Options

Does anyone else hate dating???

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't like all the bullshit involved. Same with job interviews. I usually date people I already know.. I got this girl online who keeps pressuring me to go out with her. She sounds a little crazy, but I really can't judge that until I actually meet her.. I guess I'm not a people person. :/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stay away from the "online" dating thing....that is if you want something serious.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Stay away from the "online" dating thing....that is if you want something serious.
    This wasn't through a service. This girl found me on Myspace. I only use Myspace for friends I know, people I work with and a few people from here..
  • Options
    This wasn't through a service. This girl found me on Myspace. I only use Myspace for friends I know, people I work with and a few people from here..

So you know/met her personally? The Online thing shows a lack in confidence....which is what women want.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    So you know/met her personally? The Online thing shows a lack in confidence....which is what women want.
    No. Not yet. She found me online. She was obviously do some searches... She does sound very insecure and lack confidence. Almost painfully desperate. She's a cute looking girl though.
  • Options
    I'm on a major dating hiatus at the moment, mostly because I just don't feel comfortable with how I look right now, I just had a 9-month relationship that kinda fizzeled out, and I don't really feel like doing the match.com thing anymore, so I don't really know where to meet men. But I don't hate dating- I actually like the excitement of not knowing what's going to happen. But I've decided that I'm not going to do any of that dating bullshit anymore when I do start dating again. I'm turning 30 soon and I've realized that crap is just not worth it. Last night my friend was asking me for advice- she's been dating this guy for like over a month, maybe 2, and she's all nervous because she doesn't want him to think she's pressuring him into "meeting her friends" if she invites him to go to brunch with us tomorrow. Like that's just the kind of stuff I don't want to deal with anymore. If I'm seeing someone, I don't want to be nervous to say, "hey we're getting brunch, want to come?"
  • Options
    No, no myspace girl. That is like the worst idea ever.
  • Options
    No, no myspace girl. That is like the worst idea ever.

See yeah, I've done a ton of match.com stuff, but the whole myspace thing seems pretty random. I sorta feel like, if you're gonna online date, just use a site that was made for that.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    dating sucks monkey balls....
  • Options
    You get like 30 or 40 cool points just by NOT having a myspace account.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    dating sucks monkey balls....
    hehehehehehehe......................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    No. Not yet. She found me online. She was obviously do some searches... She does sound very insecure and lack confidence. Almost painfully desperate. She's a cute looking girl though.

This reminds me of this profile my friend set up to get back at another friend. He made this profile with all these pictures of a hot chick he found on the internet. Then he went around and added all these random people so he would have friends and make it more believable. Then these desperate guys that added the "girl" started leaving "her" comments on how hot she was and everything:D

Then he went on my other friend's myspace and started writing messages like you are so hot and we should go out. The other friend is pretty gullible so he actually thought some hot chick was WAY into him!! When he told us one day that this hot chick from myspace was totally trying to hook up with him.. we decided to take it further and had my friend write that they should meet.

They decided on a Starbucks and me and some of my friends were waiting there when he showed up to meet this "girl"!!:D:D You should have seen the look on his face! We still give him shit..
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    Trailer wrote:
    This reminds me of this profile my friend set up to get back at another friend. He made this profile with all these pictures of a hot chick he found on the internet. Then he went around and added all these random people so he would have friends and make it more believable. Then these desperate guys that added the "girl" started leaving "her" comments on how hot she was and everything:D

Then he went on my other friend's myspace and started writing messages like you are so hot and we should go out. The other friend is pretty gullible so he actually thought some hot chick was WAY into him!! When he told us one day that this hot chick from myspace was totally trying to hook up with him.. we decided to take it further and had my friend write that they should meet.

They decided on a Starbucks and me and some of my friends were waiting there when he showed up to meet this "girl"!!:D:D You should have seen the look on his face! We still give him shit..

My friend did something very similar to this. But didn't take it that far as to meet.
  • Options
    Trailer wrote:

Hear about the 13 year old girl who hung herself because somebody did the same thing to her?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Hear about the 13 year old girl who hung herself because somebody did the same thing to her?

Actually she did it because she made a "friend" on myspace. One day the "friend" said they should no longer be friends and started posting myspace bulletins about how the girl is a slut and shouldn't be trusted. Then the girl killed herself. The friend turned out to be the parents of some other little girl in the town.

Pretending to be a hot girl and messinging with an older boy is much different.

And another reason why myspace is hilariously lame. But good for music.
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431

What? Well my friend is not 13 years old.. or a girl.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I hate dating because 99.999999~% of the human population are fucked up.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

think maybe it's you then?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    think maybe it's you then?

Nope
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

yup
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I think you hit the nail on the head comparing dating to job interviews. I'm not a fan of dating... or job interviews.
    Just me
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Ahnimus wrote:

99.999999~% of the human population are fucking... you're the odd one out who is still yanking it :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JERRY: Elaine, what percentage of people would you say are good looking?

ELAINE: Twenty-five percent.

JERRY: Twenty-five percent, you say? No way! It's like 4 to 6 percent. It's a twenty to one shot.

ELAINE: You're way off.

JERRY: Way off? Have you been to the motor vehicle bureau? It's like a leper colony down there.

ELAINE: So what you are saying is that 90 to 95 percent of the population is undatable?

JERRY: UNDATABLE!

ELAINE: Then how are all these people getting together?

JERRY: Alcohol.

GEORGE: I read somewhere that this Brentano's is the place to meet girls in New York.

JERRY: First it was the health club, then the supermarket, now the bookstore. They could put it anywhere they want, no one's meetin' anybody.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    99.999999~% of the human population are fucking... you're the odd one out who is still yanking it :)

Still? I've been single for about 2 months.

Maybe I'm just not a drunk piece of shit with nothing better to do than stick my dick in any trendy bitch that looks in my general direction. :)
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    "I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ass-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your ass sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair."
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Still? I've been single for about 2 months.

Maybe I'm just not a drunk piece of shit with nothing better to do than stick my dick in any trendy bitch that looks in my general direction. :)

man, those were the days :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JERRY: Elaine, what percentage of people would you say are good looking?

ELAINE: Twenty-five percent.

JERRY: Twenty-five percent, you say? No way! It's like 4 to 6 percent. It's a twenty to one shot.

ELAINE: You're way off.

JERRY: Way off? Have you been to the motor vehicle bureau? It's like a leper colony down there.

ELAINE: So what you are saying is that 90 to 95 percent of the population is undatable?

JERRY: UNDATABLE!

ELAINE: Then how are all these people getting together?

JERRY: Alcohol.

GEORGE: I read somewhere that this Brentano's is the place to meet girls in New York.

JERRY: First it was the health club, then the supermarket, now the bookstore. They could put it anywhere they want, no one's meetin' anybody.

Classic. :D

And yes dating sucks.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I tried the internet dating, and it's like a blind date anyways basically. I didn't like dating that much, but I don't think I had the right attitude. It's suppose to be FUN! Unfortunately, I found that out recently and I haven't dated for a while, so all that good information has gone to waste :)

In theory dating should be exciting and fun.

If someone sounds pyscho on the internet they are definitely psycho in person. Remember, we can monitor our words on the internet.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Hartydog wrote:
    "I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ass-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your ass sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair."

loves it.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!