Anyone LOVE where they live?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I live in a 300 square foot apartment in the heart of Lincoln Park, Chicago and I think I'm happier here than I would be in a mansion anywhere else in the world..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I live in a 300 square foot apartment in the heart of Lincoln Park, Chicago and I think I'm happier here than I would be in a mansion anywhere else in the world..

My closet is that big. My damn wife and her shoes!
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i live in sydney australia...whats not to love? :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    not the actual house but i love that i live in so cal. Theres so much to see and do & theres NEVER a dull moment. Everywhere is driving distance from L.A/O.C.......desert, mountains, vegas, ocean, I.E, mexxxico, san fran, snow, montana ;)......its awesome out here! i DO love chicago though.....and hawaii is VERY close to my heart~
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    i live on lake geneva in switzerland... lake in front of me.. mts behind me... i love it except i dont speak french so it gets a big lonely... but as far as location.. its great.

although..... i must say... san diego was better :D i had awesome people and location there.

im thinking maybe nyc or dc next.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    xscorcho wrote:
    i live on lake geneva in switzerland... lake in front of me.. mts behind me... i love it except i dont speak french so it gets a big lonely... but as far as location.. its great.

although..... i must say... san diego was better :D i had awesome people and location there.

im thinking maybe nyc or dc next.

what took you to switzerland? san diego is great. its a quik enough drive from the OC for drinks or....ice cream! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I live in Warwick NY. I love my town! We have the best of both worlds, NYC is only 50 miles away...but we are still in the country. I see bears, coyotes, deer, and tons of other animals on a daily basis. We have 4 ski slopes with in 15 minutes, and a bigger ones an hour away. We have a lake 10 minutes away where we keep a boat in the summer. The AT is 2 minutes away and a few other parks just as close, great for hiking, Mt. Biking. Harriman State Park and Sterling Forest Preserve are 20 minutes away for more hiking. We have many farms that offer horseback riding. Three wineries, apple orchards, dairy farms, a excellent little town for shopping. Now if only we could stop the crowds of people from moving here....we could stop the crazy building of McMansions, and nasty people from taking over!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I live in Houston. I used to hate it and couldn't wait to move. I guess it finally grew on me b/c I really like it now. There is so much to do and the people are so nice.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Sorry...double post
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    I live in delaware and love it!!!! 30 mi9nutes from philly, nj , baltimore, atlantic city, 2 hours from new york . 1 hour from the beach. pretty cool
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I love living where I live
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • I'm all about the concrete jungle
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    No but I honestly believe I'm part gypsy. The winters here very nice but the summers are brutal. Which really sucks when you enjoy the outdoors and you have kids. I'm not sure though that I'd ever find the perfect place to live because I always have an itch to try somewhere new. With our family spread throughout the U.S., Latin America, and Europe, we never seem to have enough vacation time.
  • I'm going to have to say no to that question. I really dislike Syracuse. It's cold and grimy. Slightly depressing. The city is icky. Basketball good, but the snow SUCKS! Taxes? EWWW!

But I got an internship right out of college that kept me here. And that led to other opportunities. And then, to make us happier we bought a house. Love the house, the community we live in is cute, but again, snow and taxes blow!

Someday we'll venture south...

It's compromise for now between my hubby and I.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • where i am is a quiet part of queens, it's an hour from the city but the good thing is the express bus that runs from right in front of my house into midtown.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Geographically, yes!
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    I could go for a little more snow/a little less rain during the winter months, but otherwise yes.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Sometimes I appreciate Cambridge, but I love mountains, and East Anglia's as flat as a witch's tit.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I live in Warwick NY. I love my town! We have the best of both worlds, NYC is only 50 miles away...but we are still in the country. I see bears, coyotes, deer, and tons of other animals on a daily basis. We have 4 ski slopes with in 15 minutes, and a bigger ones an hour away. We have a lake 10 minutes away where we keep a boat in the summer. The AT is 2 minutes away and a few other parks just as close, great for hiking, Mt. Biking. Harriman State Park and Sterling Forest Preserve are 20 minutes away for more hiking. We have many farms that offer horseback riding. Three wineries, apple orchards, dairy farms, a excellent little town for shopping. Now if only we could stop the crowds of people from moving here....we could stop the crazy building of McMansions, and nasty people from taking over!

oxc

I'm in Ulster County. Nice area. Pretty quiet and just close enough.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Sometimes I appreciate Cambridge, but I love mountains, and East Anglia's as flat as a witch's tit.

Witches have flat tits? Hmm, I never noticed, I guess I was staring at their asses too much!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I really like where I live. A few blocks from Pike Place, about 1/2 mile from the center of downtown, a block from Elliott Bay, near some nice places to eat, next to a big sculpture park, a 42" plasma, a wine rack, a football shaped cooler on the deck, guitars on the wall, good friends, wireless internet, great visitors, and a beautiful woman.....I couldn't ask for anything more.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Live in a small apartment in NYC (which apartments aren't small, right?). Couldn't be happier. Not only are the available activities not like anywhere else (recently in one week I went to Letterman, The Opera at Lincoln Center, a Mets game, and a stand-up comedy show where the performers were in the nude) but also the ability to make a lot of $$$ to enjoy the activities is all around you. The city is always buzzing, and I can't recommend it strongly enough to anyone who has ever considered living here!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • i've really loved all my apartments and neighborhoods.

right now I live in somerville, ma in a 2 family victorian and I love it. the neighborhood is great and I love the architecture.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I hate where I live. The college town here is boring as fuck... there's literally nothing to do off-campus save for going to the shitty local movie theatre. I don't understand how anyone could want to live here if they're not here for college. It's terrible, and the weather is pretty bad too.

Back home isn't much better. It's just a boring middle class suburban neighborhood. It's nice and pleasant, but it's not really for me.

I would LOVE to live in Manhattan someday. Hopefully I can get into NYU for graduate school and live there afterwards if I like it as much as I think I will.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • I love living in Chicago. I have a cute loft with 11 foot ceilings and an awesome roof top deck. I absolutely love bucktown, the neighborhood i live in.

I do wish i had a dishwasher and a/c in the summer. But I still love it
  • I live in Staten Island, NY. I hate it. I envy all of you who are in SoCal, Chicago, Seattle.... Staten Island, New York is a festering cesspool of hell.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • I live in beautiful Orange County CALIFORNIA....born and raised...so OF COURSE I love where I live...and I love giving Cali-pride lessons too!

C*A*L*I*F*O*R*N*I*A
    Poppies!!!
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I live in beautiful Orange County CALIFORNIA....born and raised...so OF COURSE I love where I live...and I love giving Cali-pride lessons too!

C*A*L*I*F*O*R*N*I*A
    Poppies!!!
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh wow! Is it sunny there?
  • Oh wow! Is it sunny there?

yeah, but it is also very crisp. I think it's about 70 degrees...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Hate SLC, but am moving to Vermont this summer and can't wait
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me