Options

Does anyone else hate dating???

Comments

• Options
    I'm 24, and I've never dated anybody.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I just like this girl I keep running into. I ran into her just a few mins ago. We never talk to each other, but whenever we see each other we smile and shyly look away. More fun than dating.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I just like this girl I keep running into. I ran into her just a few mins ago. We never talk to each other, but whenever we see each other we smile and shyly look away. More fun than dating.

When's the wedding?
  • Options
    When's the wedding?

Wedding? I'd have to talk to her then.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

God forbid. Talking to girls? That's so gay and lame.
  • Options
    God forbid. Talking to girls? That's so gay and lame.

I might not like her after talking to her.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Ahnimus wrote:

then just pass her a note declaring your ever-lasting love and devotion and ask her if she'll marry you? ;):p
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    then just pass her a note declaring your ever-lasting love and devotion and ask her if she'll marry you? ;):p

I know better than admit any such thing to a woman.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I know better than admit any such thing to a woman.

that's alright, if she has half-a-brain she'll know that you're bullshitting her anyway, even if you talk to each other for hours everyday for years on end ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I love women. Dating's just a word for being with women. If you love a woman properly, dating should be fine.

Yours sincerely,

Captain Sex
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I love women. Dating's just a word for being with women. If you love a woman properly, dating should be fine.

Yours sincerely,

Captain Sex

Word!! Dating isn't so bad. I like making new friends and even if it's not a love connection, I like to make the best of it and at least have a new friend.
    I've done the internet dating thing and I honestly have met some great people. I've fallen in love with one of them, it didn't work but I can honestly say to this day, we are great friends. It's easy to weed out the crazy ones. First instincts are amazing.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Word!! Dating isn't so bad. I like making new friends and even if it's not a love connection, I like to make the best of it and at least have a new friend.
    I've done the internet dating thing and I honestly have met some great people. I've fallen in love with one of them, it didn't work but I can honestly say to this day, we are great friends. It's easy to weed out the crazy ones. First instincts are amazing.

I agree! I like dating. I've met some really good people doing online dating. I was with one person from online dating for almost a year, but then I moved over 700 miles away. I just don't like how you have to walk on eggshells...it shouldn't be like that.
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    that's alright, if she has half-a-brain she'll know that you're bullshitting her anyway, even if you talk to each other for hours everyday for years on end ;)

Say what? Is this a reference to something else?

I'm bad with women to be honest. I'm getting shit from my friend, ex-girlfriend, now for breaking up with her almost immediately after having sex.
  • Options

Yours sincerely,

Captain Sex

I like this.

Dating isn't horrible. It's better than not getting any.
    Cock Fight.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Say what? Is this a reference to something else?

I'm bad with women to be honest. I'm getting shit from my friend, ex-girlfriend, now for breaking up with her almost immediately after having sex.

nope, that's in reference to any man declaring his ever-lasting love and devotion to a woman ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    I thought dating was the code word for f--king?

Although overrated depending on the person, it doesn't exactly suck...well sometimes but it's the good kind of suck...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Wow, the shit we go through just to remain friends after dating. I always find out that I'm a fucking asshole, even though I don't feel like one.

I went out of town for a week and wanted a break to assess the relationship. I got fucked over by greyhound and ended up back in London after midnight, there was no way I could get home, because I was broke and buses were out of service for the night. I was about to call up the girlfriend, even though I'd decided to break up with her, I was inbetween a rock and a hard place. It turns out she had waited at the bus station for me and was already there. So she gave me a ride home and naturally came in for a bit. Some how we ended up having sex and immediately I realized my terrible mistake and confessed to her at that moment. Well holy shit, what a bad fucking idea that was.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Wow, the shit we go through just to remain friends after dating. I always find out that I'm a fucking asshole, even though I don't feel like one.

I went out of town for a week and wanted a break to assess the relationship. I got fucked over by greyhound and ended up back in London after midnight, there was no way I could get home, because I was broke and buses were out of service for the night. I was about to call up the girlfriend, even though I'd decided to break up with her, I was inbetween a rock and a hard place. It turns out she had waited at the bus station for me and was already there. So she gave me a ride home and naturally came in for a bit. Some how we ended up having sex and immediately I realized my terrible mistake and confessed to her at that moment. Well holy shit, what a bad fucking idea that was.

I know you said you were bad with women, but that's horrible dude.

I mean she picked you up at the fucking bus station.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

That's when you say "ahh fuck it"...but you already did.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    Ugggg.. Dating. I'm thirty-something now. I'm single. All my friends are married. There are all of these expectations from society and it just isn't working for me. I keep meeting fucked up women who aren't worth my time.

Lately I feel like I'm just going through the motions of dating. Should I give up? I certainly enjoy time to myself and don't need to date, but it does have certain advantages.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

You were fucked over by a greyhound?

:eek:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

Agree!
  • Options
    No. Not yet. She found me online. She was obviously do some searches... She does sound very insecure and lack confidence. Almost painfully desperate. She's a cute looking girl though.
    Is this the same girl you spoke about months ago? Seriously, I would give that one a miss :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Ugggg.. Dating. I'm thirty-something now. I'm single. All my friends are married. There are all of these expectations from society and it just isn't working for me. I keep meeting fucked up women who aren't worth my time.

Lately I feel like I'm just going through the motions of dating. Should I give up? I certainly enjoy time to myself and don't need to date, but it does have certain advantages.

I just read this awesome book called Singled Out by Bella DePaulo. You should pick it up. It's all about these "expectations" you mention-how in american society, not only are single valued less and marriage/romantic relationships are played up to be more important than they are, but we are also discriminated against by the tax law, the housing market, and all kinds of businesses.
  • Options
    dating is cool as long as you both are clear about what you want from it.

dating is kinda bad when this doesnt happen...
  • Options
    I'm on a major dating hiatus at the moment, mostly because I just don't feel comfortable with how I look right now, I just had a 9-month relationship that kinda fizzeled out, and I don't really feel like doing the match.com thing anymore, so I don't really know where to meet men. But I don't hate dating- I actually like the excitement of not knowing what's going to happen. But I've decided that I'm not going to do any of that dating bullshit anymore when I do start dating again. I'm turning 30 soon and I've realized that crap is just not worth it. Last night my friend was asking me for advice- she's been dating this guy for like over a month, maybe 2, and she's all nervous because she doesn't want him to think she's pressuring him into "meeting her friends" if she invites him to go to brunch with us tomorrow. Like that's just the kind of stuff I don't want to deal with anymore. If I'm seeing someone, I don't want to be nervous to say, "hey we're getting brunch, want to come?"
    Absolutely... I used to hate dating til I stopped dating according to 'the rules'. It's much more fun when you don't follow the rules.... whoever came up with the dating rules was on drugs!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:

ALL....and i mean ALL MY FRIENDS got married between the ages of 25-30.....it was as if they were on a fucking mission......

many ended up divorced...
    some are on their 2nd marriage.....
    some are on their 3rd marriage.........
    most are miserable......
    few are truly happy........

there is nothing wrong with staying single......and waiting for that special someone.......

as far as dating???? keep on dating....AND BANG THEM ALL!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    I think you hit the nail on the head comparing dating to job interviews. I'm not a fan of dating... or job interviews.
    I have to say... if it feels like a job interview, it's not working out... I'd be making my excuses after a couple of drinks.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I have to say... if it feels like a job interview, it's not working out... I'd be making my excuses after a couple of drinks.

I actually went on a date once and the guy was just like "you're not interested in me, are you?" and I was like, "no not really." and we just ended it there.
  • Options
    I agree! I like dating. I've met some really good people doing online dating. I was with one person from online dating for almost a year, but then I moved over 700 miles away. I just don't like how you have to walk on eggshells...it shouldn't be like that.
    you don't have to walk on eggshells... it's only like that if that's the way you decide to go about it. You have to be yourself... the way I see it is that if I go out with a guy and I'm all nice and polite and all the things women are supposed to be, well he's not actually seeing ANY of the real me, so if he DOES wanna see me again, he actually wants to meet somebody who's not even me... so fuck that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life