Options

Does anyone else hate dating???

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    So I talked to this girl on the phone for the first time last night and just now about plans for tonight. About 10 minutes each call..

It's not often that somebody can be that annoying by just talking to them over the phone. How the hell do I get out of this date? She sounds like absolutely no fun. No sense of humor. When I asked her what food she likes or what restaurants she prefers her response was "I never go out".. There's a good reason she's looking for guys on the internet.

And I don't want to make a judgement now, but she sounds like she might be mildly retarded.

I already made the plans. How the hell do I make the evening somewhat enjoyable and avoid hurting her feelings???
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    So I talked to this girl on the phone for the first time last night and just now about plans for tonight. About 10 minutes each call..

It's not often that somebody can be that annoying by just talking to them over the phone. How the hell do I get out of this date? She sounds like absolutely no fun. No sense of humor. When I asked her what food she likes or what restaurants she prefers her response was "I never go out".. There's a good reason she's looking for guys on the internet.

And I don't want to make a judgement now, but she sounds like she might be mildly retarded.

I already made the plans. How the hell do I make the evening somewhat enjoyable and avoid hurting her feelings???

has she got 2 boobs? if so i'd turn up :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    at the moment I am HATING dating. Seriously!! grrrr!
  • Options

I forgot to mention, so far we have absolutely nothing in common. Not in music, not in sports. When talking to her I felt like I was talking to someone on a different planet.

My big concern right now is, if things get bad, how short of a date can I make it without hurting her feelings???

If I ever date someone from online again, it is going to have to be from this board. No place else, lol.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I forgot to mention, so far we have absolutely nothing in common. Not in music, not in sports. When talking to her I felt like I was talking to someone on a different planet.

If I ever date someone from online again, it is going to have to be from this board. No place else, lol.

That doesn't sound fun at all. Why go out with someone like that?
  • Options
    That doesn't sound fun at all. Why go out with someone like that?
    Because I already made plans. Before that we'd just been chit chatting online, just saying hi, whats up, hows the weather.. I hadn't actually talked to her and wanted to give it a chance. She seems to really want to meet me.
  • Options
    Because I already made plans. Before that we'd just been chit chatting online, just saying hi, whats up, hows the weather.. I hadn't actually talked to her and wanted to give it a chance. She seems to really want to meet me.

just a thought, but why go out with her if you're not interested? That's just leading her on ... which as someone is getting currently getting strung along, really sucks!
  • Options
    ReleasH wrote:
    just a thought, but why go out with her if you're not interested? That's just leading her on ... which as someone is getting currently getting strung along, really sucks!
    Because she's been begging me to go out with her. I figure since I hadn't actually met her, I should give it a shot. I hadn't talked to her on the phone until yesterday when I called to make plans. Things could still turn out ok, but judging from the phone conversation, I doubt it. I can't cancel now. Should I call her and make an excuse??? Or tell her I think she sounds like an idiot?.. I'm already too late. I just need to go out for a bit tonight and try to make the best of it.
  • Options
    Because she's been begging me to go out with her. I figure since I hadn't actually met her, I should give it a shot. I hadn't talked to her on the phone until yesterday when I called to make plans. Things could still turn out ok, but judging from the phone conversation, I doubt it. I can't cancel now. Should I call her and make an excuse??? Or tell her I think she sounds like an idiot?.. I'm already too late. I just need to go out for a bit tonight and try to make the best of it.

If it was me, I would try to make an excuse...but then if you do that, she may be pressing to reschedule. I say go suck it up; have some drinks. You may actually end up having fun. :) Who knows, maybe she was just in a bad mood? Hope you are just going for drinks and not dinner, that way you can get a feel for things and bail if you need to, or keep the night going. Good luck. :)
  • Options

I commend you for wanting to at least give her a shot in person. Maybe she's just a terrible phone conversationist. I guess the worst that could happen is you don't have a good time. Good luck.

Word of warning: If she's been begging you to go out then I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't pick up on the normal "I'm not interested in you" hints.
  • Options
    I hope I never have to date again. I am with the most incredible guy I have ever met. I can't help myself I had to write in this thread. I usually just read other peoples threads but I saw an opportunity to tell everyone about this amazing person Im with. I can't stop talking and thinking about him. I know it sounds cheezy to tell you all this but I am soooooo lucky to have met him!!!
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Options
    ReleasH wrote:
    Word of warning: If she's been begging you to go out then I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't pick up on the normal "I'm not interested in you" hints.
    You mean when 10 minutes into going out I mention its getting late and I have to wake up reeeally early, she'll be planning the second date for me? lol.
  • Options
    You mean when 10 minutes into going out I mention its getting late and I have to wake up reeeally early, she'll be planning the second date for me? lol.

lol! :D

yeah something like that ... I would expect an email/text/phone call from her probably late afternoon tomorrow.
  • Options
    ReleasH wrote:
    lol! :D

yeah something like that ... I would expect an email/text/phone call from her probably late afternoon tomorrow.
    You know, I've put her off for a few months now and have acted really busy and I was, so I don't think perminantly blowing her off after tonight will be very shocking to her. lol.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    indiffgrl wrote:
    I hope I never have to date again. I am with the most incredible guy I have ever met. I can't help myself I had to write in this thread. I usually just read other peoples threads but I saw an opportunity to tell everyone about this amazing person Im with. I can't stop talking and thinking about him. I know it sounds cheezy to tell you all this but I am soooooo lucky to have met him!!!

How long does it take you to inflate him each time?

(sorry.. with BostonLou banned for life.. someone had to do it!)

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Just got back from the date. Cute, sweet girl, but messed up. She came from an alcoholic dad and an abusive marriage, now divorced. She talked my head off. I felt like I was out with my grandma. Very insecure and kept repeating herself. The only reason I'd go out with her again would be because I felt bad for her, but that would probably be the worst thing to do to her..
  • Options
    Just got back from the date. Cute, sweet girl, but messed up. She came from an alcoholic dad and an abusive marriage, now divorced. She talked my head off. I felt like I was out with my grandma. Very insecure and kept repeating herself. The only reason I'd go out with her again would be because I felt bad for her, but that would probably be the worst thing to do to her..

Well, at least you tried, and now you know. Yeah, don't do any sympathy dates; that definitely will hurt her more.
  • Options
    Well, at least you tried, and now you know. Yeah, don't do any sympathy dates; that definitely will hurt her more.
    It's hard though, because she seemed really into me. I'm a sucker for that. I'm going to feel like an ass for not calling her back, but I can't drag this on if I'm already seeing the problems.
  • Options
    It's hard though, because she seemed really into me. I'm a sucker for that. I'm going to feel like an ass for not calling her back, but I can't drag this on if I'm already seeing the problems.

Yeah I understand. It may seem like you are sparing her feelings, but do yourself and her a favor by ending it. You are right; dragging it on will make you miserable and just cause probs for both of you. Dating does suck; I got out of a relationship a couple months ago and have been on whirlwind of dates since then. There have been some fun times though. If you are up for it, just stay in the game, sample what is out there and have fun! You should never feel obligated to date someone because you feel bad. Date someone who you have fun with! :D She is out there for you. :)
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Yeah.... ............ ..................... ............ ..................... ............ ..................... ............ ..................... ............ ..................... ............ ..................... ............ ..................... ............ .................She is out there for you. :)
    *searches* :eek:
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:

HAHA! Aww...you on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. :p

JUST KIDDING!!!! :D;)
  • Options
    HAHA! Aww...you on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. :p

JUST KIDDING!!!! :D;)
    wow i wonder if i change at 3,000 posts :)

I'll have to go in my thread ;) hehe
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    wow i wonder if i change at 3,000 posts

I'll have to go in my thread ;) hehe

heehee :D Don't change :p Any guy who is a clone of Simon Cowell is okay in my book. :p

NOO! What are you doing in that thread of yours?? :eek:
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    indiffgrl wrote:

Wow, I sure know how you feel!! I'm in the exact same place right now!! I found someone amazing and I am completely head over heels for him!!! And even better, I met him here on the board!!!!! :D
  • Options

You could always 'come out'. Say you were hoping she'd be the one to change you but no offense to her, cos if she can't change you nobody can :) I reckon that's a good one... but far too late for you :o let us know how it went.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    indiffgrl wrote:
    :mad: COMPLETELY the wrong thread!

:p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ooops sorry, I thought we'd have to wait for today to see how it went. Doesn't sound like it was TOO bad.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    indiffgrl wrote:

Give it time ;)
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    :) Hey YOU doin'? ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

Sorry about the not so great date. I know this goes against all dating rules, but why not just point blank tell her that you aren't interested. You'll spare her the agony of waiting for you to call. I think most of the time, people would rather just get the bad news out of the way (i.e rip the bandage off fast).