Anyone LOVE where they live?

Comments

• nfanel wrote:
    i can't imagine why. :p

come check it out sometime. its supposed to be in the 70's today :)
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    come check it out sometime. its supposed to be in the 70's today :)
    don't tempt me! i am not cut out for these pennsylvania winters...even after all these years!

and stop rubbing it in! :p
  • nfanel wrote:
    and stop rubbing it in! :p

thats what she said, HA!
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    thats what she said, HA!
    :rolleyes: should've seen that coming!

and there's another easy one for you! :D

really, this could go on all day... :p
  • xscorcho wrote:
    i live on lake geneva in switzerland... lake in front of me.. mts behind me... i love it except i dont speak french so it gets a big lonely... but as far as location.. its great.

although..... i must say... san diego was better :D i had awesome people and location there.

im thinking maybe nyc or dc next.

I spent a long weekend in Vevey this summer. Awesome place. I'm jealous that you live on Lake Geneva.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    I spent a long weekend in Vevey this summer. Awesome place. I'm jealous that you live on Lake Geneva.
    vevey, montreux, etc are right across the lake from me... it looks beautiful at night when theyre all lit up.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Oh I LOVED living in Dublin! I lived on Bushy Park Road in Dublin 6 (How I remember that I don't know) and it was so much fun! Dublin is such a great city! I also lived in Limerick, and even though my friends and coworkers were great, obviously Dublin was much more fun as a city. :D

ah sweet! i live on the Templeogue Road, D6 - literally around the corner! i live beside the main entrance to Bushy Park itself (which i know is not beside Bushy Park Road :) ) so you know EXACTLY why i like where i live! thats cool that you loved it! just a really chilled out area

nights out in Terenure, Rathgar & Rathmines? brilliant
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    JordyWordy wrote:
    ah sweet! i live on the Templeogue Road, D6 - literally around the corner! i live beside the main entrance to Bushy Park itself (which i know is not beside Bushy Park Road :) ) so you know EXACTLY why i like where i live! thats cool that you loved it! just a really chilled out area

nights out in Terenure, Rathgar & Rathmines? brilliant

Oh cool! Small world! :D Ah, I miss those days. ;)
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Nope. Hate San Diego actually. But, that doesn't help you much. Sorry. :(
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• xscorcho wrote:
    vevey, montreux, etc are right across the lake from me... it looks beautiful at night when theyre all lit up.

Coolest thing I did was rent a bike and ride it up into the vineyards above Vevey and get plastered wine tasting on my rented bike.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    I love overlooking the water by the basketball courts. However, my heart is set on Montana.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    SENROCK! wrote:
    not the actual house but i love that i live in so cal. Theres so much to see and do & theres NEVER a dull moment. Everywhere is driving distance from L.A/O.C.......desert, mountains, vegas, ocean, I.E, mexxxico, san fran, snow, montana ;)......its awesome out here! i DO love chicago though.....and hawaii is VERY close to my heart~

I think peter frampton lives in Ohio though

:D
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • i live near new york and love every minute of it!
  • CorsoCorso Posts: 201
    I love where I live.

Hour to the beach, hour to Mt. Hood, hour to the high desert.

Good public transportation(that I don't use)

Many microbreweries, fine greens, lots of good local and touring music all of the time.

Big town, but doesn't feel big at all. No sales tax and people pump your gas.

Sounds like majority of post enjoy or love where they live. I must reconsider a relocation program and bust out of here. It's not that bad but after reading most of the post I must say the lifestyle is much better in some of the locations mentioned.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I have lived in the same area my entire life (Beverly Hills/West Los Angeles).....the people walk around like the world owes them something, the high school girls look like they are 25, and the people in the entertainment think they are the bee's knees.

However, I love my tree-lined street, and the fact that I can watch the rain, or the people passing by, from my living room makes me love where I live!

I also wouldn't have as many good professional or music opportunities anywhere else, so L.A. is my home!
    jamie uk wrote:
    My place is beautiful, but they tax the shit out of us! And it can be cold, too cold. I'm gonna end my days in the sunshine,..somewhere...with low taxes!!

Are you in Cardiff?
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have lived in the same area my entire life (Beverly Hills/West Los Angeles).....the people walk around like the world owes them something, the high school girls look like they are 25, and the people in the entertainment think they are the bee's knees.

However, I love my tree-lined street, and the fact that I can watch the rain, or the people passing by, from my living room makes me love where I live!

I also wouldn't have as many good professional or music opportunities anywhere else, so L.A. is my home!

:D those people aren't real Cali's they are the ones that moved here over the course of the years and figured they were supposed to act that way.

Us native cali's are way awesomer than that ;)
    I have people around me that call Orange county "the OC" and are like lexis bitches...but, know what? their fake tans and cheesy opportunistic ways cannot change our golden state...

we gots the secret in the dirt at our toes...even when it's been paved for another jamba juice. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    :D those people aren't real Cali's they are the ones that moved here over the course of the years and figured they were supposed to act that way.

Us native cali's are way awesomer than that ;)
    I have people around me that call Orange county "the OC" and are like lexis bitches...but, know what? their fake tans and cheesy opportunistic ways cannot change our golden state...

we gots the secret in the dirt at our toes...even when it's been paved for another jamba juice. ;)

I agree...the locals aren't impressed!

However, I must say its not very becoming of a native to use the word "Cali"
    :)
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I agree...the locals aren't impressed!

However, I must say its not very becoming of a native to use the word "Cali"

:eek:

callin' me on the sarcasm?!?!?!

I have been using it almost exclusively since I heard some woman call it that with like a weird hippie/stoner attempt...

sometimes to throw people off I call it SOcal (with such the emphy on the SEW sound)

living near Disneyland sort of jades you...especially during the summer. ;)
    I think I will attempt to convince people in my area next summer that 'forn-I-AY is totally the way to say it.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    :eek:

callin' me on the sarcasm?!?!?!

I have been using it almost exclusively since I heard some woman call it that with like a weird hippie/stoner attempt...

sometimes to throw people off I call it SOcal (with such the emphy on the SEW sound)

living near Disneyland sort of jades you...especially during the summer. ;)
    I think I will attempt to convince people in my area next summer that 'forn-I-AY is totally the way to say it.

I agree...SoCal sounds like something you would hear on a tv commercial!

Cali For-Ya

:eek: You meant that is NOT the way to say it? :eek:
  • :eek: You meant that is NOT the way to say it? :eek:

oh ummm no no that is the way i um meant like iwould try to you know edumacate peoples in the proper uh you know... :o

oh ummm no no that is the way i um meant like iwould try to you know edumacate peoples in the proper uh you know... :o

:(

Aw, well golly gee; my ma done learned me WRONG...I's been sayn Californ-I-AY all my life! :mad:
  • doezdoez Posts: 9
    I love where I live. It has provided me with everything I love to do and see. It sucks that there are so many transients. Over half of the friends I've made here are gone by the next season. I soon too have to leave for law school though. I guess I'm just another statistic here. I would love to relocate here again after school though.
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    yep. it's really beautiful around these parts. it never gets too hot or too cold. the gorgeous springs and summers here more than make up for the rainy falls and winters. and the people around here are generally mellow and friendly :)

it sure beats the fuck out of the hellhole that is Va-jin-ya
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Simply put

...yes

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I love it, the Norther suburb of sydney, not too much violence, not too much crime, im not saying it doent happen, but it is gooood
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    jamie uk wrote:
    My place is beautiful, but they tax the shit out of us! And it can be cold, too cold. I'm gonna end my days in the sunshine,..somewhere...with low taxes!!

I wonder if OLS is looking for a neighbor in Arizona...
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    love my city...no violence, no wars, normal taxes, no corruption, good cops...Luxembourg you can stick your GDP per capita up your ***
  • I love where I live. I'm a mile and a half down a dirt road. It takes 20 minutes to drive to town. I have a million dollar view (at least that's what everybody tells me). We're on 5 acres - more like 35 acres, it's all in the family. My pets are strictly outside animals. There is a 4 acre lake on the property. The house is a mess, but life is good. Most of the people in town are a little too hippie for my taste, but to each his own.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.