ...maybe not this time:D
    hope you don´t do it;)
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol dont blame you ;)

we can do that i know manu will fight pretty well belive me:D
    shure? ...maybe not this time:D
    hope you don´t do it;)
    lol yer one funny person.
    a Manure fan supporting Boro lol...Manure fans really hate Boro cos they always beat Manure...i always look forward to Boro vs Manure games
    i thoroughly enjoyed this season's game at the Riverside :)

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    Thank you,

what wait a minute in this you dissapoint me really ..........
    but
    congrates to psv ...
    but
    congrates to psv ...
    face it..noone respects Manure..they are cheats and always act immaturely when they lose.
    i have not seen them lose with grace before since at least 96 when they lost to Villa

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    face it..noone respects Manure..they are cheats and always act immaturely when they lose.
    i have not seen them lose with grace before since at least 96 when they lost to Villa

that´s not true .. but hey that´s how you must see it;):D
    since when is loosing with grace??
    but
    congrates to psv ...

I will say this!

ManU = Money
    Liverpool = Football
    that´s not true .. but hey that´s how you must see it;):D
    since when is loosing with grace??
    look at other teams..or Liverpool
    when we lose..we dont throw tantrums and fight with opponents for no reason..we just accept it and think aboot the next game and how we can improve on it.
    like when Manure lost to Everton last season..they got stupid red cards cos they were crybabies who cant accept defeat.
    mark my words..if Manure lose this weekend..they will start some sorta argument during the game.

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    I will say this!

ManU = Money
    Liverpool = Football
    hell yeh..even ARSE-anal have sold their soul for money by naming their new stadium Emirates.

btw..Manure's new shirt sponsor is now AIG

YNWA
    Dirk Kuyt will miss the next match of Feyenoord, normally is this kind of news nothing special. But Kuyt played already 183 matches uninterrupted since 18 march 2001.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Dirk Kuyt will miss the next match of Feyenoord, normally is this kind of news nothing special. But Kuyt played already 183 matches uninterrupted since 18 march 2001.
    wow..thats even better than Lampard's record.

YNWA