Options

Does anyone else hate dating???

Comments

• Options
    Dating sucks because if you happen to get an inkling you like someone, you're fucked right from the outset. You might as well not even bother. Girls will just give you the 'at least I made a new friend, that's how I want to think of it' line.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative. It's not, it's just sod's law.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I actually went on a date once and the guy was just like "you're not interested in me, are you?" and I was like, "no not really." and we just ended it there.
    See that's cool... you know after the initial 10 minutes usually... quite often you know straight away what way it's gonna go or if you're gonna be comfortable with them... staying with them just to be polite is pointless... they're gonna think it went well and wait for your call OR they hated it just as much as you did.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    you don't have to walk on eggshells... it's only like that if that's the way you decide to go about it. You have to be myself... the way I see it is that if I go out with a guy and I'm all nice and polite and all the things women are supposed to be, well he's not actually seeing ANY of the real me, so if he DOES wanna see me again, he actually wants to meet somebody who's not even me... so fuck that.

exactly.

My last boyfriend was younger and he had a serious gf before but really no "dating" experience, so he didn't know about all the eggshell walking and games. It was great! he bought me a CD on our second date and when he took me to his office party he just asked if he could introduce me as his girlfriend. we saw each other whenever we felt like it without having to worry if had been "enough" time between dates. that's exactly the way it should be and probably why I ended up staying with him so long.
  • Options
    exactly.

My last boyfriend was younger and he had a serious gf before but really no "dating" experience, so he didn't know about all the eggshell walking and games. It was great! he bought me a CD on our second date and when he took me to his office party he just asked if he could introduce me as his girlfriend. we saw each other whenever we felt like it without having to worry if had been "enough" time between dates. that's exactly the way it should be and probably why I ended up staying with him so long.
    Yip, that's the way it should be... going along with the job interview comparison, it shouldn't feel like after the initial interview, that you're on probation and then that you've got 'the job'. If it feels like that, it's wrong IMO
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Malcolm_X wrote:
    I'm 24, and I've never dated anybody.

I'm 22 and never dated anybody and I think its starting to wear at my soul. Sometimes the thought of dating is just a big anxiety pit that I would so much rather avoid, and thus I end up just having drunken hookups ...which doesn't really help to get that confidence up.

Oh well!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I've never been on a 'date'. At least not the kind of thing I see on tv where you sit across from someone you don't know and enage in awkward small talk for an hour. even if I like someone, if I'm put into a situation like that where I'm forced to make conversation I'll get nervous and curl up in the proverbial ball andit won't go anywhere. Anyone I've been with I've just met through friends or at parties and the like. If I hit it off with someone I'll make an effort to see them again and see how things go. Dating is for chumps.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I hate dating because 99.999999~% of the human population are fucked up.

except me ;)
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    except me ;)

Fucked up... or taken :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Dating sucks because if you happen to get an inkling you like someone, you're fucked right from the outset. You might as well not even bother. Girls will just give you the 'at least I made a new friend, that's how I want to think of it' line.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative. It's not, it's just sod's law.

Harmless you might sound negative, but i think you are right. It's best to be negative, because if something goes wrong at least it's not going to break your heart as much.

hehe, well as for me though...i do like someone who i'm going out with now. and i've liked this guy for nearly a year now, and i have only started going out with him recently. But the one really weird thing is that i'm not bothered about him too much..i mean i like him and i love spending time with him....but if he leaves me now....i won't care, which is kind of weird why i think like this.

i'm also not bothered about my ex and i'm not bothered about friends that have left me. life's good now, cause i just don't give a shit about anything.

i don't need people to be happy..... and this is a phrase i thought i would never say in my entire life
  • Options
    Fucked up... or taken :D

taken :)
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    Harmless you might sound negative, but i think you are right. It's best to be negative, because if something goes wrong at least it's not going to break your heart as much.

hehe, well as for me though...i do like someone who i'm going out with now. and i've liked this guy for nearly a year now, and i have only started going out with him recently. But the one really weird thing is that i'm not bothered about him too much..i mean i like him and i love spending time with him....but if he leaves me now....i won't care, which is kind of weird why i think like this.

i'm also not bothered about my ex and i'm not bothered about friends that have left me. life's good now, cause i just don't give a shit about anything.

i don't need people to be happy..... and this is a phrase i thought i would never say in my entire life

Good way to be. I'm trying to get there myself. I want to be content as a single, that's my new year's resolution.

• Options
    genie wrote:
    taken :)

My point exactly. I should have preceded it with 'Women are either..'

EDIT: Oh, you mean you're not.. ? I am slow this afternoon.

• Options
    genie wrote:

I understand where you're coming from genie because I used to think like that but really it's rubbish. :) I really believe life is what you make it and if you smile the world smiles with you.

:)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I just read this awesome book called Singled Out by Bella DePaulo. You should pick it up. It's all about these "expectations" you mention-how in american society, not only are single valued less and marriage/romantic relationships are played up to be more important than they are, but we are also discriminated against by the tax law, the housing market, and all kinds of businesses.

Thanks. I'm going to check this one out. It sounds like an interesting read.
    as far as dating???? keep on dating....AND BANG THEM ALL!!!!!!!

Hahaha.... true words of wisdom. ;)
  • Options
    lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    The last date I went on the guy straight out told me that he didn’t like black people. (He wasn’t that nice in putting it though) He than asked me if that was a deal breaker. Yep the check came very shortly after that.
    I just keep moving on....
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    I've done eharmony and Match.com

eharmony is like dating in quick sand...
    you have to go through like ten stages just to get to the date part...

Match.com seems to be very hit or miss..

seems to me every woman in boston is:
    as comfortable in jeans and sneakers as a black evening dress...
    wants her guy to be 5'10..
    Athletic and toned,
    makes me laugh,
    wants kids,
    doesn't have kids of your own,
    lists, lists, lists..

you don't have to wonder why some of them are in their 40"s and have never been married...

And God forbid that you post yourself as being a Pearl Jam fan... eeek!
    get away!

sigh... I need a PJ girl!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Ugggg.. Dating. I'm thirty-something now. I'm single. All my friends are married. There are all of these expectations from society and it just isn't working for me. I keep meeting fucked up women who aren't worth my time.

Lately I feel like I'm just going through the motions of dating. Should I give up? I certainly enjoy time to myself and don't need to date, but it does have certain advantages.

Yeah, things aren't much better from our perspective, either. :p And I'm only 25.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I don't like all the bullshit involved. Same with job interviews. I usually date people I already know.. I got this girl online who keeps pressuring me to go out with her. She sounds a little crazy, but I really can't judge that until I actually meet her.. I guess I'm not a people person. :/
    The only part of dating that I like is the fucking part.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    locked wrote:
    I've done eharmony and Match.com

eharmony is like dating in quick sand...
    you have to go through like ten stages just to get to the date part...

Match.com seems to be very hit or miss..

seems to me every woman in boston is:
    as comfortable in jeans and sneakers as a black evening dress...
    wants her guy to be 5'10..
    Athletic and toned,
    makes me laugh,
    wants kids,
    doesn't have kids of your own,
    lists, lists, lists..

you don't have to wonder why some of them are in their 40"s and have never been married...

And God forbid that you post yourself as being a Pearl Jam fan... eeek!
    get away!

sigh... I need a PJ girl!

Well how tall are you? I'm 5'8 and don't really want to date a guy the same height as me or shorter. I'd prefer 5'11 and up, but that isn't a requirement.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

Me too, Cosmo. Me too! :p
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    no, but my wife gets mad when I date

hahahahaha
    ;)
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Well how tall are you? I'm 5'8 and don't really want to date a guy the same height as me or shorter. I'd prefer 5'11 and up, but that isn't a requirement.
    how about 5'2"? ;)

and fat.... that doesnt make you laugh... has 50 kids to differeing women... doesnt really want kids... what else... oh and looks like simon? ha
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    do dates even last this long? :eek:

i have never gotten this far.... woman always "goes to freshen up" and never comes back :(
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    drivingrl wrote:
    Yeah, things aren't much better from our perspective, either. :p And I'm only 25.

It just goes downhill from there..... :P Nah, it's ups and downs.

How's Dallas these days? I lived at the Mansion on Turtle Creek for a summer a few years back. Nice diggs. :)
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    Grrr 25 year olds are too immature :p
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    how about 5'2"? ;)

and fat.... that doesnt make you laugh... has 50 kids to differeing women... doesnt really want kids... what else... oh and looks like simon? ha

Ooooh! The man of my dreams! :p
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    do dates even last this long? :eek:

i have never gotten this far.... woman always "goes to freshen up" and never comes back :(

HAHA! I bet! :p;)
  • Options
    Ooooh! The man of my dreams! :p
    *looks up at you and tugs at your shirt sleeve* down here hunny.... bwahaha imagine that :)
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    *looks up at you and tugs at your shirt sleeve* down here hunny.... bwahaha imagine that :)

LOL A few years ago I dated a guy who was my height, but at time I was into wearing short skirts and tall boots so I was ALWAYS a lot taller than him. It felt awkward when we would go places together, but oh well. :p Tugging at my shirt sleeve would be a bit much though! :p
  • Options
    lksammkt wrote:
    The last date I went on the guy straight out told me that he didn’t like black people. (He wasn’t that nice in putting it though) He than asked me if that was a deal breaker. Yep the check came very shortly after that.

Wow! That is horrible!

You are in Sactown too?