Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,496
    jimed14 wrote:
    Matt Cain?

Matt Cain is signed through 2010, with a team option in 2011 ...

for a team that just made the collosal mistake of signing Zito to that ridiculous deal ... they (the Giants) need a cheap starter like Cain (he'll make under $3M next year).

Cano stands to make 2 - 3 times what Cain is signed at for the next few years ...

Giants need offense. fine we'll give u Kennedy too :D I feel bad for Cain, he deserves some run support

I'm just speculating
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Giants need offense. fine we'll give u Kennedy too :D I feel bad for Cain, he deserves some run support

I'm just speculating

well, I'm just a displaced Sox fan .. I laughed so hard at the Giants when they signed Zito to what could be the worst contract in baseball history (more than A-Rod's) ...

Giants need a LOT of things (granted, not so much in the NL west) ... but, there is just no reason to trade a young, cheap, very good starter ...

I'm sure they'd deal Zito to the Yanks!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I think we will trade for Matt Cain(possibly Cano) sign CC, Texeira

If they trade Cano for Cain...we might go after Brian Roberts
    Gardner needs to start in CF, He'll steal a bunch and play good D

'09 Rotation

1)CC
    2)Wang
    3)Cain
    4)Mussina
    5)Pettite

Hughes will have starts in '09, '10 he'll be full time. Joba,Coke,Aceves will give us 1 of the best pens.

If we stay healthy, it could be fun

and that's if moose and pettite return. both are mulling over retirement. i read a girardi quote saying he's pretty sure andy will return, but wouldn't comment on moose.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    and that's if moose and pettite return. both are mulling over retirement. i read a girardi quote saying he's pretty sure andy will return, but wouldn't comment on moose.

After winning 20 games, and chasing 300 wins...I doubt it

He is not a power pitcher, so if he has control over his pitches he can be effective.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    well, I'm just a displaced Sox fan .. I laughed so hard at the Giants when they signed Zito to what could be the worst contract in baseball history (more than A-Rod's) ...

Giants need a LOT of things (granted, not so much in the NL west) ... but, there is just no reason to trade a young, cheap, very good starter ...

I'm sure they'd deal Zito to the Yanks!

I dont even think the Yanks are dumb enough. He pitched better down the strech...still no where near his contract. I give him credit for pushin forward.

Mike Hampton didn't really give a shit after he cashed in
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    igotid88 wrote:
    Who here is hoping C.C. doesn't have to good a playoffs? Cuz if he pitches the way he has since he arrived in Milwaukee. He's gonna demand more than Johan. Not that the Yankees can't afford it. But it scares me a little.

I'm glad Cashman is back.

your wish is coming true.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    igotid88 wrote:
    your wish is coming true.

talking to yourself I see ... :D

7.17 career playoff ERA for Sabathia coming into this game ...

do you want to overspend on a guy that melts in October?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    talking to yourself I see ... :D

7.17 career playoff ERA for Sabathia coming into this game ...

do you want to overspend on a guy that melts in October?

Not me. If we get him fine. But not Johan money or more. Which would've happened if he had pitched the way he did the last 10 or so starts. But then again he has pitched 4 starts in a row on 3 days rest.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Mariano had his surgery today.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Anybody here pissed that alot of the mistakes the Angels made against the Red Sox in the division series. Would have worked on the Yankees? Like the suicide squeeze for example.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Phil Hughes and Austin Jackson had good games today in the Arizona Fall League.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The Yankees have canceled the concert next month to close Yankee Stadium. Mostly because they weren't sure they could get the artists they planned to get.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    If I was Girardi I would have the each member of the Yanks study their city sharing friends...The New York Giants very closely this off season. Have them watch every snap, watch film from last year, watch the parade, and hell even go to their practices. See what it is like to be a true TEAM.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    No way would I trade Cano. He had a bad year. He's still one of the best, young 2b in the game. You don't forget how to hit .320 when you're 26. I blame the hitting coach. Cano will bounce back and is way more valuable to the Yankees then people here are saying.

I think the Yanks will go after, and get CC and Burnett. Andy will retire.

09 Rotation:

CC
    Wang
    Burnett
    Joba
    Moose
  • Options
    Hughes had another good outing in the AFL today.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    Will Wall Street's woes hit the Yankees?

The New York Yankees are counting on corporate titans to pony up as much as $850,000 a year for luxury boxes in the team's new stadium.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/14/magazines/fortune/birger_yanks.fortune/index.htm
  • Options
    Yankees fired Bobby Meacham and Rich Monteleone.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Apparently Pettite is going to come back next year.
    Personally I'd like either Pettitte or Mussina retire. Don't really want both of them back. Need some young fresh blood. It'd be a nice way for Mussina to go out with the 20 win season.

Would you rather Pettitte or Mussina if you could have just one?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• Options
    Personally I'd like either Pettitte or Mussina retire. Don't really want both of them back. Need some young fresh blood. It'd be a nice way for Mussina to go out with the 20 win season.

young fresh blood that hughes kennedy and joba were supposed to be? doing preseason interviews last year about how its gonna be hard for the all star manager to choose which one will start the game?

id take andy. less likely to spin a slow breaking ball into the zone to get crushed and break the new scoreboard
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    young fresh blood that hughes kennedy and joba were supposed to be? doing preseason interviews last year about how its gonna be hard for the all star manager to choose which one will start the game?

id take andy. less likely to spin a slow breaking ball into the zone to get crushed and break the new scoreboard
    huh???
    ok hughes was a major disappointmen but i still want him around. hes 22 with a lot of potential. kennedy can take his ass somewhere else and never come back. & Joba is the man. They're just F'ing with him too much. Just make him a starter of a reliever (eventual closer) and keep it that way dammit.

I'm saying i want either pettitte or mus and then some new & maybe young faces.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options

after the way moose pitched this season, it's a tough call....but i guess i'd go with pettitte. nothing against moose, i just feel a bit more comfortable with andy.
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    first new out of team meetings.....Joba "most likely" to be in the starting rotation. Good call. I'm glad they are deciding early so he can prepare and have peice of mind. Now keep it that way!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    first new out of team meetings.....Joba "most likely" to be in the starting rotation. Good call. I'm glad they are deciding early so he can prepare and have peice of mind. Now keep it that way!!

i like it that way, too. now i can look at the rotation and figure out what game he'll be pitching and (hopefully) get tickets for that game. we went to one game in may and hoped so hard to see him come in for an inning, but it didn't happen.
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    Joba was arrested for DUI. He was stopped for speeding in Nebraska. And there was open container.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ai1VZxRX.z3slV3UecardFkRvLYF?slug=ap-yankees-chamberlaindui&prov=ap&type=lgns
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Btw....anyone see Center Stage with Jorge Posada. I debuted a few months ago but is the latest episode of this show. I thought it was one of the best Center Stage editions I have seen if not the best. Posada is tough balls to the wall dude. Not too many others like him on the team.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Hughes got shelled to the tune of 8 runs in less then three innings.

Frustrating considering his other two starts were good but he had a lot of walks.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I think the Yanks would be demented not to be serious players in the Jake Peavy trade market. I know SD is asking for an arm and a leg in prospects but im hoping the Yanks at least try to offer a good package. Maybe around Melky and Kennedy??? Peavy is an ace! However he wants to stay in the NL which may factor in
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    i would rather give prospects (including melky and kennedy) than just going after every free agent
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    I think the Yanks would be demented not to be serious players in the Jake Peavy trade market. I know SD is asking for an arm and a leg in prospects but im hoping the Yanks at least try to offer a good package. Maybe around Melky and Kennedy??? Peavy is an ace! However he wants to stay in the NL which may factor in

I don't think he could handle NY. And isn't he always hurt?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Hughes pitched in the Rising Stars game today. Didn't have a good outing. Gave up two 2 run homers. But only one was 3 were earned.
    I miss igotid88